Forget About CP, Circle July 17th On Your Calendar

HawgGoneIt

27 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Wow this is on the same day as the Season 7 Premier of Game of Thrones... 

July 17th gonna be a good day.

...and for a preseason poll, it's not "way too early". It's placed just right. One month ahead of the season, not two and not four. Just the one. 

3 hours ago, The Stache said:

I don't want to ruin the suspense, but get used to seeing the three stripes on marquee covers.

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/top-offensive-linemen-southern-california-2017/

OL looks in check.  

"Brown, who is 6-7,  318 pounds, is one of four Mater Dei offensive linemen listed in the top 150 college prospects in California in the Class of 2018, according to 247Sports."

29 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

From what I understand....Florida schools will occupy 52 of the Top 100...in the HSFA rankings.  Cali will only see about 15.  Minutia will make up about a 3rd.

Sounds reasonable.

Rufus>>

No, this is the GA poll

these guys are the ones that have you an MNC in 2015

Georgians love these guys 

I'll stick with the gold standard but expect this to be a very favorable to GA poll 

CP will drop younif younplay a 0-10 school but these guys just like wins, Baby

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

They aren't. Either is Bakersfuekd or Freano

Why would someone talk about a SoCal ranking and then editors note that it includes SS and LAS

this guy clearly has about as much experience and interest in west coast as DJ

44 minutes ago, Pops said:

No, this is the GA poll

I'll stick with the gold standard but expect this to be a very favorable to GA poll 

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/colquitt-county-finishes-1-in-top-25-media-compilation-poll/

Fisher digs DLS though no? :) 

1 hour ago, Pops said:

No, this is the GA poll

CalPreps made a 1-loss DLS team MNC. CalPreps has California in the name.

Enough said.

Surely you didnt mean CP was the gold standard? According to who? Nobody outside of CA, I can assure you. 

HSFBA is the superior ranking product.

You cant lose OOS, then go back and kick your states ass and win a MNC. Thats only possible for  a CA team at CAPreps.

• Like 1

http://calpreps.com/2012/ratings/National_all25.htm

Not so fast Echs... Allen 2012.  Was 1 loss Allen always tops on CP?   Was DLS that low?   I do recall Norcross being 15 or 16, so they dropped a tad but still top 25.  

With that said, In 2013 Freeman had 2 schools from Missouri in the top 18 in the country.   He also had Missouri rated 9th top 50 avg that year. Moving to 2016, Missouri state rating was 21st.  Chutes and Ladders is truly fitting for Freeman's state scaling attempt.   What roll will 2017 bring?   

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

http://calpreps.com/2012/polls_view.htm   Answer... take a MNC CP from DLS.  Wow.  A refresher here.  CP on far left.  Freeman dropped DLS from 1 to 5.   Whoa Nelly!   Lol 

At least he's trying to make himself look objective... even if it's in retrospect. 

Pretty sure that Jeff Fisher is in Cali. Now, I'm not going to say that means he knows much about Cali, but I'm thinking that it at least makes him look a bit more objective since he is there but there isn't number 1 or with 7 of the top 10 nearly every year. xD

6 hours ago, Pops said:

Why would someone talk about a SoCal ranking and then editors note that it includes SS and LAS

this guy clearly has about as much experience and interest in west coast as DJ

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

6 hours ago, Pops said:

No

he only knows them from a Disney movie

Clearly Jeff knows very little about the west coast.

“I’ve known Jeff for almost four years now after he gave me first on-air opportunity on the High School Football America/SoCal Radio Show. He is one of the very few who I have the upmost respect for in regards to the broadcasting industry. His willingness to help others set a path for success in the broadcast industry, is second to no one. Jeff is the consummate professional who knows his stuff and works diligently at being the best at what he does. I would recommend Jeff for any role when it comes to the broadcasting industry.” –Mike Karney, former NFL fullback and former Fox Sports West Prep Zone Analyst

“Jeff Fisher is a fixture in the world of high school football.  His knowledge and unique perspectives on the national high school football landscape are unparalleled.  Jeff is one of a kind in our industry!”  Jason Negro, Head Football Coach at St. John Bosco High School

“Jeff Fisher is one of the most genuine, hard working, prepared and talented broadcasters I have encountered. His genuine passion for prep sports is unmatched. There is nothing manufactured about it. Jeff knows football, knows broadcasting, and knows how to be a teammate. People want to work with Jeff because of his passion and talent, not to mention his ability to make others around him better. Jeff gave me my start in radio, and he could not have been more encouraging. But he also gave great advice and honest feedback, which was sincerely appreciated. Jeff has made great sacrifice to make his passion for high school football work in Southern California. Jeff is like a celebrity when he arrives on campus for games. He has garnered a tremendous amount of respect from players, coaches and media in and around the sport. High School football is a better product in Southern California because of Jeff Fisher”.  Trent Schlom, Sports Reporter/Anchor/Host Angels Radio AM830 KLAA

“Jeff Fisher is a colleague, but more importantly a friend. In 2012, Jeff was one of the first guys I connected with after my appointment as Head Football Coach at Orange Lutheran High School. He had me on his show the first week High School Football America/SoCal started on AM 570 FOX Sports Radio. Prior to arriving at Orange Lutheran, I coached at the United States Air Force Academy for 18 years and 4 years at the University of North Texas. During that 22 year run, I was blessed to deal with various media outlets at the highest level. I was fortunate to be interviewed by all the “big time” broadcasters. The first interview I did with Jeff was, by far, the most organized, planned and successful interview I have ever done. From the minute we started talking he put me at ease and made me very comfortable. His questions were relevant and too the point. Since that first interview, Jeff has done several interviews with me and my players and they have been equally professional. Jeff is amazingly knowledgeable about a variety of different sports and can talk intelligently about many different topics. Jeff has a gift and it is talking sports!”  Chuck Petersen, Head Football Coach at Orange Lutheran High School

“Give a listen to the High School Football America radio program on KLAC/570 on Fridays from 10 p.m. to midnight. It is the smoothest and most complete Southern California high school football radio show that has been on the air these past 22 years.”  Steve Fryer, OC Register, published October 11, 2012

“Jeff Fisher is a shining example of how to make high school sports sing on television. He has always embraced what the community embraces and found the stories that truly resonate with viewers.   Nowhere was that more evident than in his dedication to high school football in Pennsylvania in the early 1990s through 2000. Jeff created a high school program called “The Big Ticket” which evolved into must-watch television and still remains on the air at WFMZ more than 20 years later.   He knows the players and coaches. He learns their stories and shares them with the audience in a passionate and thorough manner.   Jeff’s dedication to high school football comes from the heart. He wears his passion on his sleeve and knows how important these stories are to parents, students, coaches and the community. I’ve worked in the sports industry for 22 years and consider myself extremely fortunate to know Jeff and say I learned from him. Jeff gave me my first job in television, and I still apply lessons he taught me during our time together in Pennsylvania to my work every day.” – Tom Leyden, Sports Director Fox 25 in Boston

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/meet-jeff-fisher/

I just want to BOLDLY point out the fact that the OLU and SJB coaches think of him as a friend, so YES, YES SIR-EEE, I will be calling foul every time either of those teams are awarded the HSFBA MNC. Just a forewarning. :D

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Clearly Jeff knows very little about the west coast.

“I’ve known Jeff for almost four years now after he gave me first on-air opportunity on the High School Football America/SoCal Radio Show. He is one of the very few who I have the upmost respect for in regards to the broadcasting industry. His willingness to help others set a path for success in the broadcast industry, is second to no one. Jeff is the consummate professional who knows his stuff and works diligently at being the best at what he does. I would recommend Jeff for any role when it comes to the broadcasting industry.” –Mike Karney, former NFL fullback and former Fox Sports West Prep Zone Analyst

“Jeff Fisher is a fixture in the world of high school football.  His knowledge and unique perspectives on the national high school football landscape are unparalleled.  Jeff is one of a kind in our industry!”  Jason Negro, Head Football Coach at St. John Bosco High School

“Jeff Fisher is one of the most genuine, hard working, prepared and talented broadcasters I have encountered. His genuine passion for prep sports is unmatched. There is nothing manufactured about it. Jeff knows football, knows broadcasting, and knows how to be a teammate. People want to work with Jeff because of his passion and talent, not to mention his ability to make others around him better. Jeff gave me my start in radio, and he could not have been more encouraging. But he also gave great advice and honest feedback, which was sincerely appreciated. Jeff has made great sacrifice to make his passion for high school football work in Southern California. Jeff is like a celebrity when he arrives on campus for games. He has garnered a tremendous amount of respect from players, coaches and media in and around the sport. High School football is a better product in Southern California because of Jeff Fisher”.  Trent Schlom, Sports Reporter/Anchor/Host Angels Radio AM830 KLAA

“Jeff Fisher is a colleague, but more importantly a friend. In 2012, Jeff was one of the first guys I connected with after my appointment as Head Football Coach at Orange Lutheran High School. He had me on his show the first week High School Football America/SoCal started on AM 570 FOX Sports Radio. Prior to arriving at Orange Lutheran, I coached at the United States Air Force Academy for 18 years and 4 years at the University of North Texas. During that 22 year run, I was blessed to deal with various media outlets at the highest level. I was fortunate to be interviewed by all the “big time” broadcasters. The first interview I did with Jeff was, by far, the most organized, planned and successful interview I have ever done. From the minute we started talking he put me at ease and made me very comfortable. His questions were relevant and too the point. Since that first interview, Jeff has done several interviews with me and my players and they have been equally professional. Jeff is amazingly knowledgeable about a variety of different sports and can talk intelligently about many different topics. Jeff has a gift and it is talking sports!”  Chuck Petersen, Head Football Coach at Orange Lutheran High School

“Give a listen to the High School Football America radio program on KLAC/570 on Fridays from 10 p.m. to midnight. It is the smoothest and most complete Southern California high school football radio show that has been on the air these past 22 years.”  Steve Fryer, OC Register, published October 11, 2012

“Jeff Fisher is a shining example of how to make high school sports sing on television. He has always embraced what the community embraces and found the stories that truly resonate with viewers.   Nowhere was that more evident than in his dedication to high school football in Pennsylvania in the early 1990s through 2000. Jeff created a high school program called “The Big Ticket” which evolved into must-watch television and still remains on the air at WFMZ more than 20 years later.   He knows the players and coaches. He learns their stories and shares them with the audience in a passionate and thorough manner.   Jeff’s dedication to high school football comes from the heart. He wears his passion on his sleeve and knows how important these stories are to parents, students, coaches and the community. I’ve worked in the sports industry for 22 years and consider myself extremely fortunate to know Jeff and say I learned from him. Jeff gave me my first job in television, and I still apply lessons he taught me during our time together in Pennsylvania to my work every day.” – Tom Leyden, Sports Director Fox 25 in Boston

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/meet-jeff-fisher/

I just want to BOLDLY point out the fact that the OLU and SJB coaches think of him as a friend, so YES, YES SIR-EEE, I will be calling foul every time either of those teams are awarded the HSFBA MNC. Just a forewarning. :D

He's got credentials and people with bullshit don't like that

they lose

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ararar said:

?at Ned retroactively changing his MNC.Thats just bizarre 

Almost as bizarre as his national ratings to begin with. 

He needs to learn from some of these really crappy companies that make crappy products and offer a super long warranty to go along with the MNC banners awarded. You know, those companies offer those lengthy warranties to buy credibility where there is none. 

xD

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Almost as bizarre as his national ratings to begin with. 

He needs to learn from some of these really crappy companies that make crappy products and offer a super long warranty to go along with the MNC banners awarded. You know, those companies offer those lengthy warranties to buy credibility where there is none. 

xD

He should plageriz us 

yeah that's his ticket LOL ?