Kell Classic lineup announced - Hoover vs North Gwinnett at the Benz

Fred

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I really don't know the inner workings of the Kell, but, I think all schedules have to be turned in to the GHSA by March 1. That means the Kell negotiations and contracts should be nearing completion at this time imo.

A lot of schools have already released their schedules. March 1st is the right date, and I can't wait!

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

They are better, if GA was so good why they have to keep coming across the border whether it's South Carolina Florida or Alabama to find coaches for their top programs

Why are you so hung up on where the coach comes from?  I know this might come as a surprise to you but adults move around to better themselves and their families.  Turnabout is fair play.  If FL football is the "all that and a bag of chips" that you make it out to be, why do FL coaches leave the state for GA and other states?  People move.  Get over it.

28 minutes ago, Fred said:

Why are you so hung up on where the coach comes from?  I know this might come as a surprise to you but adults move around to better themselves and their families.  Turnabout is fair play.  If FL football is the "all that and a bag of chips" that you make it out to be, why do FL coaches leave the state for GA and other states?  People move.  Get over it.

The place of birth for the 40 to 60 year old head coach means absolutely nothing. That was an asinine statement. 

49 minutes ago, Fred said:

Florida top schools pay what 3A schools do in Alabama. How many Florida Coaches make $125,000 plus? Just in Hoover's region you got 4 who make $125,000 plus.

4 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Florida top schools pay what 3A schools do in Alabama. How many Florida Coaches make $125,000 plus? Just in Hoover's region you got 4 who make $125,000 plus.

Oh I get that and it is a perfect example of why coaches move.  That's my point.  Coaches move to better themselves and/or their families.

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Because our state is run by a bunch of cheap conservatives who don't care about public schools and instead push people to go private or academies because then the state can be cheap and not have to pay for it 

They would rather leave the citizens flipping the bill instead of actually making an effort to improve education in Florida, Florida develops some great coaches, the issue is the republican fucks running the state are screwing them over 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

The place of birth for the 40 to 60 year old head coach means absolutely nothing. That was an asinine statement. 

Only because you want it to seem like florida is on par with fucking Alaska 

You shit on every team and most of the time when you finally show up to watch the team they look a hell a lot better than you ever gave them credit for 

Or did you forget what happened to your precious IMG Academy when they had to face a team who wasn't scared of their paid off paradise south of the tampa bay area 

All those palm trees and they may as well been getting high on the beach from how lackadaisical they played 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Only because you want it to seem like florida is on par with fucking Alaska 

You shit on every team and most of the time when you finally show up to watch the team they look a hell a lot better than you ever gave them credit for 

Or did you forget what happened to your precious IMG Academy when they had to face a team who wasn't scared of their paid off paradise south of the tampa bay area 

All those palm trees and they may as well been getting high on the beach from how lackadaisical they played 

No shitting ever. I can call out some coach for signing up for a mismatch ass whooping. Those are waste of games. Choke-Leaf losing to Camden was embarrassing. Scheduling Lowndes was just as embarrassing. These teams are out of their league. They are outmanned, out coached and out classed. It’s a waste 

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

No shitting ever. I can call out some coach for signing up for a mismatch ass whooping. Those are waste of games. Choke-Leaf losing to Camden was embarrassing. Scheduling Lowndes was just as embarrassing. These teams are out of their league. They are outmanned, out coached and out classed. It’s a waste 

That's because the teams in Florida likely capable of beating lowndes ain't gonna sign up for some half ass pay to drive 2 years to hick town Valdosta and not get a home game out of the deal 

Why would STA travel 2 straight years to lowndes when they could get a Maryland or California powerhouse to fly to them and play on ESPN?

Why would Miami Central drive to Valdosta when they could play any powerhouse in Dade or Broward for a home/home 

Teams like Oakleaf take those games because the offer lowndes gives isn't appealing to most powerhouses, I'm not sure why Miami Northwestern took it but maybe they felt fine with not hosting games  

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

That's because the teams in Florida likely capable of beating lowndes ain't gonna sign up for some half ass pay to drive 2 years to hick town Valdosta and not get a home game out of the deal 

Why would STA travel 2 straight years to lowndes when they could get a Maryland or California powerhouse to fly to them and play on ESPN?

Why would Miami Central drive to Valdosta when they could play any powerhouse in Dade or Broward for a home/home 

Teams like Oakleaf take those games because the offer lowndes gives isn't appealing to most powerhouses, I'm not sure why Miami Northwestern took it but maybe they felt fine with not hosting games  

What are you talking about? Lowndes gives just as much as anyone in the country outside of a few private powers that have to. 

• Like 1

If I'm coaching Miami Central but Warner Robins is offering me a job I'm taking it.

Warner Robins might not be as big as Miami but the pay is going to be better and I can provide more for my family... 

Sometimes there's more to it than simply "Being" from somewhere.... 

These coaches come to Georgia because Georgia P A Y S 

Buford,Marist,Blessed Trinity,Lowndes,Valdosta,Camden,Warner Robins,Colquitt,Johns Creek  and North Gwinnett are some of the best paying schools I'd dare say in the country for a coach... Last I checked Lowndes HC makes 115K+... Blessed Trinity is in the same range..... 

What's Florida paying?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

What are you talking about? Lowndes gives just as much as anyone in the country outside of a few private powers that have to. 

They give what? 10-15k to a team from SFL to travel to them 

Now you think they make more there than HOSTING a ESPN game?

Why the hell should Miami Central or STA drive to hick town Valdosta to face a team who despite all the hype they try and push forward hasn't won a championship since 2007 when they can host an ESPN game against a nationally recognized OOS power and gain as much if not more respect and get their players much better exposure? Because some dude named nolebull thinks Georgia is the greatest football state ever and makes every other state seem worthless by comparison?

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

If I'm coaching Miami Central but Warner Robins is offering me a job I'm taking it.

Warner Robins might not be as big as Miami but the pay is going to be better and I can provide more for my family... 

Sometimes there's more to it than simply "Being" from somewhere.... 

These coaches come to Georgia because Georgia P A Y S 

Buford,Marist,Blessed Trinity,Lowndes,Valdosta,Camden,Warner Robins,Colquitt,Johns Creek  and North Gwinnett are some of the best paying schools I'd dare say in the country for a coach... Last I checked Lowndes HC makes 115K+... Blessed Trinity is in the same range..... 

What's Florida paying?

Yeah and pay will continue to suck in Florida as long as the conservatives stay in power

They would rather push people to private schools so they can cut down on education funding and pocket the money 

16 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Why the hell should Miami Central or STA drive to hick town Valdosta to face a team who despite all the hype they try and push forward hasn't won a championship since 2007 when they can host an ESPN game against a nationally recognized OOS power and gain as much if not more respect and get their players much better exposure? Because some dude named nolebull thinks Georgia is the greatest football state ever and makes every other state seem worthless by comparison?

Can't speak for the rest but I think I know why MC doesn't want to come back to Grayson.

• Haha 2

On 2/10/2021 at 9:50 PM, Columbiafan said:

because MC or STA schedules an OOS game against some Overnight All-star Academy who nobody really knows of or cares about on the football scene (ala SFA, IMG, USA, Prime Prep, Biff Prep, Gorman Prep, blah blah blah academy) instead of playing a brand name who most of the country knows about.  

Hick town Valdosta is actually pretty well known across the country for football so when true fans of the game see them on the schedule, they tune in knowing its a really good area for public school football.   Hell we heard of Valdosta and Warner Robins football. as early as the late 80's and we invented and refined the game of football up there in the Northeast, lol.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 8:50 PM, Columbiafan said:

Miami Central came to Hoover. But we did pay them.

8 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

because MC or STA schedules an OOS game against some Overnight All-star Academy who nobody really knows of or cares about on the football scene (ala SFA, IMG, USA, Prime Prep, Biff Prep, Gorman Prep, blah blah blah academy) instead of playing a brand name who most of the country knows about.  

Hick town Valdosta is actually pretty well known across the country for football so when true fans of the game see them on the schedule, they tune in knowing its a really good area for public school football.   Hell we heard of Valdosta and Warner Robins football. as early as the late 80's and we invented and refined the game of football up there in the Northeast, lol.

Valdosta is known because of their past but lowndes really is barley known nationally outside of this board, hell if we didn't have any South GA posters on here we wouldn't ever hear of lowndes 

On 2/10/2021 at 8:33 AM, Columbiafan said:

A team who has made the finals 2 straight years and your too much of a ignorant moron to even spell the teams name right 

You are by far the most unqualified poster on this entire board 

I have to remind myself that you are an immature child. First thing there is an Edgewood team in Florida. Secondly seems like everyone outside of you understood what I meant. It was an easy mistype. I don't even know why im explaining myself to you. I guess I feel sorry for your ignorance but I was thinking of Edgewater and Armwood and typed Edgewood. Seems like you are willing to cry and almost die to monitor my every post. Still waiting on you to contribute anything with those sorry as tigers who greatest accomplishment is losing to Valdosta 9th grade.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

I have to remind myself that you are an immature child. First thing there is an Edgewood team in Florida. Secondly seems like everyone outside of you understood what I meant. It was an easy mistype. I don't even know why im explaining myself to you. I guess I feel sorry for your ignorance but I was thinking of Edgewater and Armwood and typed Edgewood. Seems like you are willing to cry and almost die to monitor my every post. Still waiting on you to contribute anything with those sorry as tigers who greatest accomplishment is losing to Valdosta 9th grade.

The varsity didn't lose to the Valdosta 9th grade team THE JV DID

The only reason we had the JV play them is because columbia like over 95% of the teams in Florida don't HAVE FRESHMAN TEAMS 

columbia uses the JV team as a freshman team, there are very few sophomores and juniors on the team and the ones who are still there by junior years are the players who will be career backups since our coach doesn't cut players but maybe if you actually had a clue about the program you wouldn't make such stupid comments about it but you don't know anything about being a coach much less how any other team runs a program because you think being some middle school "get back coach" that you are somehow qualified to post here 

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Yes there is an Edgewood but your still a moron considering they don't actually have a football team 

Screenshot_20210213-100700.thumb.png.84397ef3d7c1731d4a1038a6d6fad75a.png

Screenshot_20210213-100809.thumb.png.7b476b69d20db5c270298b2aff0b6d6f.png

Feel free to look up this "Edgewood football team" but what you will realize is that is the only year that will come up and they didn't even have a single game that year 

Program, if it ever actually happened at all, caved before playing any games 

And mistaking Edgewater with Armwood when one is in Tampa and other in Orlando is still a sign of ignorance