Kell Classic lineup announced - Hoover vs North Gwinnett at the Benz

Fred

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

I knew we would have a lot of new matchups based off of what Dubose was saying and he made it clear he was trying to get it done with ESPN. He just did a show today on itg ill have to go back and watch it tonight. Seems like some teams turned us down.

That's where I got the information from. Oakleaf turned down a rematch and so did New Hampstead.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

@Ga96 and those interested...

Lowndes is planning on playing Griffin the 2nd game of the year. There is an ESPN deal that they are working on to potentially replace that game with St. Thomas Aquinas instead of Mater Dei and Southlake because it's easier to bus a team than fly them out. The Oakleaf game will be replaced this year with a team called Lake something from Tampa in 6A (didn't catch the full name). The New Hampstead game will be replaced too I believe but I don't know who the opponent will be. The rest of the schedule will remain the same as last year.

Hope this helps.

There is no team within 100 miles of Tampa that is within 3 scores of Lowndes. Waste of a game 

• Haha 2

Some news from Lowndes. If the kell classic game has any limitations its in the contract that Lowndes will host Walton at home. Dubose did that for the band after last year with teams not allowing our band to play and in most cases the band couldn't come at all. Also the griffin game is a 50/50. If ESPN picks up Lowndes then Dubose is looking to switch the opponent to STA. Gpb will be covering the winnersville classic this year also I guess they need to pretend like they care again. Last Edgewater is supposed to be on the schedule regardless just comes down to the contract and having the same open date now.

On 2/9/2021 at 1:33 AM, Ga96 said:

gsb coming with the bs because Dubose isn't looking his way. The only reason Lowndes is playing in the kell classic is because its at the Benz and we were asked to come back due to not being able to play in the Benz. If Lowndes could get a bigger name opponent than edgewood that could sway us. Our schedule isn't even finalized yet. 

A team who has made the finals 2 straight years and your too much of a ignorant moron to even spell the teams name right 

You are by far the most unqualified poster on this entire board 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ngdawg said:

@Ga96 and those interested...

Lowndes is planning on playing Griffin the 2nd game of the year. There is an ESPN deal that they are working on to potentially replace that game with St. Thomas Aquinas instead of Mater Dei and Southlake because it's easier to bus a team than fly them out. The Oakleaf game will be replaced this year with a team called Lake something from Tampa in 6A (didn't catch the full name). The New Hampstead game will be replaced too I believe but I don't know who the opponent will be. The rest of the schedule will remain the same as last year.

Hope this helps.

If your talking about Lake Minneola they are in Lake county which is just outside of Orlando not tampa

If not then it's likely some complete pushover because I'm not aware of anyone else in that general area that starts with Lake (maybe East Lake but that would be a good matchup if it was basketball or softball maybe, not football)

13 hours ago, ngdawg said:

That's where I got the information from. Oakleaf turned down a rematch and so did New Hampstead.

Oakleaf lost most of their best players including their QB and several key defenders to graduation

I doubt that game was a 2 year deal especially since Oakleaf would have never been given a home game in the deal

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

He doesn't think walton is on par with lowndes

He just shitting on Edgewater by saying they on par with Walton because he always undersells the FL teams 

Walton isn’t a pushover. It was no shitting on. You just think Florida is better than Georgia at team 11 man football and that’s not the case. Florida may have more players go D1 or more NFL players but when it comes to team ball GA is further ahead due to the fact they invest way more money and have much stronger stability with large backings and huge rosters from feeder systems. The foundation is much stronger with more and better coaching which is so vital at the HS level. 

Walton would Edgewater all they could handle 

53 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If your talking about Lake Minneola they are in Lake county which is just outside of Orlando not tampa

If not then it's likely some complete pushover because I'm not aware of anyone else in that general area that starts with Lake (maybe East Lake but that would be a good matchup if it was basketball or softball maybe, not football)

I think Lake Gibson? He said something about Lake George but that's not a thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Lake Minneola would get destroyed by Lowndes just as bad as they did Central. Hell no team with the word “Lake” in their name would be within 3 touchdowns of Lowndes. I would say STA is the only team in FL that could beat them. Not they WOULD, But they COULD 

11 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I think Lake Gibson? He said something about Lake George but that's not a thing.

L Gibson has had some good teams over the years but it’s few and far between. Their longtime coach who brought them their success has retired so they aren’t the same team. They would lose to Lowndes like 49-21 with the backups getting garbage points after the game was long in hand 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

A team who has made the finals 2 straight years and your too much of a ignorant moron to even spell the teams name right 

You are by far the most unqualified poster on this entire board 

He is probably calling them that because they are not a household name. Nationally they are just the team who got dog walked by Marietta and played STA close. 

So a blowout loss and moral win is their profile nationally. You can’t expect people to keep up with that many teams. And just making the finals doesn’t mean a ton outside of that team. Hell teams like Ponte Vedra, and Baker County have made the finals. No one cares. 

1 minute ago, Severino said:

Colleges don't want to risk violating the NCAA recruiting dead period by hosting high school games in August.

To my knowledge Georgia Southern lets the Local Bulloch County schools use Paulson Stadium and they host the Erk Russell Classic every year at the stadium on Fridays and Saturdays 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

He is probably calling them that because they are not a household name. Nationally they are just the team who got dog walked by Marietta and played STA close. 

So a blowout loss and moral win is their profile nationally. You can’t expect people to keep up with that many teams. And just making the finals doesn’t mean a ton outside of that team. Hell teams like Ponte Vedra, and Baker County have made the finals. No one cares. 

Ponte Vedra made the finals once with a elite QB and Baker County played in a weak region that year

Edgewater made the finals in a far more competitive classification and did it 2 years in a row, both times competing with the best team in the state 

And if the deadbeat moron is gonna act like he knows football in Florida he needs to actually have a clue what team he's talking about

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Walton isn’t a pushover. It was no shitting on. You just think Florida is better than Georgia at team 11 man football and that’s not the case. Florida may have more players go D1 or more NFL players but when it comes to team ball GA is further ahead due to the fact they invest way more money and have much stronger stability with large backings and huge rosters from feeder systems. The foundation is much stronger with more and better coaching which is so vital at the HS level. 

Walton would Edgewater all they could handle 

They are better, if GA was so good why they have to keep coming across the border whether it's South Carolina Florida or Alabama to find coaches for their top programs

You can point to a few lopsided matchups all taking place in GA with GA refs to claim florida is trash and GA is an elite state but it's bullshit

FL talent alone makes them a top 3 state despite your constant bullshit and attempts to make FL seem like they not even a top 10 state like you clearly think 

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

L Gibson has had some good teams over the years but it’s few and far between. Their longtime coach who brought them their success has retired so they aren’t the same team. They would lose to Lowndes like 49-21 with the backups getting garbage points after the game was long in hand 

And let me guess it would be 49-0 and all 21 points will be when it's a running clock because nobody in Florida outside of STA or IMG could ever compete with the greatest state ever known as GA 😂😂😂

Right? Isn't that the point you want to get across 

18 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

There is no team within 100 miles of Tampa that is within 3 scores of Lowndes. Waste of a game 

Hey Nolebull  - what part of the 813 you from? I graduated from Dunedin High (Pinellas County) and my daughter graduated from Bloomingdale High (Valrico) and now I have a son graduating this year from Grayson.

53 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

@HawgGoneIt @Fred

when will these games projected be locked in with a contract?

I really don't know the inner workings of the Kell, but, I think all schedules have to be turned in to the GHSA by March 1. That means the Kell negotiations and contracts should be nearing completion at this time imo.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Georgia Baller said:

Hey Nolebull  - what part of the 813 you from? I graduated from Dunedin High (Pinellas County) and my daughter graduated from Bloomingdale High (Valrico) and now I have a son graduating this year from Grayson.

I grew up by USF campus. Down 42nd street and Fletcher. And then 109th street between 15th and 22nd. They bussed us to Wharton out in New Tampa. 

Dunedin is a nice little area away from the nonsense of Tampa. Scottish vibes. Cool little downtown to go on a date night. Bloomingdale area is exploding. Anything near Brandon is a cluster. It’s exploded worse than you probably remember it. 

Nice areas