Lowndes 4star QB announces his top 5

Ga96

3 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Leave it up to these keyboard coaches to think they know more than college coaches and evaluators.

Cmon homeslizzle.......you said BJO wouldn’t play at LSU and he was second in the team in sacks as a true freshman. 

You said Arik would be a DE and he was #2 in the country in receptions for a TE before he opted out.

You, of all people, shouldn’t say shit about keyboard coaches and evaluators.......brah. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I don’t get why people get upset about saying a kid will have to change positions. When P5 schools are after you, they think you can play. Maybe not the position they did in HS, but somewhere. This kid is one of those cases. 

He should be proud. 

Agreed. Makes sense for lowends to have their best athlete play QB and keep the ball in his hands. P5 football is a whole different ballgame, switching positions could make Jacurri a ton of $.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Agreed. Makes sense for lowends to have their best athlete play QB and keep the ball in his hands. P5 football is a whole different ballgame, switching positions could make Jacurri a ton of $.

I agree. Don’t know his measurables, but he looks like he’s athletic enough. 

If he’s 4.65 or better, and likes to hit, can certainly make the switch. That being said, not everybody has it in them to play defense. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I don’t get why people get upset about saying a kid will have to change positions. When P5 schools are after you, they think you can play. Maybe not the position they did in HS, but somewhere. This kid is one of those cases. 

He should be proud. 

You would think Lowndes fans would get this. Their all world QB from a few years ago is a lights out safety now in college.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Iletteredintrack said:

You would think Lowndes fans would get this. Their all world QB from a few years ago is a lights out safety now in college.

Hey Brother! Hope all is well and you’re feeling fine!

Question for you. Do you know anything about Quincy Florida? My cousins just bought a place there and a fixing it up to live in part time. Other half of year in Salt Lake City. They got it to hunt in the area. 

Nice area or nah? I’m probably heading down their soon, as the Princess got accepted into the University Honors program at FSU. Quincy isn’t too far away from Tallahassee he said.

Anything would be helpful. TIA

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Hey Brother! Hope all is well and you’re feeling fine!

Question for you. Do you know anything about Quincy Florida? My cousins just bought a place there and a fixing it up to live in part time. Other half of year in Salt Lake City. They got it to hunt in the area. 

Nice area or nah? I’m probably heading down their soon, as the Princess got accepted into the University Honors program at FSU. Quincy isn’t too far away from Tallahassee he said.

Anything would be helpful. TIA

Not much going on in Quincy. The good news is that it is close to Tallahassee. Tallahassee is a great town. It still feels like a small town. I don't know much about hunting in the area. Good duck hunting close by. If you get down during football season give me a shout and I'll have you a ticket to a Packer game. 

19 hours ago, Iletteredintrack said:

Wrong on 2 points. He is a linebacker and recruited as one. Played both LB and QB while he was at Lowndes as well. He went to trash Michigan and was better than any of the QBs they have had while he has been there. 

Like I said keyboard coaches thinking they know more than actual coaches and evaluators of:

Arizona State

UGA

LSU

Florida

Miami

Texas A&M

Arkansas

Cincinnati

Georgia Tech

Tennessee

Ole miss 

Virginia

VT

West Virginia

https://247sports.com/Article/Elite-11-Regional-Jacurri-Brown-Carlos-Del-Rio-Heinrich-Haarberg-Aaron-McLaughlin--144475121/

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Wrong on 2 points. He is a linebacker and recruited as one. Played both LB and QB while he was at Lowndes as well. He went to trash Michigan and was better than any of the QBs they have had while he has been there. 

You know more than Harbaugh! You’re right Bro! 

Summa the stuff you mumble is comedic gold!

Thanks for the laughs

8 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

You know more than Harbaugh! You’re right Bro! 

Summa the stuff you mumble is comedic gold!

Thanks for the laughs

Im not your bro and I didn't say I know more than harbaugh I said our QB was better than the QBs that have been there while he was there. Do you need to go through michigans QBs of recent ? The best 1 is in the transfer portal. 

Half of you idiots still believe in trumpy the clown so why in the world would anybody listen to your judgment on any subject you clearly aren't the brightest.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Iletteredintrack said:

Not much going on in Quincy. The good news is that it is close to Tallahassee. Tallahassee is a great town. It still feels like a small town. I don't know much about hunting in the area. Good duck hunting close by. If you get down during football season give me a shout and I'll have you a ticket to a Packer game. 

I appreciate the offer.

You're welcome to hunt with us if you’d like. I’ll let you know when I head down. It’ll be sometime soon, depending on Lacrosse rescheduling. Maybe grab a bite and a drink. 

3 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Im not your bro and I didn't say I know more than harbaugh I said our QB was better than the QBs that have been there while he was there. Do you need to go through michigans QBs of recent ? The best 1 is in the transfer portal. 

Half of you idiots still believe in trumpy the clown so why in the world would anybody listen to your judgment on any subject you clearly aren't the brightest.

Not sure what Trump has to do with anything, except you are grasping for something to say because your football knowledge is embarrassing for a man. 

I don’t need to go through Michigan’s QBs to tell you if your kid were that good he’d have played. Don’t let that personal bitterness overcome common sense. 

Your current QB has a career percentage of 52% and averages less than 85 passing yards a game in his career. Your thinking that is big time just confirms how little you know about football and how blind you are to the cheatersville kids. 

4 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

jacurri completed less than half his passes and threw for 1500 yards in 12 games. Thank God high level P5 competition is not as good as what he’s seeing at lowends! 

Still don’t understand the issue with us saying the kid has a bright future at the next level at a different position. 

You can’t fix that lack of knowledge. It’s embarrassing. 

The kid is a good athlete. Certainly talented enough to be a P5 player, just not QB. But at less than 85 yards a game and 52%, my middle school kids put up better numbers. 

• Thanks 1

HS stats don’t exactly tell the whole story, hell.... Tater threw for eleventh bajillion for BG and ran for several light years in yardage. 

Look I recognize when it’s an unfulfilled ménage a trois with y’all but you’re letting your scorned love get in the way of analysis. 

Jacurri is a great athlete and these coaches at the P5 level are blinding by their own check believe they can coach these kids up into the skills with that athletic set.

Anyhoo, post on....

bgw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

HS stats don’t exactly tell the whole story, hell.... Tater threw for eleventh bajillion for BG and ran for several light years in yardage. 

Look I recognize when it’s an unfulfilled ménage a trois with y’all but you’re letting your scorned love get in the way of analysis. 

Jacurri is a great athlete and these coaches at the P5 level are blinding by their own check believe they can coach these kids up into the skills with that athletic set.

Anyhoo, post on....

bgw

Production doesn’t tell the whole story? Agree kinda because offers are based on projection and upside some of the time. Not really sure how they expect a kid that can’t complete half his passes in HS to light it up through the air at the P5 level. I do agree that coaches believe they can coach a kid up and that has to be the case here if all the schools are recruiting him to play quarterback. I just see higher upside at another position. I watched both games they lost  & jacurri was a non factor in both. Probably pretty mediocre coaching going on at lowends but still, if he’s the freak everyone is making him out to be how are you not taking over your biggest HS games? Especially when the ball is in your hands every single play. My guess is the good DC’s force him to beat them with his arm. He’s proven to not be able to do that against the best teams he played last year, at least in the two games I saw which I believe were their biggest games of the year. I genuinely hope the kid proves us wrong, but I also don’t see it as a knock to jacurri when we say he’s certainly a P5 caliber athlete but hasn’t shown P5 starter potential at the QB position yet. He’s certainly a kid you want on the field for your team but he’s not who I’d want throwing the ball for me in a desperate situation. A lot of great athletes play Qb in HS and go on to have fantastic careers at the next level at another position. I know Rufus will disagree but the defensive scheme at CC that jacurri struggled with is not as complex as they are the next level. (Smile) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Production doesn’t tell the whole story? Agree kinda because offers are based on projection and upside some of the time. Not really sure how they expect a kid that can’t complete half his passes in HS to light it up through the air at the P5 level. I do agree that coaches believe they can coach a kid up and that has to be the case here if all the schools are recruiting him to play quarterback. I just see higher upside at another position. I watched both games they lost  & jacurri was a non factor in both. Probably pretty mediocre coaching going on at lowends but still, if he’s the freak everyone is making him out to be how are you not taking over your biggest HS games? Especially when the ball is in your hands every single play. My guess is the good DC’s force him to beat them with his arm. He’s proven to not be able to do that against the best teams he played last year, at least in the two games I saw which I believe were their biggest games of the year. I genuinely hope the kid proves us wrong, but I also don’t see it as a knock to jacurri when we say he’s certainly a P5 caliber athlete but hasn’t shown P5 starter potential at the QB position yet. He’s certainly a kid you want on the field for your team but he’s not who I’d want throwing the ball for me in a desperate situation. A lot of great athletes play Qb in HS and go on to have fantastic careers at the next level at another position. I know Rufus will disagree but the defensive scheme at CC that jacurri struggled with is not as complex as they are the next level. (Smile) 

Well said. 

Countless athletic QBs literally take games over at the HS level. Even a few on the college level. The inability to quickly get through progressions combined with very average accuracy is not a good combination for success at the next level. The schemes get more complicated and the players get light years better. The game speeds up exponentially. Nothing about that screams “he gonna get better in college”. 

You born with the ability to read defenses and accurately throw a ball, just like your born with freaky athleticism. Neither are learned. You can get better, but not markedly. 

You can or you can’t. You are or you aren’t. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Anyhoo, post on....

bgw

Meanwhile larry being the pos that he is loves to ignore that his all american qb and drugy 5star TE and 4star WR went for a whopping 0 TDs against Lowndes while we have corners as small as 5'7. Somehow our QB managed to have a passing TD though.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Too be fair, Harbaugh is having problems holding on to QBs lately....

bgw

My point was Michael Barrett was recruited as a LB and Jacurri is being recruited as a QB. These idiots just go on wild benders anytime Lowndes is mentioned. In Larry's case especially he should be worried about his out program and players.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

It’s “beauty in the eye of the beholder”... seen plenty of athletes in crap programs do well, suspect production at the HS level do well and athletes that walked on and got cut from HS do well, one got cut twice in HS and got drafted. 😉

bgw

7 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Well said. 

Countless athletic QBs literally take games over at the HS level. Even a few on the college level. The inability to quickly get through progressions combined with very average accuracy is not a good combination for success at the next level. The schemes get more complicated and the players get light years better. The game speeds up exponentially. Nothing about that screams “he gonna get better in college”. 

You born with the ability to read defenses and accurately throw a ball, just like your born with freaky athleticism. Neither are learned. You can get better, but not markedly. 

You can or you can’t. You are or you aren’t. 

You are locked into a belief system that doesn’t allow possibilities. That and your extreme love for Lowndes. 

It is what it is, kid is a 4 star and has P5 offers....

bgw