How Informed are Americans about Race and Policing?

concha

https://www.skeptic.com/research-center/reports/Research-Report-CUPES-007.pdf

This is an interesting study commissioned by Skeptic magazine.

It demonstrates just how misinformed the American public is about the contentious issue of policing and race that has been allowed to tear at the fabric of our society, especially under the Trump Administration and fed by a leftist press and leftist politics not interested in truth nor fact.

The actual number to the question posed below is "under 30".

But look how far off even conservatives are.

Liberals? In La-La Land.

Eu39FQPWYAIkoK--e1614048336452.jpg

If you take 2 seconds to read the factual data about this topic, you would easily conclude “police brutality” is a myth. 

And you can’t say the numbers are disproportionate based on race if you understand that some races commit more crimes than others. Hindu Indians and Asians commit a minuscule amount of crimes in the country so their numbers would be practically zero. So someone with no knowledge would just simply conclude those groups don’t have a problem with police. Not factoring in the fact that don’t commit crimes to even be involved with police in the first place. 

If African Americans commit more crimes than other races, then by definition they would have a higher amount of negative altercations with police and higher incarceration rates. 

The main issue to curb these things is more priority on education and family unit. More respect for authority. Not be pieces of shit like Colin Kapernick spreading poison to the youth. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, concha said:

https://www.skeptic.com/research-center/reports/Research-Report-CUPES-007.pdf

This is an interesting study commissioned by Skeptic magazine.

It demonstrates just how misinformed the American public is about the contentious issue of policing and race that has been allowed to tear at the fabric of our society, especially under the Trump Administration and fed by a leftist press and leftist politics not interested in truth nor fact.

The actual number to the question posed below is "under 30".

But look how far off even conservatives are.

Liberals? In La-La Land.

Eu39FQPWYAIkoK--e1614048336452.jpg

Are you part of the Skeptics Society, cryin' chuck?......good stuff!

How do the Skeptics really feel about Global Warming?...you know, that sort of stuff. Anyways, thanks for the laugh.

"Every issue of the magazine opens with a description of The Skeptics Society and its mission statement, which is to explore subjects such as creationism, pyramid power, Bigfoot, pseudohistorical claims (as in the examples of Holocaust denial and extreme Afrocentrism), the use or misuse of theory and statistics, conspiracy theories, urban myths, witch-hunts, mass hysterias, genius and intelligence, and cultural influences on science, as well as controversies involving protosciences at the leading edge of established science, and even fads like cryonics and low-carb diets"

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Are you part of the Skeptics Society, cryin' chuck?......good stuff!

How do the Skeptics really feel about Global Warming?...you know, that sort of stuff. Anyways, thanks for the laugh.

"Every issue of the magazine opens with a description of The Skeptics Society and its mission statement, which is to explore subjects such as creationism, pyramid power, Bigfoot, pseudohistorical claims (as in the examples of Holocaust denial and extreme Afrocentrism), the use or misuse of theory and statistics, conspiracy theories, urban myths, witch-hunts, mass hysterias, genius and intelligence, and cultural influences on science, as well as controversies involving protosciences at the leading edge of established science, and even fads like cryonics and low-carb diets"

Just curious. What does one have to do to become a Skeptic...just say "Bullshit" to everything?? 

bcYCNOz.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

If you take 2 seconds to read the factual data about this topic, you would easily conclude “police brutality” is a myth. 

And you can’t say the numbers are disproportionate based on race if you understand that some races commit more crimes than others. Hindu Indians and Asians commit a minuscule amount of crimes in the country so their numbers would be practically zero. So someone with no knowledge would just simply conclude those groups don’t have a problem with police. Not factoring in the fact that don’t commit crimes to even be involved with police. 

If African Americans commit more crimes than other races, then by definition they would have a higher amount of negative altercations with police and higher incarceration rates. 

The main issue to curb these things is more priority on education and family unit. More respect for authority. Not be pieces of shit like Colin Kapernick spreading poison to the youth. 

Per this data, amongst liberals nearly 1 in 5 believe that the number is "around 10,000" or even more.

Nearly half of liberals think it is "about 1,000" or substantially more.

What does this say about our press/media and political leaders that such blatant misinformation is allowed to continue and propagate?

Every now and then I'll turn on CNN or MSNBC or one of the alphabet soup "news" programs.  Leftist activists are permitted to say whatever they like and the hosts' heads just bob up and down.  Not once have I ever seen someone point out the real numbers. Maybe it's happened, but it sure isn't a priority to get the truth out.

7 minutes ago, concha said:

Per this data, amongst liberals nearly 1 in 5 believe that the number is "around 10,000" or even more.

What does this say about our press media and political leaders that such blatant misinformation is allowed to continue and propagate?

Every now and then I'll turn on CNN or MSNBC or one of the alphabet soup "news" programs.  Leftist activists are permitted to say whatever they like and the hosts' heads just bob up and down.  Not once have I ever seen someone point out the real numbers. Maybe it's happened, but it sure isn't a priority to get the truth out.

I'm skeptic about skeptic. 

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

That is true. The more left wing the media is, the more likely the viewer is to believe that propaganda. 

Talking about police brutality being a real thing is a far left talking point. That’s why the “protestors” née rioters always look the same. They are same extremist group who is told what to think. So when left wing media starts spouting off about police brutality myths it puts them up in arms. The further left the media is, the deeper the propaganda. That’s why it is reflecting in the data as being most liberal means you are the most uniformed about the facts 

34 minutes ago, concha said:

What does this say about our press/media and political leaders that such blatant misinformation is allowed to continue and propagate?

How do you plan on using this information, cryin' chuckk???

I know 75% of the trumper's still think donald won the election huge!....Skeptics Magazine is suppose to be doing a story on it next month. lmao

• Thumbs Down 1

45 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I fired 2 crackheads just like you yesterday......random drug tests are a SOB.

Just thank God you don't have to take one to pick up dead bodies, scrap copper and perform on your knees. Know what I'm saying, lips?

Lol ur not a boss lol I’d spit on u if you were my boss, lol ur a cokehead

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

And you can’t say the numbers are disproportionate based on race if you understand that some races commit more crimes than others. Hindu Indians and Asians commit a minuscule amount of crimes in the country so their numbers would be practically zero. So someone with no knowledge would just simply conclude those groups don’t have a problem with police. Not factoring in the fact that don’t commit crimes to even be involved with police in the first place. 

the chart has nothing to do with brutality...it charts deaths...if you think police brutality is a "myth" you're crazy....🤡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, concha said:

sort of like Fox News, OAN and Newsmax getting sued  by Dominion  for lying about the election results??...🤡

• Like 1

concha is cravenly dishonest so he uses sleight of hand to push his talking points.

In 2019, in the United Kingdom, the police killed 3 people total. In the United States, we killed 27 unarmed black men.

concha's complaint is not that our police kill people at a higher rate than Angola, Sudan, Rwanda, Mexico, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Egypt among others.

No.

His complaint is that the left-wing media "allows" people to be uninformed and that therefore hurt the Trump Administration.

This is like his complaint about New York requesting 30,000 ventilators. He was really miffed about that!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, concha said:

Andy avoiding the uncomfortable-for-leftists topic and trying to deflect.

It's not uncomfortable at all.

The public being uninformed about a myriad of topics is not new or even that interesting. When I say that the American public is dumb and uninformed I get called an elitist.

But I don't care.

It's ironic that you accuse me of trying to deflect when you started a thread to deflect from a topic.

The police in this country kill dozens of unarmed black men every year when other Western industrialized nations kill practically nobody of any color.

Any reasonable person can see who's trying to deflect. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

concha is cravenly dishonest so he uses sleight of hand to push his talking points.

In 2019, in the United Kingdom, the police killed 3 people total. In the United States, we killed 27 unarmed black men.

concha's complaint is not that our police kill people at a higher rate than Angola, Sudan, Rwanda, Mexico, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Egypt among others.

No.

His complaint is that the left-wing media "allows" people to be uninformed and that therefore hurt the Trump Administration.

This is like his complaint about New York requesting 30,000 ventilators. He was really miffed about that!

Further deflection from Corn Cob.

tenor-3.gif

America, and especially people of Corn Cob's political persuasion, are grossly misinformed about police killings and race.

Corn Cob's immediate reaction?

"Well in this much smaller country with a completely different racial history and demographics..."

People like Corn Cob are perfectly HAPPY for Americans to be ignorant of reality.

4 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's not uncomfortable at all.

The public being uninformed about a myriad of topics is not new or even that interesting. When I say that the American public is dumb and uninformed I get called an elitist.

But I don't care.

It's ironic that you accuse me of trying to deflect when you started a thread to deflect from a topic.

The police in this country kill dozens of unarmed black men every year when other Western industrialized nations kill practically nobody of any color.

Any reasonable person can see who's trying to deflect. 

The stupidity of the above post is awe-inspiring.

I post about the reality, and Corn Cob twists, lies and distorts things to accuse me of deflection.

Reality = Deflection in Corn Cob Andy's world.

tenor.gif

4 minutes ago, concha said:

People like Corn Cob are perfectly HAPPY for Americans to be ignorant of reality.

👇

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

But I don't care.

• Thumbs Down 1