Panama City Fishing charter

Sweetlarry

10 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Anybody know of a good one that’s not too expensive? Leaving in the morning after the Princess birthday celebration.

TIA

Drive to Destin much better options.

But right now any type of fishing is red hot. Buddy caught 18 redfish 1 over slot 27 inches  in the destin bay in a pontoon boat last week 10 in the slot.  Using live shrimp and fiddler crabs. 

I'm not familiar enough on Panama City charters.  Look for reviews take those kids trolling. Pier fishing has been great.  Talk to the guys at half hitch best source on the coast. 

During April the water is getting warmer and fishing really kicks off. 

1200 should get you a good 6-8 charter. If you have never been out for 8 hours or family membets it can be rough if they get sick may wanna try a shorter trip maybe even bay fishing.

I went on a 10 hour charter in about 2002 with a few others and 2 guys where sick like dogs the entire trip. Bay fishing is a blast people even catch sharks in the bay. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Anybody know of a good one that’s not too expensive? Leaving in the morning after the Princess birthday celebration.

TIA

I have a daughter that moved there a couple of months ago.  Based on your inquiry I started looking into it.  Looks like I’m gonna have to go visit her. Even the surf fishing there can be pretty good.

Tuna fishing out here in So Ca is so hit or miss.  But, big bluefin are getting close again.  I missed out on it last year.  

1 hour ago, Iletteredintrack said:

Snapper. Bottom fishing. We had a blast. Great captain and crew. I am more of an inshore guy. I would rather be chasing tailing reds. To me there is no better fighting fish.

I agree nothing beats inshore bay fishing for Reds, trout, sheepshead and black drum.

In april of 2018 we went to the Okaloosa Island pier At 2:30 that afternoon the gulf turned black with Spanish, lady fish and blue fish in a school as far as you could see. I had 2 rods with ready to go both with gotcha lures.  For 3 hours as soon as those gotchas hit the water they were on.  I got tired reeling left handed I swap the crank on one rod for right handed then at 5:30  it stopped like a light switch. In 3 hours I got 68 on the pier and probably lost 40 more.  Some of the locals got well over a 100 on the pier just because they are so perfect in removing the hooks and not losing lures by get snagged on the pier and having to retire.  I lost 2 and had to retie while this rare event was going own killed a few minutes of casting.   They say kings are hot off the Narvarre pier.

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

I have a daughter that moved there a couple of months ago.  Based on your inquiry I started looking into it.  Looks like I’m gonna have to go visit her. Even the surf fishing there can be pretty good.

Tuna fishing out here in So Ca is so hit or miss.  But, big bluefin are getting close again.  I missed out on it last year.  

Does she like it.  I have come close twice to moving to Destin/Ft Walton. Once in the early 90's as a single guy then about 5 years ago as a married guy with too many responsibilities then locally. 

47 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Does she like it.  I have come close twice to moving to Destin/Ft Walton. Once in the early 90's as a single guy then about 5 years ago as a married guy with too many responsibilities then locally. 

For right now, she really likes it. Her boyfriend is at an Air Force base.  They bought a house and hope to stay for a while.  I’m looking forward to visiting.  The fishing is just a bonus.

23 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

TIA

Well, you are consistent.... 2nd year in a row you waited to the very end to book a charter. 

Good luck, hope y’all land a good charter and get on some fish. 

bgw

11 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well, you are consistent.... 2nd year in a row you waited to the very end to book a charter. 

bgw

You can walk up to the harbor walk in destin from march to October and most charters have openings.  For example a  charter is taking 6 out and needs 2 you just walk up and sign and head out the next morning I have done it several times. I got to go on a 6 hour trolling for $140 about 10 years ago with 5 guys from Memphis. Unless you are going out on the elite famous charters like Anastasia, Phoenix or Wahoo you can walk up and find a charter.  

Plus boats like the Anastasia like long trips like 12 hour or over night.  I have never been on an overnight trip 12 hour is my longest. But a 36 hour trip would not be for the average guy making his first trip. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

bgw

T?’ Is that you?!? 

Over medium means over medium, not runny. Get it right next time! 😂 

• Haha 1