Meanwhile: LOL

RedZone

If anyone was interested, here is a reasonable lawyer view of the situation....

explains the situation a little better. 

PS: Just used "him" to note that non-propagandized lawyers on screwyoutube are a dime a dozen, but one with 13 years worth of videos is probably more "real"....you know.... than some 3 week old and less than a dozen clip shill who gets a trophy from the censors only days after popping in on the scene...go figure....

9 hours ago, Troll said:

If anyone was interested, here is a reasonable lawyer view of the situation....

explains the situation a little better. 

PS: Just used "him" to note that non-propagandized lawyers on screwyoutube are a dime a dozen, but one with 13 years worth of videos is probably more "real"....you know.... than some 3 week old and less than a dozen clip shill who gets a trophy from the censors only days after popping in on the scene...go figure....

Had an idiot working for me once, his check was off by a decimal point.  $9300 vs $930.  Three days after payroll hr let me know so I had to give him the bad news.  He had already spent every cent.  They treated him well, took $75 from his check every week, so basically a bitchin deal.  0 interest loan basically.  He tried to sue, but the company had real lawyers.

I had it happen to me once. It was long enough ago that I don't remember the actual amounts. I think I was supposed to have something like $240 in my account (back when I lived from paycheck to paycheck), but after taking $20 out of the ATM, it showed a balance of something like $2,400.00.

What to do? Well, I wasn't dumb enough to spend it, and I wasn't such a straight arrow that I'd tell them about it. So I just decided to pretend that I never saw it for a while, just to see what would happen. It took them about four days or so, but they must have found it, because it disappeared as suddenly as it appeared.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Well, I wasn't dumb enough to spend it,

No, you cant confuse wisdom with a basic tenet of integrity.  You can be smart as hell and have a total lack of integrity.  It ties to personal accountability which a majority of the public lack.  It wasn’t your fault they overpaid you, so fuck em right?  I lost my wallet once (left it at an ATM) and some guy like you looked at the ID, made the call and wallet returned intact.  It used to be you could have a better than 50% chance that would happen.   Nowadays, the only chance that would happen was if you lost it in the company of good people.  If the world operated that way it would be a much better place.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

No, you cant confuse wisdom with a basic tenet of integrity.  You can be smart as hell and have a total lack of integrity.  It ties to personal accountability which a majority of the public lack.  It wasn’t your fault they overpaid you, so fuck em right?  I lost my wallet once (left it at an ATM) and some guy like you looked at the ID, made the call and wallet returned intact.  It used to be you could have a better than 50% chance that would happen.   Nowadays, the only chance that would happen was if you lost it in the company of good people.  If the world operated that way it would be a much better place.

Lost a friend in a similar story.....

was at a store with him, and while I'm busy checking out, he points to a wallet on the counter (which I thought he meant was his) so I hand it back to him 🤷‍♂️.  Walking back to the car he tells me it's not his wallet, and low and behold it's got hundreds of dollars in it.  Yea...thanks idiot.  So I say what is the address on the license, had some time so we could just drop it at his house or mailbox....but it was too far away for that.  Option two, for some reason we thought we could drop it off at the post office close by (think there was a postal ID that showed he might have worked there), but no luck when they wouldn't take it (and they didn't know the man).  By this time the whole thing is a fiasco, and didn't want to deal with any of it, so I drove to the closest cop station, walked in and handed them the wallet..... but it doesn't even end there...

An hour later I have police calling me telling me the owner says there is some money missing .  🤬  F'n A.    Now I was never sure if that was even correct, or if there was money missing where it went, but If I can't even walk into a store with a "friend" without the cops thinking I'm some thief an hour later, I gotta cut that "friend" loose as a "friend".

PS: you also nailed it with the wisdom/integrity remark....ex-friend was even a smart dude, but I had too much suspicion where some of that money may have went, or that he would even take it out of the store in the first place.....  Integrity counts.

• Like 2

Found a wallet on the tennis court. Mailed to the dude and he sent me a 25 dollar reward. I was 16 at the time. It was like hitting the lotto. The wallet had around 250.00 in it which I noticed when I was looking for his address. Never once crossed my mind to take the cash and leave the wallet on the court. I think the same way today. It's called morals. Some have them and some don't.

Tells you the mind set of some people now days. Voter fraud... no big deal, just don't get caught... Steal the cash from a wallet and let your friend take the blame, no big deal. Rob a bank and hide the cash and do a few years... good to go.

Bank robbery with a firearm, 3 years to life. Only getting 3 years... I'm sure the cash was returned and he never showed a weapon or he sould have spent life in prison.  

• Thanks 1