Jump to content

Corky Kell Tickets now on sale


Recommended Posts

If you have a team participating use their personal link to buy your tickets.

https://www.valdostadailytimes.com/sports/local_sports/tickets-for-corky-kell-classic-on-sale-now/article_54bd1d02-946f-54ac-a9aa-8579499e4b30.amp.html

@HooverOutlawhttps://hooverhighathletics.com/2021/04/27/corky-kell-classic-tickets-on-sale-now/

@ngdawg https://twitter.com/NGHSAthletics/status/1387370515602497541?s=20

@GardenStateBaller 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Probably won't go, I have band camp for Georgia Tech.

Don't do what I did in College...  All of it anyway...

For personal reasons I won't go into depth on here I had to drop out... 

College is a bunch of LEGALLY grown Kids with no supervision.... keep this in mind... 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Don't do what I did in College...  All of it anyway...

For personal reasons I won't go into depth on here I had to drop out... 

College is a bunch of LEGALLY grown Kids with no supervision.... keep this in mind... 

 

Trust me, I'm very well aware of that and I have already mentally prepared myself for the many situations that may arise. I've also found ways to have fun without doing anything illegal or suspicious, and I plan on carrying that on into college.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Congratulations to all schools participating in the Corky...and...Thank Buddha and all other deities that Colquitt is not.

 

 

Rufus>>

This is hopefully our last year. The community just wanted the players cheerleaders and band to enjoy the Benz since the championships aren't there anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, the Corky Kell is a well run event. The match ups got stale over time with basically the same teams competing in it year after year, and some of us Colquitt fans had gotten tired of the trips to Atlanta over and over multiple times each season. 

The event is televised and easily accessible for the national audience so the exposure for the kids is almost invaluable, especially if your team isn't likely to be televised through other avenues during the season.

For instance Lowndes never allowed their games to be streamed, so, unless they made it to the playoffs, or GPB decided to make a trip down, those kids lacked the same type of television exposure.

So, for that reason, I'll miss Colquitt participating. The rules requiring a specific amount of ticket sales are what ultimately hurt the series imo. I'm not sure if they've loosened those rules or not, but, for them to manage to keep fresh match ups, some changes will need to be made. Allowing an OOS team is a start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

To be honest, the Corky Kell is a well run event. The match ups got stale over time with basically the same teams competing in it year after year, and some of us Colquitt fans had gotten tired of the trips to Atlanta over and over multiple times each season. 

The event is televised and easily accessible for the national audience so the exposure for the kids is almost invaluable, especially if your team isn't likely to be televised through other avenues during the season.

For instance Lowndes never allowed their games to be streamed, so, unless they made it to the playoffs, or GPB decided to make a trip down, those kids lacked the same type of television exposure.

So, for that reason, I'll miss Colquitt participating. The rules requiring a specific amount of ticket sales are what ultimately hurt the series imo. I'm not sure if they've loosened those rules or not, but, for them to manage to keep fresh match ups, some changes will need to be made. Allowing an OOS team is a start. 

My complaint (which I made numerous times) was that Colquitt could have used that money bringing in an A+ opponent from OOS for our opening game of each season.  We would have had a packed house in Mack Tharpe.  I suggested calling it the Babe White Memorial Classic.  But...Rush wanted to go to Atlanta.  It was a close vote...but I lost.

I STILL think it's feasible....and I think Justin should truly consider it.  I really didn't wanna hafta turn this over to the BNB outa North Morven....(Smile).  However; I am not above doing it.

 

 

Rufus>>

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

My complaint (which I made numerous times) was that Colquitt could have used that money bringing in an A+ opponent from OOS for our opening game of each season.  We would have had a packed house in Mack Tharpe.  I suggested calling it the Babe White Memorial Classic.  But...Rush wanted to go to Atlanta.  It was a close vote...but I lost.

I STILL think it's feasible....and I think Justin should truly consider it.  I really didn't wanna hafta turn this over to the BNB outa North Morven....(Smile).  However; I am not above doing it.

 

 

Rufus>>

 

Your new head man, is done with OOS!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

To be honest, the Corky Kell is a well run event. The match ups got stale over time with basically the same teams competing in it year after year, and some of us Colquitt fans had gotten tired of the trips to Atlanta over and over multiple times each season. 

The event is televised and easily accessible for the national audience so the exposure for the kids is almost invaluable, especially if your team isn't likely to be televised through other avenues during the season.

For instance Lowndes never allowed their games to be streamed, so, unless they made it to the playoffs, or GPB decided to make a trip down, those kids lacked the same type of television exposure.

So, for that reason, I'll miss Colquitt participating. The rules requiring a specific amount of ticket sales are what ultimately hurt the series imo. I'm not sure if they've loosened those rules or not, but, for them to manage to keep fresh match ups, some changes will need to be made. Allowing an OOS team is a start. 

It has only worsened, from 2500 to 3000!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...