Lemeke Brockington...Colquitt County

Rufus69

....I'm hearing that Mr. Brockington is feeling pretty well today following last night's draft.  Rashod Bateman...who played at Tift County...and for the University of Minnesota...was drafted in the 1st round.  Conversations between Bateman and Brockington led to Lemeke signing with the Gophers to play football this fall.

It's kinda unusual for a team like Minnesota to come into South Georgia and recruit...but they hit the jackpot with Bateman...and I believe time will show they did as well with Brockington.  

Rufus>>

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

....I'm hearing that Mr. Brockington is feeling pretty well today following last night's draft.  Rashod Bateman...who played at Tift County...and for the University of Minnesota...was drafted in the 1st round.  Conversations between Bateman and Brockington led to Lemeke signing with the Gophers to play football this fall.

It's kinda unusual for a team like Minnesota to come into South Georgia and recruit...but they hit the jackpot with Bateman...and I believe time will show they did as well with Brockington.  

Rufus>>

Minnesota and Indiana have been recruiting Georgia hard.... 

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Minnesota couldn't have found a better young man than they found with Lemeke. They owe Mr. Bateman a huge debt of gratitude for being instrumental in getting him to take a serious look at them. 

The coaches at Minnesota obviously know what they're doing regarding WRs.   With Tyler Johnson and now Bateman going into the NFL...Lemeke has to be happy about his chances for success.  Especially after his early enrollment in January.

And like you said...the Gophers couldn't have gotten a better kid.  Add to that...he's extremely coachable.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1. Tajh is probably gonna go to Miami.

2. Going forward, I think we're gonna see a lot of the top receivers in South Georgia go to Minnesota if offered. With the success of Rashod and hopefully Lemeke, they're gonna want to follow in their footsteps unless they wanna try a different route.

3. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing Minnesota offer Tajh and he ends up committing there. 

43 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Not that it matters...but I have no idea what Kentucky is doing in that grouping.....

Rufus>>

I think with kentucky he is looking at the potential to start right away. Magwood from lee is there and is already making big plays this spring. Tisdale is there also.

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I mean... I like Tajh and all. He was a good kid when at Colquitt. Pretty sure he belongs in a Rush/Valdosta/ineligible senior thread though. 

Have you heard what his plans are for his Senior year if the Trustee Board upholds his suspension?  I think the meeting might be this coming Monday?

Rufus>>