The best fan bases in hsfb

FootballGuy

Guest LOSer
4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The Georgia Bridgemen are an important part of Lowndes Viking culture and fan support they wont travel without their band.  

A band has nothing to do with the topic.

It's not my concern. nolebull is the one who told me to stay on topic. Take it up with him.

Guest LOSer
4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You probably wont find a marching band more spirited about Football than the Georgia Bridgemen. 

Again, you're not addressing the issue.

On 7/17/2017 at 7:02 PM, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

All BNU teams have great fan support but I'd say the All boy schools got the craziest fan section 

SJR fan section is the worse! Nothing like back in the day! Between the lady on the mic, the playing of sweet Caroline, and the student section that never cheers aside from the few frosh kids on the frosh team., I'm ashamed of it. The atmosphere is like a picnic.  BC, and SPP by far have the best fans/student sections. Boscos was great when they were the only Dominant team in the north east. BC's is my favorite although I hate the school. BC is my favorite because they were just as loud and supportive when they won like two games as they were when they had state championship teams.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LOSer said:

Only if you can explain how the Lowndes band or County school buses are relevant to the topic of top fan bases.

43 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Again, you're not addressing the issue.

I think I addressed it perfectly.  You asked what Lowndes band had to do with the fanbase. And I explained Rather you accept that or not is left up to you. 

But just because you dint approve doesnt mean I'm wrong. 

And just because you're about to belittle me doesn't mean you're right. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LOSer said:

Only if you can explain how the Lowndes band or County school buses are relevant to the topic of top fan bases.

I won't say everyone because you will nitpick that so let's just say many understand the community support required to a) support a band that big b) not complain at having to close the schools early in order to have enough resources to move said band and team and c) be willing to support the costs of a band that big.  That qualifies as a top fan base to many reasonable people.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 4:02 PM, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

All BNU teams have great fan support but I'd say the All boy schools got the craziest fan section 

I will never get how parents will send their son to an all boys school. Lol.  I would have ran away from home if my parents tried that on me.  

1 hour ago, Shady12 said:

That was a fun day and the game was on Black Friday afternoon. Certainly for crowd size home and away, there aren't many that will beat San Angelo Central. That day there were 24,000 packed into a 17,500 seat stadium. They could have sold over 30,000 tickets if there'd been room. Tickets in San Angelo sold out that Monday morning in five minutes (five minutes after online tickets went on sale) and there were people lined up the night before at the ticket office. The day of the game there were people camped out by like 2 am I think just to get in (most of the seats are general admission so people wanted to get in first for decent seats). I (have reserved seats thankfully due to season tickets) got there two hours before kickoff and had to park at the Angelo State stadium a few blocks away. The line several hours before the gates opened wound through several rows of the parking lot and down a street along the baseball field, then around the corner down another street. Some of the craziest stuff I've ever seen.

A local cartoonist has made cartoons for the paper for big games for decades. Someone from the Allen side did one as well but I don't have it-

N7lWxDg.jpg

People went nuts decorating the town, putting messages on biz marquees, made thousands of noise makers and signs to use at the game, etc.

6:30 am outside the stadium-

AUusUIY.jpg

A tiny fraction of the line to get in-

A shot of the line going out of the parking lot along the baseball and softball stadiums as I described, but after the gates opened so was a lot shorter by this point (plus this is only one of the four gates)-

Shot of a line to another gate-

IEAmwqz.jpg

Standing room only before the game- 

nf8XqoC.jpg

We lost 34-21 (our QB was knocked out of the game late in the first half) but this was a heck of a moment that went viral, putting us up 14-7-

I50hkHk.jpg

Lots of good talk about and visuals from the game- 

So yeah, a cool experience. The bad part was losing our QB who was on pace for over 300 yards passing, 100 rushing, and 6 TDs. And the cold rain that started at the end of the first half and didn't end until well after the game ended.

I remember that catch.  I watched over and over.  Just simply sick!!  On fleek!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In NJ, it's mostly for the committed, serious athletes. Most publics can't compete and don't have as easy access and exposure to colleges of every Division level. If you want to play competitive sports in college, it's a no-brainer. If you don't want to work as hard, don't care about quality coaching and want to party more, the publics are the way to go. 

I wouldnt say that about every NJ public. 

In Florida:

Da West- Huge fan base

Lakeland- Huge fan base

Charlotte- Rabid fan base

Manatee- Rabid fan base

Apopka- Very good fan base

Carol City- Very good fan base

Deland- Very good fan base

Fort Myers- Very good fan base

Hardee- Very good fan base

Plant- Very good fan base

Guest LOSer
12 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

To imagine, you have to think so I see where that may be a chore for you. 

9_9

I'd surprised if even one person thinks you're clever.

On 7/17/2017 at 6:58 PM, FootballGuy said:

Which hsfb teams have the best fan bases that y'all have seen or been apart of? 

Colquitt has a great fan base and they will fill those stands....wherever it may be.

I know this team lost the game, but ever since I saw how deep Kahuku was at the Gorman game, I've been a fan of their fan base ever since. It's damn near intimidating to see how many fans they have and how passionate they are.  

Gorman fills the stands to over flowing also. I was surrounded by Gorman fans last year.

10 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Stop being an internet troll for 5 minutes and let people convey ideas and stories about their experience in regards to the topic? 

Can you go back to doing what you do best kicking puppies and telling kids there's no Santa Claus ?

Can you go back to doing what you do best kicking puppies and telling kids there's no Santa Claus...

Classic... rofl

Fan bases I've experienced following Cocoa to OOS games. 

In no order because those listed have excellent fan bases with a special mention to a few clubs that not only have a great fan base but also hospitality for the visiting OOS team fans.

Colerain, over flowing and a thick standing room only. The Chili showdown. Colerain fans are very loud.

Texas, every game I've been too in Texas had the stands filled to max no matter who was playing who, high school or college,  including the UT longhorns during a losing season.

Trinity Kentucky, stands filled to max including the visiting stands. Fans were not the nicest I've seen. Some to the point of rudeness, adults and high schoolers alike.

Maryland, Under Armor battle. U of Maryland stadium was nearly full for high school football. over 70 thousand. 

Bishop Gorman, over flowing, loved the field and the view from the visitors stands. Fans are rabid and not real nice to visitors.

St. Thomas Aquinas vs AHP, Sun life stadium. Not Packed, but a very large crowd, and fans spirited in a high energy way for both sides.

Don Bosco vs SPP. Crazy crowd, Crazy game, freezing cold but some of them kids were shirtless with the school letters painted on their chests. It was an experience I'll never forget. Peppers vs Bosco was the headline...

The 2 that were over the top in spirit and graciousness. 

West Monore, nothing like it. Packed and pre-game tail gating. Visitors were welcome to join in on the eats with fans. Cocoa lost in a good contest, and the WM players and fans showed great sportsmanship in their win. It was a great game.

Bergen Catholic, got to meet HSFBfan, one of the members of this site, great guy, high energy. Full stands. Parents of the players were polite and welcoming. Great game and great environment. Nice area for a football game.

• Like 3

Guest LOSer
1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Texas, every game I've been too in Texas had the stands filled to max no matter who was playing who, high school or college,  including the UT longhorns during a losing season.

Well if you went to the Cocoa game there then it certainly wasn't full since it was played in Cowboys Stadium.

3 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

The 2 that were over the top in spirit and graciousness. 

West Monore, nothing like it. Packed and pre-game tail gating. Visitors were welcome to join in on the eats with fans. Cocoa lost in a good contest, and the WM players and fans showed great sportsmanship in their win. It was a great game.

Bergen Catholic, got to meet HSFBfan, one of the members of this site, great guy, high energy. Full stands. Parents of the players were polite and welcoming. Great game and great environment. Nice area for a football game.

Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear the Cocoa fans (and quite a few made the trip) felt welcomed... and you are correct, great game on both sides!

cocoavswm3.jpg

Guest LOSer
13 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Dont know what I expected or why I bothered try to explain anything to anyone who thinks he knows everything.

Saying that fans love bands so therefore talking about a band qualifies as talking about fans is just stupid.

Fans love funnel cakes too. Do they qualify as fans as well?

Guest LOSer
1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

An OOS game does not have to be out of state. The way the acronym is used dictates that it refers to "teams from different states playing one another"

You must have missed this:

4 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Fan bases I've experienced following Cocoa to OOS games.

Guest LOSer
51 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear the Cocoa fans (and quite a few made the trip) felt welcomed... and you are correct, great game on both sides!

These pages are basically unreadable because of your unnecessary pictures.