Well,well, Florida got it right...

Mag44

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Whiteness is obviously bad since it does not promote equality of outcomes.

One of the early criticism of CRT (broadly construed) is that it would lead to anti-Asian sentiment, since Asians do better on average than other ethnic groups, which ipso facto implies that American culture and its institutions are unjust and privilege Asians.

@SeaShells21 #stopAsianhate.

What is whiteness? 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The funny thing about all of these psychopathic lunatics who paint white people as evil and make everything racists are only talking to their side of the aisle. 

left wing media, celebrities, academia etc are only talking to their bubble of people. Because if you think any conservative, Republican, normal person believes this bag of horseshit then you are only admitting how naïve of a person you really are. 

I guess the same would be true of the right-wingers. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I guess the same would be true of the right-wingers. 

That’s true. I think that’s why there is always so much division. No one can agree on much. We keep electing people that are far left or far right and they are so tilted they can never meet in the middle. So it is 2/4/6 year fight and nothing gets done except the people in charge keep getting paid. Lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, badrouter said:

Note that this is unedited. I didn’t make claims specific to CRT. “It”, obviously, referred to the culture war going on over things being mandated and taught as fact, both in public classrooms and in workplaces. “It” has some degree of connection to CRT only in the sense that CRT was a starting point, or form of inspiration for the ideas now commonplace.

Your attempt to now claim that you weren't talking about CRT is pathetic as usual.

Unfortunately for you the "it" in this post you responded to directly was, indeed, CRT.

👇

On 6/10/2021 at 4:03 PM, Atticus Finch said:

You don't know what it is or have even read anything about it other than from right-wing loon sites.

I know that you need the "it" to be all encompassing because I said so earlier. You and others will lie and/or conflate two different things in order to make this come right for you.

I've been right all along and you've been flailing trying to cover your ass.

25 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

The culture invented by white people living in what we now call Western Europe, a culture that privileges white people (and Asians, though that's somewhat tendentious). 

Consult your handout. 

Europeans have turned America into the futuristic super power we all know and love, but that shouldn’t be ridiculed, it should be applauded. If your butt naked ass didn’t hunt your lunch down today, thank a European. 

it is so ironic that people will drive a car (invented by a German) to go into their house (first built in America by an Englishman) and go plug their phone (invented by a Dutchman) into their electrical outlet (invented by an Englishman) to complain about how evil white people are. Lol. 

Almost everything you use and operate today was created by a person with European descent. Not all, but your life is pretty fucking cushy thanks to Europeans. 

And there is no “culture” for white people. Nothing holds non-Europeans back and haven’t for half a century.

All that you’ve done is boil down everything I’ve said down to “but that’s not CRT”.

Which, crazy enough, was pretty much the entirety of my argument from the beginning.

You stupidly barged in here with unearned arrogance and claimed that you were some kind of expert and then proceeded to embarrass yourself by admitting that everything I said was true.

All that you’ve done is boil down everything I’ve said down to “but that’s not CRT”. Everything I mention is real, and it is perfectly reasonable to be very concerned about it all.

But as I've said a dozen times now you lied about it being CRT.

Why are you still stuck on this? You literally just keep repeating yourself about how I was right and that you are, indeed, lying about it to push your agenda.

24 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

That’s true. I think that’s why there is always so much division. No one can agree on much. We keep electing people that are far left or far right and they are so tilted they can never meet in the middle. So it is 2/4/6 year fight and nothing gets done except the people in charge keep getting paid. Lol 

That's just politics.

What's more troubling is the growing influence of so-called philosophers who deny the existence of objective truth and objective reality and who think that truth and reality (such as they are) are social constructs made by people in power to keep those people in power. 

And you have to be aware many feel its run it’s course.

Understood.

But the point still stands that racial discrimination to combat structural racism does exist. You seemed to be outraged that it was being "forced" by whatever non-CRT nonsense you were arguing about before.

All of my points seemingly stand unopposed.

It is perfectly legal to teach about Christianity in schools. It is utterly illegal to present Christianity as irrefutable fact. The better bills do not ban CRT ideas from being discussed. They ban them being presented as the gospel.

Studying the effect that Christianity has had society is no different than teaching the same about racism or slavery or anything else.

Please name me these "better" bills that are out there.

They are banning it from being taught in ins some cases banning anything that resembles "divisive concepts."

This movement to ban is is madness. Plain and simple.

What is critical race theory, and why do Republicans want to ban it in schools?

Arkansas, Idaho, Tennessee, Texas and Oklahoma have passed bans, with some restricting the teaching of critical race theory in public colleges, in addition to lower-level classrooms. A teacher at Oklahoma City Community College said this week that the race theory class she has taught for six years was canceled because of her state’s new law. A spokesman for the college confirmed that the class has been paused while administrators evaluate the legislation’s ramifications.

Republican lawmakers, governors, prosecutors and political candidates are also pressing the issue in a range of other states, from Utah to New Hampshire. While some bills name critical race theory, others reference “divisive concepts” or race-related guilt.

He doesn’t engage-at all- with ANYONE who disagrees with him. Including when the proposed debate is backed by Ted talks, or his own university, and when proceeds will go to the Unite Negro College Fund. Probably because the people asking to debate him obliterate his ideas with precision.

Oh, yeah I'm sure.

As you've so ably demonstrated.

😄

Jesus Christ.

The arguments against CRT are so stupid I'm surprised that anybody could type what you just did with a straight face.

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

These ideas, whatever you want to call them, are bad ideas. 

Badrouter charges into a thread about CRT and claims to be the foremost expert.

Within 3 posts I expose him as a fraud.

He then continues his tirade with "Oh, well, whatever you call it!"

And somehow he hasn't been overcome with shame and embarrassment.

55 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The funny thing about all of these psychopathic lunatics who paint white people as evil and make everything racists are only talking to their side of the aisle. 

left wing media, celebrities, academia etc are only talking to their bubble of people. Because if you think any conservative, Republican, normal person believes this bag of horseshit then you are only admitting how naïve of a person you really are.

Well, yeah.

You're not a serious person who is open to discussing something that makes you uncomfortable.

This is not a black mark for liberals. It's one for you.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

One of the early criticism of CRT (broadly construed) is that it would lead to anti-Asian sentiment, since Asians do better on average than other ethnic groups (including whites), which ipso facto implies that American culture and its institutions are unjust, and given other assumptions of CRT, that Asians are privileged.

The confusing part, for critical theorists, is why whiteness, a culture made by white people for white people, would privilege Asians over whites.

This makes no sense.

Why would understanding the roots of systemic racism lead to anti-Asian sentiment?

By the way here they are admitting that they intentionally conflate CRT with practically everything they dislike in order to give it a negative connotation.

They are purposefully lying in order to push their political agenda.

In a public presentation this month, a member of Utah’s state school board offered a long list of words that she said were euphemisms for critical race theory, including “social justice,” “culturally responsive” and “critical self-reflection.”

Christopher Rufo, a prominent opponent of critical race theory, in March acknowledged intentionally using the term to describe a range of race-related topics and conjure a negative association.

“We have successfully frozen their brand — ‘critical race theory’ — into the public conversation and are steadily driving up negative perceptions,” wrote Rufo, a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute, a conservative think tank. “We will eventually turn it toxic, as we put all of the various cultural insanities under that brand category. The goal is to have the public read something crazy in the newspaper and immediately think ‘critical race theory.’”

17 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Studying the effect that Christianity has had society is no different than teaching the same about racism or slavery or anything else.

Please name me these "better" bills that are out there.

They are banning it from being taught in ins some cases banning anything that resembles "divisive concepts."

This movement to ban is is madness. Plain and simple.

What is critical race theory, and why do Republicans want to ban it in schools?

Arkansas, Idaho, Tennessee, Texas and Oklahoma have passed bans, with some restricting the teaching of critical race theory in public colleges, in addition to lower-level classrooms. A teacher at Oklahoma City Community College said this week that the race theory class she has taught for six years was canceled because of her state’s new law. A spokesman for the college confirmed that the class has been paused while administrators evaluate the legislation’s ramifications.

Republican lawmakers, governors, prosecutors and political candidates are also pressing the issue in a range of other states, from Utah to New Hampshire. While some bills name critical race theory, others reference “divisive concepts” or race-related guilt.

I provided links and a screenshot for the North Carolina bill and Montana AG opinion. I fail to see where you’ve addressed either. 

16 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Oh, yeah I'm sure.

As you've so able demonstrated.

😄

Jesus Christ.

The arguments against CRT are so stupid I'm surprised that anybody could type what you just did with a straight face.

The underlined words are a link to an undressing of Kendi’s takes.

16 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Badrouter charges into a thread about CRT and claims to be the foremost expert.

Within 3 posts I expose him as a fraud.

He then continues his tirade with "Oh, well, whatever you call it!"

And somehow he hasn't been overcome with shame and embarrassment.

That was never my claim. My claim was never tied specifically to “CRT”, and I’ve explained why that wasn’t the case several times here. I’ve been referring to the ongoing cultural war, of which references to CRT are commonplace.

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I provided links and a screenshot for the North Carolina bill and Montana AG opinion. I fail to see where you’ve addressed either. 

So you provided two rather weak examples of " better bills" in the face of the overwhelming majority of them outright banning thought.

The North Carolina bill also absolutely bans an idea from being discussed.