Well,well, Florida got it right...

Mag44

36 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

No we haven't.

The "evil" CRT people at least have the courage of their convictions even if some of the offshoots are silly.

You and these Republican legislatures are admitted liars.

I’ve not lied about anything. Ascribing one guy’s words to me simply because we both oppose something is not a legitimate move of argumentation.

35 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Because people like you and the guy in the Washington Post article lie about it.

This doesn't happen by accident.

It's a concerted effort by conservative groups to make it happen.

They did the same thing with Common Core.

They are simply liars.

I’m not a conservative, have never been a registered Republican and happen to support Common Core. I find claims that, because I’m speaking out against the race-essentialism inspired by CRT, that I really am a conservative etc laughable.

42 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Notice that badrouter has nothing to say about the documented admittance of purposeful lying about CRT in order to push an agenda.

Talking about systemic racism in school is apparently immoral but purposefully lying about it to advance a political view is totally fine. 

I’ve not opposed discussion of racism, slavery, Jim Crow etc. I oppose racial scapegoating, painting an entire race of people with one broad brush, segregation based on race, dishonest conversations etc. I oppose a singular, largely fictitious narrative being shoved down everyone’s throats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

That's just politics.

What's more troubling is the growing influence of so-called philosophers who deny the existence of objective truth and objective reality and who think that truth and reality (such as they are) are social constructs made by people in power to keep those people in power. 

So in objective truth and objective reality,

it is presumed that power does not seek to retain power ????? 🤔

Didn't see that one in the handout

🤷‍♂️

...or is it that social constructs serve no useful purpose for that ? 

kind of tipping the apple cart here aren't you...🙃

41 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

"They're limitless man!"

That's why you've posted several pages over several days and have provided not one example.

It is extremely easy- and has already been done here- to give examples of the claim that all statistical outcomes not resulting in proportionate, “equitable” outcomes are necessarily a product of racist discrimination. And it is this kind of idea I take issue with. And literally all you’ve done is maintain that that idea isn’t actually CRT, followed by some typical personal insults. I am opposed to those kinds of ideas being presented as irrefutable fact to anyone, and find them inappropriate for classrooms with children under about 14 in any context. I don’t give a flying fuck how this set of ideas is described, packaged, titled etc. 

52 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I oppose racial scapegoating, painting an entire race of people with one broad brush, segregation based on race, dishonest conversations etc. I oppose a singular, largely fictitious narrative being shoved down everyone’s throats.

And you like long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days....

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

This makes no sense.

Why would understanding the roots of systemic racism lead to anti-Asian sentiment?

For the same reason it would lead to anti-white sentiment.

There's a human tendency to dislike those whom you perceive to benefit from an unjust system, especially when you also believe that they're perpetuating the system merely by expressing doubts about your analysis of it or the value of your proposed alternative to it.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, badrouter said:

It all comes down to the principal claim being made by Kendi and others on the race-obsessed left. To quote Kendi: “One either believes problems are rooted in groups of people, as a racist, or locates the roots of problems in power and policies, as an anti-racist. One either allows racial inequities to persevere, as a racist, or confronts racial inequities, as an anti-racist. There is no in-between safe space of 'not racist.” 

The gist of the message is that ANY outcome based on race that is not perfectly proportionate to the population is necessarily a result of racist discrimination. There can be no other explanation. So, when Asians earn more on average, have longer life expectancies, and are in jail at lower rates, it MUST be because policies or the system are racist in their favor. Thus, we see decades of resentment from some in the black community. 

That's roughly how I'd read it also.

If some groups like Asians do better than other groups, you can either attribute it to properties intrinsic to those groups, which is racist, or else attribute it to properties extrinsic to those groups--a "system" made by those in power to keep themselves in power--which is anti-racist.

It's an implausible disjunction.

If @Atticus Finch offered an alternative interpretation, I missed it. 

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

That's roughly how I'd read it also.

If some groups like Asians do better than other groups, you can either attribute it to properties intrinsic to those groups, which is racist, or else attribute it properties extrinsic to those groups--a "system" made by those in power to keep themselves in power--which is anti-racist.

It's an implausible disjunct. 

If @Atticus Finch offered an alternative interpretation, I missed it. 

The unmentioned alternative, of course, is IDEAS that catch on (or not) within population groups. Some groups are more likely to believe in the ideas of working hard and having self discipline. Other groups are more likely to reject those ideas and instead believe ideas like the system is rigged against them and that forever airing grievances is the best approach to life. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to guess which groups will achieve more. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

No.

4 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

No.

Then your critique of "conspiracy philosophisers"

was apparently misplaced...

...and those no's

would actually prove their worth.

LOL

just sayin'

😏

BTW: Power is also colorblind.... I was taking your statement in a much broader context, which on reread, it did not seem intended... ergo my point wasn't really meant for this thread, but hoping you still see it anyway. 🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

For the same reason it would lead to anti-white sentiment.

There's a human tendency to dislike those whom you perceive to benefit from an unjust system, especially when you also believe that they're perpetuating the system merely by expressing doubts about your analysis of it or the value of your proposed alternative to it.

There's no unjust system in this country that benefits Asians.

Because some part of one minority group has succeeded greatly in a field or several fields doesn't mean that the system favors them.

African-Americans have a unique history in this country that isn't shared by any other minority group. Asians, while experiencing terrible racism when they got here, didn't experience anything close to what African slaves and their ancestors did.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, badrouter said:

I’ve not lied about anything. 

You claimed to be the foremost authority on CRT (lie) and then claimed that people were being forced to believe it (lie).

Here you are admitting that this wasn't true.

So, does that equate to being “forced” to believe anything? Perhaps not.

I’m not a conservative, have never been a registered Republican and happen to support Common Core. I find claims that, because I’m speaking out against the race-essentialism inspired by CRT, that I really am a conservative etc laughable.

I never called you conservative.

But you certainly are lying about it and using the same agenda to conflate other unrelated things with it.

11 hours ago, badrouter said:

Some groups are more likely to believe in the ideas of working hard and having self discipline. Other groups are more likely to reject those ideas and instead believe ideas like the system is rigged against them and that forever airing grievances is the best approach to life. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to guess which groups will achieve more. 

This is utterly preposterous.

Cultures are developed within communities over hundreds and hundreds of years. Circumstances drive cultures in one direction or another.

You just deal in lazy tropes.

11 hours ago, badrouter said:

This is the exact article that I linked on an earlier page which proves that you don't actually read anything and just come here with your machine gun pre-loaded with bullshit to spout.

👇

On 6/12/2021 at 5:42 PM, Atticus Finch said:

It's hard to convey just how much you over-promised and under-delivered on your CRT mastery.

This is what I would suspect a Kindergarten student would say about it.

Here's your favorite Dr. describing what it is.

Critical Race Theory Is a Convenient Target for Conservatives

Critical race theory emerged among lawyers and legal scholars who recognized that despite being in this post–civil rights America racial inequity and disparity still existed and persisted. For them and for critical race theorists, the aim was to examine those structures, those laws, those policies, so that we can uncover the structures of racism.

And here is the greatest misconception (which I agree with and you've dutifully reproduced).

I would probably say the misconception that critical race theory is a theory that seeks to attack white people, as opposed to it is a theory and an intellectual tradition that seeks to attack structural racism. If you’re white and you’re being told by elected officials, or even the media, that critical race theories are out to go after white people, then I could understand how people would be concerned about that, but it’s a very different thing when critical race theorists are focused on challenging structural racism. I think that’s been very troubling.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

There's no unjust system in this country that benefits Asians.

I never said there was.

CACAGNY, a chapter of the Chinese American Citizens Alliance, recently issued a statement that "CRT is racist, oppressive, discriminatory, and divisive" and that CRT is "today's Chinese Exclusion Act" and constitutes "a hate crime against Asians."

http://www.cacagny.org

• Thanks 1