The Bishop has No Weakness?

Sammyswordsman

The 2021 Bishop Gorman program is once again feeling their oats putting together an ambitious schedule that features - for starters- Miami Central in a grudge match, and AZ #1 Hamilton. 

The Gaels defense is anchored by 4* safety Zion Branch,  4* 6'6 200 DE Cyrus Moss, and 4* Corner Fabian Ross

Offensively they are led by speedy RB 4* Jaydn Ott, Mamouth OT 6'6 290  4*Jake Tayor.   The Gaels are betting heavy on Super Soph - Shifty QB Micah Alejado to develop into one of the premier throwers on the West Coast.

A few key transfers are already on campus, and a couple more are in the works, which will be necessary to shore up any weakness to survive their ambitious OOS slate.

A win over Florida power - Central combined with continued dominance of SJB and The Stache will solidify the West Coast as the premier region in 2021 HS football.

More to come later

https://www.reviewjournal.com/nevada-preps/teams/football-bishop-gorman/

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Keep us posted.....I think MC got them beat with the transfers.

Keep on counting for us. Thanks.

It will be a good one this is the most talented team since the 2016 that beat STA this team is loaded but has to play out on the field MC speed is different 

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The 2021 Bishop Gorman program is once again feeling their oats putting together an ambitious schedule that features - for starters- Miami Central in a grudge match, and AZ #1 Hamilton. 

The Gaels defense is anchored by 4* safety Zion Branch,  4* 6'6 200 DE Cyrus Moss, and 4* Corner Fabian Ross

Offensively they are led by speedy RB 4* Jaydn Ott, Mamouth OT 6'6 290  4*Jake Tayor.   The Gaels are betting heavy on Super Soph - Shifty QB Micah Alejado to develop into one of the premier throwers on the West Coast.

A few key transfers are already on campus, and a couple more are in the works, which will be necessary to shore up any weakness to survive their ambitious OOS slate.

A win over Florida power - Central combined with continued dominance of SJB and The Stache will solidify the West Coast as the premier region in 2021 HS football.

More to come later

Sammy,

how does Servite fit in?

and who do you have in the US Open this weekend? Going to be a good one I think😀

49 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Sammy,

how does Servite fit in?

and who do you have in the US Open this weekend? Going to be a good one I think😀

Personally I'm pulling for Mickelson.   He's coming off a big win and Torrey Pines is practically his home course.

The US open favors veterans who won't get frustrated being conservative and accepting the pars.

Servite has an excellent team coming back however their schedule struggle may rob them of a signature win.  No they arent beating The Stache or SJB, but could beat anyone else in CA.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Personally I'm pulling for Mickelson.   He's coming off a big win and Torrey Pines is practically his home course.

The US open favors veterans who won't get frustrated being conservative and accepting the pars.

Servite has an excellent team coming back however theri schedule struggle may rob them of a signature win.

Thanks 

I have a US Open thread

phil would be cool😀

8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

More to come later

Oh snap. Sorry. Thought this thread was about Bishop Sycamore. Carry on. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Antt said:

It will be a good one this is the most talented team since the 2016 that beat STA this team is loaded but has to play out on the field MC speed is different 

If you have seen one All-Star game you have seen them all.

Only the faces change.

It's really a shame what these teams have to do just to look like Louisiana teams. It's all good though.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, RedZone said:

If you have seen one All-Star game you have seen them all.

Only the faces change.

It's really a shame what these teams have to do just to look like Louisiana teams. It's all good though.

It is what it is complaining fixes nothing and we was terrible for 3 years and everyone laughed and we took it and now it's time to get back national respect WHATEVER IT TAKES 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I played Torrey Pines a few years back the week after the US open.  That fringe rough is no joke.

Played in the US Am in 2014 at Atlanta Athletic. The rough was 5.5” and the pins were as far away from the center of the greens they could possibly be and slicker than cum on a gold toof. 

Humbling experience.......

• Haha 2

On 6/16/2021 at 7:42 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

More to come later

Ignore Sammy. 

This Gael team is just a bunch of scrawny undersized desert dwellers. 

3DA632C1-B32A-4776-B1C8-7F3BE6901DD1.jpeg

1BAD7DB2-19B4-428A-B4B8-B769A248E0D7.jpeg

On 6/16/2021 at 10:42 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

...AZ #1 Hamilton.

Perhaps they should handle being #1 in their own city first. And not running off kids with "racial incidents" in the weight room:

Cole Martin, Deshaun Buchanan transferring from Hamilton to Basha

• Zach Alvira, Tribune Sports Editor
  • Jun 18, 2021 Updated 5 hrs ago

Cole Martin and Deshaun Buchanan, two of the state’s top recruits in the 2023 class, have withdrawn from Hamilton and transferred to Basha to continue their high school football careers.

The two transfers come more than a week after Chandler Unified School District officials investigated an incident involving a coach within the Hamilton football program using a racial slur. According to Terry Locke, the district spokesperson, inappropriate music was being played in the weight room when a member of the coaching staff entered and said it had to be turned off.

Locke said when the coach was describing the words used in songs that were inappropriate, the coach said the ‘N-word.’

Buchanan said the incident played a role in his departure from the program.

“It definitely played a role in it, that was mostly the reason why,” Buchanan said. “I just didn’t feel right in that environment anymore. Basha is a young program that is building. We are close to a lot of guys over there. They’re like family.”

Both Buchanan and Martin announced their intentions to transfer to Basha Friday morning on Twitter. Martin, like Buchanan, said the weight-room incident at Hamilton played a role in his decision to leave.

“The incident in the weight room was a big reason as to why I decided to make the move from a really good program,” Martin said in a Twitter message. “It took a lot of conversation and consideration to do so as well. Just like all big decisions though, there can never be one reason, a program as a whole, can cause an athlete to want out.”

Martin burst onto the prep football scene as a freshman when he started at cornerback for the Huskies. The 5-foot-9, 175-pounder quickly rose to the top of the 2023 ranks as he showcased his skill at the highest level of high school football.

He helped lead Hamilton to the inaugural Open Division semifinals in his first season, where the Huskies narrowly lost to eventual runner-up Saguaro. This past season, he and the Huskies narrowly lost to rival Chandler in the Open Division state championship game.

Martin accounted for 77 total tackles in his two years with Hamilton and three total interceptions. He also established himself as one of the most dangerous return men in the state, recording 733 total return yards on kickoffs and punts.

His accolades on the field have helped him earn dozens of major Division I college football scholarships, including from USC, Alabama, LSU and Oregon.

He now hopes to bring his explosiveness and big-play ability on the field to Basha, which was already on the verge of a potential birth in the Open Division playoffs for the upcoming season.

“Basha has a great future, from the athletes to coaches, and the whole program itself,” Martin said. “I feel as playing with such a talented team would be a really fun and exciting atmosphere.”

Martin’s younger sister, Kori, a standout freshman on the track for Hamilton who competed and medaled in several events this past spring, said in a Twitter message she will remain with the Huskies and head girls’ track and field coach EJ Martin.

"I really believe with me staying put at Hamilton, I will have a greater chance at excelling in my track career,” Kori said. “I’ve had nothing but great experiences with my team this past track season. In addition to having overcome major milestones with my track coach EJ Martin.

“He’s definitely a father figure on and off the track for me and I am a big part of the culture he wants to bring in for my next few years at Hamilton. He’s really helped bring forth that next threshold in the sense of my mentality and physical abilities.”

Buchanan saw his first varsity action this past fall as a sophomore. He recorded 21 total tackles at defensive back and had 214 rushing yards at running back. He also scored two touchdowns for the Huskies.

Now entering his junior season, he received his first offer from Northern Arizona University on Thursday, June 10. He also recently took an unofficial visit to the University of Arizona.

“I want to help bring leadership,” Buchanan said. “They’re a good team. I think I can go over there and help them win and do everything we need to in order to get to the next level.”

Mike Zdebski, head coach of the Huskies, could not comment on the district investigation into the racial slur. He did, however, wish Martin and Buchanan the best going forward.

“We wish them nothing but the best,” Zdebski said. “People make decisions to move all the time. It’s the society we live in. The good thing is we have depth and guys who can step up. If there is anything I can do to ever help them out, I will do it. I wish them nothing but success and a great future.”

Both Martin and Buchanan will now join a Basha roster that is already outfitted with several highly recruited prospects, many of whom are sophomores or juniors.

Quarterback Demond Williams and defensive backs Miles Lockhart and Bryson Dedmond will be sophomores after starting on varsity as freshmen. Standout linebacker Wyatt Milkovic, who transferred from Hamilton after his freshman year, will be a junior and second-year starter along with Jackson Browning for the Bears’ talented defense.

Junior James Durand, a 6-foot-5 tackle, will anchor a Basha offensive line that has shined at big man competitions throughout the spring and into the summer.

“The team is super excited,” Basha coach Chris McDonald said. “I think those two look forward to joining a strong culture that has been built by the school, the players and this program. I believe they want to help promote the Basha community and the strong foundation we have created.”

Edited by Wooderson
Removed pic to ease reading

On 6/16/2021 at 1:42 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

More to come later

SOOOO, having three recruited teams in an region of 70,000,000, makes them PREMIER?😂🤣😄

12 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL.  Welcome back!  Most of the DLS guys are MIA.  So people take advantage, and  having Something Something Trail on the schedule doesn't exactly exude confidence in the gridders.

I'm way, way disconnected up here in the San Juan Islands, but check in occasionally to see if anything interesting going on.  COVID obviously disrupted the boards as well as the seasons last year.  Spring football sucks.

Just peaked at Maxpreps schedule -- they've got 6 DLS games, including Folsom, Cathedral Catholic, and St Francis.  Short of going OOS or scheduling MD or SJB (or Servite???), that's about as good as you can line up in CA.  They basically lost the senior season of their 3=year QB.  That is by far the position they have the most trouble finding the right guy.  Hope some local parochial kid is adept at the veer.

I'll catch up with you guys in the fall (unless DLS loses to Folsom, then I'll try in 2022)

• Thanks 2