California wants everyone to have electric cars

Bormio

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Don't you have some sheets/uniforms that need bleaching out all that mustard and cum from sucking off fellow Klansmen at the cross burning weinie roast in that Trumpanzee bigoted state of yours?

bgw

The refuge of the terminally stupid … “Racist!!”

• Haha 1

This is not going to be a problem from the logical standpoint.

We have chargers popping up everywhere just as cell phone towers did. We also went through this with diesel stations where all of a sudden they were in abundance.

Electric cars have penetrated the Ca. market to where every time one travels, they are commonplace to see. If charging is performed between midnight to 6AM the impact to the grid, while still a factor, will be minimal.

The bigger issue we face is that the governor wants to get an EV tax pushed through. It will be steep just as our ridiculously high gas tax is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

This is not going to be a problem from the logical standpoint.

We have chargers popping up everywhere just as cell phone towers did. We also went through this with diesel stations where all of a sudden they were in abundance.

Electric cars have penetrated the Ca. market to where every time one travels, they are commonplace to see. If charging is performed between midnight to 6AM the impact to the grid, while still a factor, will be minimal.

The bigger issue we face is that the governor wants to get an EV tax pushed through. It will be steep just as our ridiculously high gas tax is.

The charging stations are not the issue.  It is the strain on the electrical grid.  You do not expand that so readily and you need something to produce the electricity.  Hence the sky high tax

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Not to mention the loss in gas tax revenue as people convert to electric cars.  Eventually you’ll lose gas stations and the property tax associated with them, fewer auto parts stores and the supply chain jobs attached to that, service stations etc.... There’s a lot to consider.

I know three people that have ponied up for Tesla’s.  All have pretty minimal commutes, under 30mi round trip, and use their gas cars for longer trips.  I see a lot of them around Irvine, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, but very few when I go on longer rides up the 5, 15, or 395.   

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, On2whls said:

Not to mention the loss in gas tax revenue as people convert to electric cars.  Eventually you’ll lose gas stations and the property tax associated with them, fewer auto parts stores and the supply chain jobs attached to that, service stations etc.... There’s a lot to consider.

Gas stations will mostly convert to charging stations.

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Global warming is “not’ a thing. 😵💫

Culture is a hard thing to change. 

Every technological disrupter comes with new challenges associated with them.

The serious people acknowledge them and seek to address them.

The unserious people, like Bormio, go to message boards to whine about the disruption because they are ideologically against it and seek to score political points.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The unserious people, like Bormio, go to message boards to whine about the disruption because they are ideologically against it and seek to score political points.

Posting with more than 2 syllable words leads to decoding issues with the village idiots over here.

bgw

30 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Gas stations will mostly convert to charging stations.

That’s a start, parking garages is another. 
On a macro scale, quite a bit of infrastructure redo, definitely need to address the power grids issue to handle load especially Texas (independent from Fed oversight) and California. 

bgw 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

That’s a start, parking garages is another. 

The increase in charging options/choices will be transformational.

Some people will be able to charge at home. Others will be able to charge at the supermarket (some Tesla stations are already there). Some hotel chains already have Tesla chargers in their parking lots.

Of course the existing gas stations will meet the demand for longer distances. The giant trucker/pit-stop stations like Bucees in Texas and Busy Bee in Florida will inevitably get even better with more entertainment/food options.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

'Twas horrible when chimney sweeps began losing their jobs. Family businesses gone by the wayside. Friggin' democrats!

image.png.7639e7d269f4dda6d26d4d2e527e8c63.png

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
On 7/1/2021 at 10:36 AM, maxchoboian said:

'Twas horrible when chimney sweeps began losing their jobs. Family businesses gone by the wayside. Friggin' democrats!

image.png.7639e7d269f4dda6d26d4d2e527e8c63.png

You must be reminiscing ....

ah the good ole day's.

Hey....you remember when electric cars ruled the market? 😲

THAT was really cool huh. 🤓

I mean just picture Henry Ford as he worked at the Edison Electric company 👍

image.thumb.png.100cef3fea55d6a1984d9652429ff3f2.png

PS: But I heard those new electric chimney sweeps are really modern tho 🤣

On 7/1/2021 at 8:21 AM, Atticus Finch said:

Not true Flinch ass 💩🤣

Actually a "technological disruptor" simply solves the old challenges...

...or simply just performs or serves the need better 👌

Kinda like why Henri Ford, while working for Edison, solved most with an ICEngine

Giving INDIVIDUAL transport not only motors, but ENGINES as well.  

IE. portable energy producing capabilities for individual travel,

not simply an energy parasite

that is

and creates

nothing but

a "storage problem"

👍

PS: History  repeats...You DO realize of course the largest manufacturer and distributor of electric vehicles in this new modern electric era... is no longer in the business (think Toyota and maybe ask them why LOLOL)

BTW: New Challenges (aka created problems), should not include running peple over and self crashing when it comes to cars...Doncha tink ?

They must be improving tho....even tho last years looked the same...

for EV's

I’ll admit, I’m not an Electric Car or Hybrid guy, just bought a new 2021 Ram pickup. We did add Solar to the house and dump the access electricity generated back into the grid, every little bit helps. Our utility bill has gone from$400-500 a month to about $50. Just don’t see myself driving an electric car or hybrid.

4FA55036-9EC7-45A7-9110-E5EA336AF62E.jpeg

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Will it offset the cost of gas for that nice new pickup?  How much to fill the tank on that beast?  Have you checked out the electrified F-150?

Offset cost? Probably a push. Cost to fill up? Don’t really care! The electric F150 can tow up to 11,300 lbs properly equipped according to Ford but only has a 230 miles range unladened, I’m sure that drops quite a bit while towing. Don’t want to stop and charge every 1.5 hrs and wait while it charges. Plus what’s the cost on your home utility to charge an electric vehicle every night? No thx, I’ll stick with what I bought to pull the horse trailer, I can afford the gas!