Miami public school that's flying under the radar

Columbiafan

Miami Killian

Pull up their 2022 and 2023 classes on 24/7 sports 

Also probably over 10 transfers and may end up having 15-20 FBS level players by August but nobody is talking about them 

They at this stage are actually more loaded on paper than Miami Northwestern but if you compare the two it is mind boggling how nobody is talking about Killian right now 

Even got a 3* transfer from Oakland TN 

• Thanks 1

Just now, RedZone said:

Has had some good teams.......they go from good, to bad, to back to good again, to downright terrible some years.

They have some talent (not as much as you make out though), but I imagine they always do.

Normally I wouldn't think much of it but they usually aren't getting the quality of transfers they have gotten this year 

Yes they tend to be a bit erratic but they have been taking steps in the right direction recently and this roster is solid 

On the flip side if you look and compare the 2022 and 2023 classes of Miami Killian and Miami Northwestern you will question why MNW is ranked like top 50 nationally and why Miami Killian is barely being mentioned on a state level

Especially when Miami as most know can be erratic with teams rising and falling very quickly

17 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Normally I wouldn't think much of it but they usually aren't getting the quality of transfers they have gotten this year 

Yes they tend to be a bit erratic but they have been taking steps in the right direction recently and this roster is solid 

On the flip side if you look and compare the 2022 and 2023 classes of Miami Killian and Miami Northwestern you will question why MNW is ranked like top 50 nationally and why Miami Killian is barely being mentioned on a state level

Especially when Miami as most know can be erratic with teams rising and falling very quickly

Killian won a 6A State Championship in 2004.....and was Top 5 in Florida that year.

.....so who knows in 2021. Killian has some good teams on the schedule. 

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Killian won a 6A State Championship in 2004.....and was Top 5 in Florida that year.

.....so who knows in 2021. Killian has some good teams on the schedule. 

Well unfortunately for Killian they share a region with Miami Central and AHP who are probably both top 5 in FL so probably no path to a state title but they probably would be capable of beating anyone else in 5A and would have been a serious threat had they been in 6a instead which is a class that the argubly best two teams in the classification is probably Tampa Jesuit or Orlando Jones

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Well unfortunately for Killian they share a region with Miami Central and AHP who are probably both top 5 in FL so probably no path to a state title but they probably would be capable of beating anyone else in 5A and would have been a serious threat had they been in 6a instead which is a class that the argubly best two teams in the classification is probably Tampa Jesuit or Orlando Jones

Is IMG a legit Florida team in your eyes ? 

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

Is IMG a legit Florida team in your eyes ? 

Personally not to me after all I don't rank them in my Florida only polls (or any other independent teams for that matter) 

I get the argument for those who do but I see them as a team who happens to reside in Florida And I also don't feel Florida needs IMG to be a top 3 state 

33 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Plus they have no funds to travel or host elite, OOS competition. 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Miami Killian

Pull up their 2022 and 2023 classes on 24/7 sports 

Also probably over 10 transfers and may end up having 15-20 FBS level players by August but nobody is talking about them 

They at this stage are actually more loaded on paper than Miami Northwestern but if you compare the two it is mind boggling how nobody is talking about Killian right now 

Even got a 3* transfer from Oakland TN 

Miami Northwestern?xD🤣😂 FLAAAWDA football is a fucking joke!

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes, its located in Bradenton and the majority of its roster hail from Florida. 

And even so I would make the case FL is a top 3 state even without IMG 

Just imagine how strong Florida would be if our state government wasn't run by jackasses who don't want any public schools to grow or be successful financially

17 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Cali already behind Georgia. 

https://www.bannersociety.com/2020/2/4/21111828/college-football-recruits-by-state

If you go by population GA is #1. Matching up teams is your lane but like most rankings are not.

You used recruits from 1 cycle to try and prove a point. Not from the current or past cycle either. Just an article that fits your agenda. No surprise. Lets looks at the professionals. (Do not click the link or open the picture because it destroys your claim) 

States with most NFL players 

https://www.ajc.com/sports/high-school-sports-blog/list-states-with-the-most-players-in-the-nfl/2NAXBW7XSZA3JJA33URYT5TSDM/ 

Birthplaces

C8CB6780-6ADE-4FB9-BD4A-96A3A71C83A1.jpeg

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MD 62 BC 14

BC 34 Grayson 22 (27-3 at half) 

Enough said. 

Totally different years, gardenstateliar!

Enough said. 

State Champ bergen catholic was not just humiliated by Mater Dei they were also humiliated by 2-loss Archbishop Wood, PA. in 2017.

1 Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ)   team preview   trend New Jersey North Jersey Super - United Red Non-Public Group 4 10-2 4-0 (1st) 7-0 69.7 51.9 84-54
WINS: #67 DePaul Catholic (Wayne, NJ) (48-27), #103 St. Joseph Regional (Montvale, NJ) (41-30), #140 St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, NJ) (41-14), #140 St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, NJ) (44-7), #402 Pope John XXIII (Sparta, NJ) (20-19), #503 Paramus Catholic (Paramus, NJ) (31-14), #777 Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, NJ) (29-26), #1299 Delbarton (Morristown, NJ) (41-16), #1502 St. Augustine Prep (Richland, NJ) (56-21), #2384 Seton Hall Prep (West Orange, NJ) (28-7), LOSSES: #1 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) (62-14), #144 Archbishop Wood (Warminster, PA) (27-21)

nj football is so freakin sad and overrated. The only thing keeping it relevant are the nj fanboys here.

35 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Cali already behind Georgia. 

https://www.bannersociety.com/2020/2/4/21111828/college-football-recruits-by-state

If you go by population GA is #1. Matching up teams is your lane but like most rankings are not.

If population was everything then how is Florida able to regularly beat CA and TX in terms of NFL players? 

If you compare the gap between FL and GA to FL and TX or CA just how big of a difference are we really talking there?

Screenshot_20210706-232904.thumb.png.55f995aa27401f933fdbe55e2cb6dba7.png

Gap between Florida and Georgia is around 11M

Gap between Florida and Texas is nearly 8M

Gap between Florida and California is 18M

Texas also gives far better resources and support than anywhere in Florida and even with 8M more people still trail Florida in NFL players  

And even when 18M gap Florida leads California in active NFL players

Why does per Capita only come into play for states like GA but not in the debate with Florida vs Texas or California???

54 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

BC 34 Grayson 22 (27-3 at half) 

You emphasize this all the time.  Don't you think a football game is FOUR quarters?  I really don't think it matters *when* points are scored.  BC did not ease up on Grayson.  No excuse, we gave more points away but there were a couple of shake your head calls late in the game.  Again, we lost.  I get it.  I think we did it to ourselves but it really doesn't matter.  The point here is don't hang your hat on the score at any given time other than 00:00 in the forth assuming it isn't tied and goes to overtime.

Just now, Fred said:

You emphasize this all the time.  Don't you think a football game is FOUR quarters?  I really don't think it matters *when* points are scored.  BC did not ease up on Grayson.  No excuse, we gave more points away but there were a couple of shake your head calls late in the game.  Again, we lost.  I get it.  I think we did it to ourselves but it really doesn't matter.  The point here is don't hang your hat on the score at any given time other than 00:00 in the forth assuming it isn't tied and goes to overtime.

I only did that to get your attention ;) 

• Haha 1