Holy Trinity cancels Hewitt Truss and Colquitt

Nolebull813

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

No one is saying the remaining kids can't go on the trip.  There just saying they have to pay their own way. 

Tough sell for a taxpayer supported program. 

It's why GSB states having to deal with the admistration approval is brutal. These school boards are elected by those tax payers. There is more to deal with than a few alumni and trustees. Lots of moving parts to account for. 

Guest LOSer
24 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

They are kids. This is not a once in a lifetime event. 

Playing in the state champions bowl at the Cowboys Training Facility is not once in a lifetime?

Yep.

Delusional.

Guest LOSer
13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Tough sell for a taxpayer supported program. 

It's not a taxpayer supported trip or being put on by a taxpayer organization.

You're running out of excuses.

49 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

The only thing that Colquitt charges is blood, sweat and 100% effort.  If a young man is willing to give those things...he can be part of the TEAM.  The way it has always been.

Rufus>>

I want to add to what Rufus just said.  It is a total community effort in Colquitt County. Our Fanbase is loyal our fan by showing for the games at home and on the road. Our Fanbase  in Colquitt county supports our team financially.  When our new football practice facilities came up for a vote our county our loyal fan base are the ones that are approved by adding extra tax.  And you can find former Packers all over the south that still travel back to Moultrie  on Friday night to support our team. Logistically the families of the players on the team sacrifice a lot to make sure that these kids are  transported to where they need to be early in the morning and late at night to be able to play ball.  And if the families of these kids are not able to support them the community steps in and helps .....the coaches step in and help,  but the kids who are willing to put in the work to play ball for the Packers have support in Colquitt County.  Our kids are asked to pay .......and they pay a lot with  The work they put in year round when most other teams are resting  but they will never be asked to pay in dollars. Go pack! #reclaim

• Like 2

Guest LOSer
50 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

I want to add to what Rufus just said.  It is a total community effort in Colquitt County. Our Fanbase is loyal our fan by showing for the games at home and on the road. Our Fanbase  in Colquitt county supports our team financially.  When our new football practice facilities came up for a vote our county our loyal fan base are the ones that are approved by adding extra tax.  And you can find former Packers all over the south that still travel back to Moultrie  on Friday night to support our team. Logistically the families of the players on the team sacrifice a lot to make sure that these kids are  transported to where they need to be early in the morning and late at night to be able to play ball.  And if the families of these kids are not able to support them the community steps in and helps .....the coaches step in and help,  but the kids who are willing to put in the work to play ball for the Packers have support in Colquitt County.  Our kids are asked to pay .......and they pay a lot with  The work they put in year round when most other teams are resting  but they will never be asked to pay in dollars. Go pack! #reclaim

I can't tell you how many times I've read posts like this where people wax poetic as if their program is the only one that is a "total community effort"  and that has a "loyal fan base" or where coaches "step in and help" with things.

It never gets any more convincing.

Guest LOSer
Just now, Sportsnut said:

Public schools are paid for by the public with taxes.

But that has nothing to do with anything.

You are so dumb that you can't even understand what's being said.

40 minutes ago, LOSer said:

I can't tell you how many times I've read posts like this where people wax poetic as if their program is the only one that is a "total community effort"  and that has a "loyal fan base" or where coaches "step in and help" with things.

Here the rub LOSer.... in our case it's the absolute truth. As is the case with many South GA teams. I don't need to convince you of anything so before you go off on a 40 post tangent decrying  yourself the debate champion of prepgridiron, and expounding your superior knowledge over anyone who's thoughts don't mimic your own I will excuse myself from this thread a go craft you a gold star ⭐️  the point of my post was that there is not and never will be a monetary fee for kids wanting to play for Colquitt County. I never said we were the only ones you insinuated that that was what I said. Not falling for your bait.... have a great one!

•  

IMG_0703.PNG

• Haha 1

Guest LOSer
16 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Here the rub LOSer.... in our case it's the absolute truth.

This may be true but it doesn't make it any less smarmy.

There are always going to be people who think that their program is more a family, more a brotherhood, more loyal, etc.

Guest LOSer
18 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

I don't need to convince you of anything

Good because I never denied that it was true and I don't really care.

It was just a super smarmy post.

Guest LOSer
20 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

I never said we were the only ones you insinuated that that was what I said.

That's how it sounded and that's how it always sounds when people throw out cliches about their program.

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

All I can do is pour some tea for two, and share my point of view...

But it's not sane. It's not sane.

All I can do is read this forum to stay awake, and it rips my life away...

It's a great escape...

Escape, escape, escape...

All I can say is that it was told pretty plain...

You don't like my point of view... You think I'm insane.

It's not sane. It's not sane.

• Like 2

Guest LOSer
4 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

It is only cliché if you don't know it to be fact. Never experiencing it could mean it is just that to you. 

Do you even know what a cliche is?

16 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Melbourne Central Catholic said they had week 6 open due to a cancellation. I forwarded Rush's email to the coach. He said he needed a home game but might be persuaded to go to the Hawg Pen. 

Another friggen church school?

How many studs do they have today? Tomorrow?

Roster count?

Come on man... share the important stuff. xD

Just bullshitting. Good lookin' out... I think...

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Another friggen church school?

How many studs do they have today? Tomorrow?

Roster count?

Come on man... share the important stuff. xD

Just bullshitting. Good lookin' out... I think...

They are a little more stable. Hell they signed up to play Buford so you know they ain't afraid of getting their butts whooped. 

And they got more than 20 kids and a stud. They got 30 kids and TWO studs. So you it will be a photo finish if they can make it to week 6. Lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Coach for Mel CC just said he found out they won't be allowed to go to Colquitt because they are already going to Georgia week 1, and then going to Maryland week 8. Admin won't allow 3 oos games 

Damned wishy-washy Florida church schools! 

Probably would have cancelled two days before kick off any way! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah. He just enjoys the debate. 

His stance at excluding kids for football but being all inclusive socially in his political views is breathtaking. 

It's no debate.  That implies reasoned discussion.  All LOS does is state his position and then launch all the personal attacks.  He can't seem to generate a complete post that addresses the complete thought someone else generates.  Instead he take 4 or 5 words out of context, twists them to his satisfaction and then launches the insults.  That is the true measure of a small mind.  He can't carry on a conversation with insulting.  His ego is so large he is a giant in his own mind.  Too bad no one else thinks so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

And if someone is willing to pay for 70  people which would leave about 30 behind,  why couldn't the hundred total people fund raise the money to help pay for the 30 people? 

Let me type real slow so maybe you will read it this time and comprehend what I am saying. 

Which...part...of...we...only...had...ten...days...to...raise...the...money...during...a...holiday...season...when...a...lot...of...people...weren't...available...are...you...having...a...hard...time...understaning? 

As opposed to this year when we have/had 6 months to get the finances in line.  We are a public school.  Not a private Catholic school with the resources off the Catholic church behind them.  How many times do you want me to say this.

5 hours ago, LOSer said:

It's not a taxpayer supported trip or being put on by a taxpayer organization.

You're running out of excuses.

You show your ignorance with that statement.  If you think for a minute that a trip like that could happen without school system admin approval, you are delusional. STA may be able to do something like that without diocese approval but a county school dang sure can't.  There is so much jealousy between the have and have not programs within the county I hesitate to think about outcry.

• Like 1

Well I read the whole 12 pages and I'm going to have to agree with Los.It would seem that GA supports the everyone gets a trophy on this debate however we all know the real world doesn't work in that fashion.I like that the 25 kids now have to strap it up and work for it instead of being included just because they show up.The real world has to prove it with their work and not because they show up

18 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Well I read the whole 12 pages and I'm going to have to agree with Los.It would seem that GA supports the everyone gets a trophy on this debate however we all know the real world doesn't work in that fashion.I like that the 25 kids now have to strap it up and work for it instead of being included just because they show up.The real world has to prove it with their work and not because they show up

Apparently you missed the part where we explained that those kids do put in the work. There can't be 100 starters, but 100 kids can in fact put in the same work as the starters. 

That's the whole point. If they just show up and don't put in the work, you can bet your ass they won't be around long at all.  

Maybe in Cali and SoFl they have kids that just show up and dress out with no involvement. That's not how it works in Moultrie. Pretty sure that can be said for Grayson too.

Maybe you guys definition of working for it is different than mine. Idk. Has to be the only explanation I guess.  

54 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Apparently you missed the part where we explained that those kids do put in the work. There can't be 100 starters, but 100 kids can in fact put in the same work as the starters. 

That's the whole point. If they just show up and don't put in the work, you can bet your ass they won't be around long at all.  

Maybe in Cali and SoFl they have kids that just show up and dress out with no involvement. That's not how it works in Moultrie. Pretty sure that can be said for Grayson too.

Maybe you guys definition of working for it is different than mine. Idk. Has to be the only explanation I guess.  

Ok, but obviously the work they are doing is not good enough at this point or they would be on the field.In every day life the people who do the best work are the ones who get rewarded not the people who try hard but can't get it done.Not everyone gets a trophy the quality of your work earns it