Holy Trinity cancels Hewitt Truss and Colquitt

Nolebull813

49 minutes ago, Fred said:

We had ten days to come up with it and people trashed us for saying no.  It wasn't all of it, true, but it was a pretty good chuck on short notice.  Yea, I'm being partly silly but I know there is money there and if Rush wanted it bad enough it would happen.  I am serious about knowing at least one of the money people there and know he could rwrite a check for it with the right persuasion even if his kid has moved on.  I think Rufus is right though about it will probably be a team from a surrounding state that won't be so expensive.

Of course we have a few supporters that could write the check. I'm sure Grayson has probably has some, too. It would take A LOT of persuasion considering the other checks they write annually.

Even with GSB money I can't say for certain that I would fork over $90,000 (estimation of what it is costing VM to travel here) to send the team to California. I definitely would not give the check to Cen10 to travel to Moultrie neither.

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Unless the entire team and staff is flying first class and they're all staying at a Ritz Carlton, there's no way VM is shelling out $90k to visit SoGA. Half of that at most. 

That is the figure I've heard thrown around. I thought that seemed steep myself, but did not know their logistics. I heard they were chartering a plane into Valdosta which would increase the cost for sure.

If Colquitt took its normal base to Cali...nothing elaborate...but just their normal compliment of personnel, equipment and entourage...it would cost $100K.....minimum.

There is absolutely no financial incentive for doing something like that.

And I seriously doubt that you could find a sponsor to fund an event like that.

Rufus>>

You guys are too much. If you bring 50 players and 10 coaches you can get good deals on airfare. Max $300 round trip. 

$18,000

hotels can sleep 4 per room and if the coaches don't want to spoon, then they can sleep 2 to a room. All at $50 a room for 2 nights. 

$3,000

The local transportation is usually provided by the host team to pick up the traveling team from the airport and around town. Along with pre and post game meals.

Extra food, souvenirs, social events, etc would be covered by each players parents. 

And the host school usually can give upwards to $10K. 

So divide the remaining $11,000 amongst 60 people and they only gotta raise up $183 a person. 

Whats the issue? 

Guest LOSer
9 hours ago, Fred said:

We weren't going to be allowed to take everyone.  They wanted a subset of the team to go.  Last year was a team effort even if you didn't make it in the game.  Not taking some of the boys especially if they had moved down the org chart due to all the changes just wasn't palatable.

This is an exercise in utter delusion.

College teams don't even take everybody but your program thinks it's perfectly reasonable to take every kid on a road-trip that requires getting on a plane and staying in a hotel?

This is not a serious program nor a serious group of people.

So Grayson has kids in the program busting ass and doing things the right way, and then a bunch of stud rent-a-players from Atlanta Metro come in and take their positions. That's the winning philosophy at Grayson. 

So now a trip of a lifetime comes up and now 50-70 players don't get to experience it because now all of a sudden the Grayson staff feels bad for the kids that they replaced with rent-a-studs

Thats bullshit. Just tell the kids that sometimes life isn't fair and if you want to go you have to pay your own way. Tell them that this is a football trip and the people playing and coaching football are the ones who are payed for. 

15 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

What about the other 40 players?

What about them? You don't need 100 kids for a team. That is just letting kids hang out with their buddies on the sideline. 

If the NFL, being the most physically demanding job out there can trim the roster to 53, then high school can damn sure do it. 

This isn't some social event where everyone is wearing fanny packs and cameras around their neck. This is a business trip with one thing. Winning a football game. If you can squeeze in anything else then it's a bonus. 

ESPN isn't paying an extra $20 grand to keep the bleachers warm. 

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

This is an exercise in utter delusion.

College teams don't even take everybody but your program thinks it's perfectly reasonable to take every kid on a road-trip that requires getting on a plane and staying in a hotel?

This is not a serious program nor a serious group of people.

That's your opinion and we really don't care.  It's an opportunity to reward the kids in program if we chose to do so.  Not your call.  We are just fine with *our* decision. 

29 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So Grayson has kids in the program busting ass and doing things the right way, and then a bunch of stud rent-a-players from Atlanta Metro come in and take their positions. That's the winning philosophy at Grayson. 

So now a trip of a lifetime comes up and now 50-70 players don't get to experience it because now all of a sudden the Grayson staff feels bad for the kids that they replaced with rent-a-studs

Thats bullshit. Just tell the kids that sometimes life isn't fair and if you want to go you have to pay your own way. Tell them that this is a football trip and the people playing and coaching football are the ones who are payed for. 

Your opinion and you are welcome to it.  Abandon those who worked all season and see how many come back next year.  The number of "stud rent-a-players" as you call them was far less than the number that would have been left at home.  Glad to know we try to look after our kids better than you saound like you want to look after yours.

The NoleBull and Los and GSB argument we see here today is one of the primary reasons that HSFB is going toward the IMG model. 

Folks these days have ZERO loyalty for their teammates that they grew up with etc. It speaks volumes to why we see this rationalization to the backstabbing we see in the whitehouse right now and everything.

Teams saying fuck the contract we signed (looking at you Columbia) and church schools... CHURCH schools mind you, that turn out to be dishonest as the day was long. 

You guys can continue to ruin hsfb and team loyalty all you want. I think we'll be the "conservatives" on this issue.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What about them? You don't need 100 kids for a team. That is just letting kids hang out with their buddies on the sideline. 

If the NFL, being the most physically demanding job out there can trim the roster to 53, then high school can damn sure do it. 

This isn't some social event where everyone is wearing fanny packs and cameras around their neck. This is a business trip with one thing. Winning a football game. If you can squeeze in anything else then it's a bonus. 

ESPN isn't paying an extra $20 grand to keep the bleachers warm. 

If you think high school football equals the NFL then that might explain some of the positions you take on this board.  The NFL league rules specify the numbers of players.  I've not come across any such regulation in high school rules.  You are comparing apples and oranges. 

Maybe if ESPN had paid the extra $20 grand they would have gotten the game they wanted.  They coughed up more than they offered us to get Valdosta.  Maybe if they had offered us the same we could have closed the gap as it would have been much smaller.  Guess we will never know.

Guest LOSer
10 minutes ago, Fred said:

That's your opinion and we really don't care.

It's the opinion of somebody who has been on 8 of these trips and knows what they're about.

Bringing 100 players because you're touchy feely is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Grayson is not a serious program and you're not a serious person for defending such an idea.

Just now, LOSer said:

It's the opinion of somebody who has been on 8 of these trips and knows what they're about.

Bringing 100 players because you're touchy feely is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Grayson is not a serious program and you're not a serious person for defending such an idea.

As I said, that is your opinion and you are welcome to it. 

Guest LOSer
13 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

And if they want my team, they have to take it all.

Then you can stand in the line with all of the other unserious people and watch the serious ones play.

Guest LOSer
15 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

This is a public school. Things don't work that way.

Plenty of public schools make big boy decisions and make these trips with 2/3 of their team instead of demanding money for all of them.

Guest LOSer
25 minutes ago, Fred said:

Abandon those who worked all season and see how many come back next year.

So at first it was on principle.

But now it's all about program survival?

Classic.

I'll let you know when one of our kids leaves the program because he wasn't one of the 70 taken on an OOS trip. It would be the first.

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The NoleBull and Los and GSB argument we see here today is one of the primary reasons that HSFB is going toward the IMG model. 

Folks these days have ZERO loyalty for their teammates that they grew up with etc. It speaks volumes to why we see this rationalization to the backstabbing we see in the whitehouse right now and everything.

Teams saying fuck the contract we signed (looking at you Columbia) and church schools... CHURCH schools mind you, that turn out to be dishonest as the day was long. 

You guys can continue to ruin hsfb and team loyalty all you want. I think we'll be the "conservatives" on this issue.

Little bit of trolling I hope. 

Dont be mad at Holy Trinity. They had a 20 man roster of primarily 9th-11th graders and one stud. They wanted to play some marquee games to get the stud some showcase ability. That stud left the program for whatever reason along with a few others. 

It would be irresponsible and risky for a coach to get the depleted JV roster he has hurt because they are playing one those 100 deep teams. 

Again don't get mad at Holy Trinity. Get mad at Colquitt for scheduling such a joke of a game. When you schedule these types of teams you run the risk of unforeseen circumstances. Hopefully this teaches Colquitt a lesson and they can start to take scheduling seriously 

• Thanks 1

Guest LOSer
13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Folks these days have ZERO loyalty for their teammates that they grew up with etc. 

What does having a travel roster have to do with loyalty?

It's just like the playoffs when the state enforces a 60-man dress roster. It's not a matter of loyalty. It's a matter of reality.

You're just a delusional small-towner.

You care more about sentiment than reality.

Guest LOSer
15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What's ruining high school football in your neck of the woods is the exposing of the Grayson's and Norcross' that come with these national games.

But I guess if you adopt a "never travel" rule then you'll never have to endure it.

Guest LOSer
15 minutes ago, Fred said:

The NFL league rules specify the numbers of players.  I've not come across any such regulation in high school rules.  You are comparing apples and oranges. 

It's a more general concept then league rules.

It's called economics.