Biden admits there is no federal solution to the pandemic

Bormio

for once there might actually be. They should roll out a serious monocholonal antibody treatment program. If they want to save as many lives as possible, that seems to be the way. Even though omicron is not nearly as deadly as the other two strains, it seems like this is a way to at least end this variant.

45 minutes ago, 181pl said:

for once there might actually be. They should roll out a serious monocholonal antibody treatment program. If they want to save as many lives as possible, that seems to be the way. Even though omicron is not nearly as deadly as the other two strains, it seems like this is a way to at least end this variant.

This is so stupid.

6 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Antibodies not only treat but give better immunity…

You are literally just making this up.

The monoclonal antibody treatment are only for those who have already tested positive for COVID.

It's also way more expensive than the vaccine and, what's more, is *already* running out.

Texas runs out of monoclonal antibody treatment to fight omicron variant of COVID-19

The anti-vaxx thing is literally a mass delusion.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

We have not reached anywhere close to herd immunity. The vaccines have been proven effective in greatly reducing the risk of hospitalization and death.

could herd immunity be a myth at this point? I mean look at something like the flu? You’ll never get heard immunity on that. Or the common cold. It’s becoming a extremely communicable but non-life-threatening disease. At least for the vast vast majority of people. It’s an inconvenience. I had the original strain a year ago and it was totally miserable. And there were no treatments back then. Didn’t even go to the doctor. They just told me to go home and isolate. At least we now have treatments.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

You are literally just making this up.

The monoclonal antibody treatment are only for those who have already tested positive for COVID.

It's also way more expensive than the vaccine and, what's more, is *already* running out.

Texas runs out of monoclonal antibody treatment to fight omicron variant of COVID-19

The anti-vaxx thing is literally a mass delusion.

Florida is out of antibodies as of yesterday. I know because we all went and got Covid tested. I was negative. My son was exposed to somebody at his office. And we went to the center where they both test you and then immediately gave you antibodies. I didn’t need it nor did my wife.

And I’m not an anti-VAX. I’ve had corona and two shots. So three exposures.

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

No, 35% of the country seemingly refuses to get vaccinated.

This is not not difficult stuff. You're just deluded.

Again, idiot, I’ve had 3 years exposures. Original hard core covid and two moderna shots. All good here. 

Viable treatments are a good thing. Shocking that anyone could dusagree with that.

2 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Again, idiot, I’ve had 3 years exposures. Original hard core covid and two moderna shots. All good here. 

What does this have to do with the 35% of people who refuse to get vaccinated?

You may think what you're doing is harmless but the constant nitpicking and nonsense pushing of antibody treatments increases the likelihood that people will not get vaccinated which is the easiest, safest and least costly way to end the pandemic.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Viable treatments are a good thing. Shocking that anyone could dusagree with that.

Pushing treatments that are post-infection, less effective and more costly than the vaccine is asinine.

It prolongs the pandemic and then those same people turn around and mock Biden for not ending it.

It's shocking that people would avoid a vaccine because of political ID but they're doing it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

What does this have to do with the 35% of people who refuse to get vaccinated?

You may think what you're doing is harmless but the constant nitpicking and nonsense pushing of antibody treatments increases the likelihood that people will not get vaccinated which is the easiest, safest and least costly way to end the pandemic.

Normally I’d agree with you on this but the vaccines are not  stopping the spread to the vaccinated or unvaccinated. breakthrough infections are now the norm, not an exception. Think we’re all on the same side on this. I’m not anti-vaccine I just think we need to be ramping up treatment effort as well so when someone does get sick they will get better much more quickly and will not have expensive hospitalization. A $200 antibody treatment is much better than a month stay in the hospital and a $1 million hospital bill that a lot of people will never end up paying. That comes back to you and I paying for it. Either through taxes or higher insurance premiums.