Max Preps 2021 All America Team

Sammyswordsman

17 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Trinity League with 6 picks.  Which is more than the entire state of Georgia.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/v9Zk6QkznEikNf1bC9cD2A/2021-maxpreps-high-school-football-all-america-team.htm

I doubt we will hear much from these guys in the NFL......some will wash out in college.

Some things just can't be explained or maybe they can.

32 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Texas public school Austin Westlake ties recruited MD for most players 

more impressive for Westlake to land 3 on the team than MD 

"Recruited" MD?  Unlike Westlake, we don't have anyone who transferred in from Florida.  Be happy with your three selections.  That's the closest you'll get to MD.

7 hours ago, MD87 said:

"Recruited" MD?  Unlike Westlake, we don't have anyone who transferred in from Florida.  Be happy with your three selections.  That's the closest you'll get to MD.

it’s amazing how a school like MD can have only ~ 65 black students on the campus and most of those end up being FB players. (Number wise it’s a safe bet that almost every black male at MD is an athlete of some type) … But you all don’t recruit.  😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

it’s amazing how a school like MD can have only ~ 65 black students on the campus and most of those end of up being FB players. (Number wise it’s a safe bet that almost every black male at MD is an athlete of some type) … But you all don’t recruit.  😂

This is stupid and embarrassing.

Bitter people always end up at this point on this topic.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is stupid and embarrassing.

Bitter people always end up at this point on this topic.

mater dei has a student enrollment of 2200 and if his numbers are correct with mater dei only having 65 black students what would a reasonable person believe?. 😄

I bet when mater dei won their "cough cough" 1st MNC they were all white or close to it on the football field.

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

mater dei has a student enrollment of 2200 and if his numbers are correct with mater dei only having 65 black students what would a reasonable person believe?. 😄

I bet when mater dei won their "cough cough" 1st MNC they were all white or close to it on the football field.

Mater Dei list 3% as black enrollment so the 65 holds up but that 65 also includes females. There is no data on that (male and female by race just overall). Close to 50/50 male/female usually a little more on the male side

14 minutes ago, RedZone said:

mater dei has a student enrollment of 2200 and if his numbers are correct with mater dei only having 65 black students what would a reasonable person believe?. 

That 65 families felt that Mater Dei was the best place for their son to go to school.

Mater Dei is extremely diverse. I'd bet that it's in the 95th percentile in terms of student diversity.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

Mater Dei list 3% as black enrollment so the 65 holds up but that 65 also includes females. There is no data on that (male and female by race just overall). Close to 50/50 male/female usually a little more on the male side

Well, if mater dei's NFL player production jumps up like IMG Academy's in the next few years you will have more of an answer. I already know the answer.

Right now and through the years mater dei hasn't been a football factory.  Sad really. 

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

Well, if mater dei's NFL player production jumps up like IMG Academy's in the next few years you will have more of an answer. I already know the answer.

Right now and through the years mater dei hasn't been a football factory.  Sad really. 

Well a factory builds/manufactures things. Schools bringing in top level talent is not really building them so I hate the term football factory. Diploma Mill is a good term.. lol

This is the only football player factory I know of but it takes certain ingredients to make football players

Female Reproductive System | BioNinja

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, RedZone said:

One of the common claims made by people like RedZone is that if something used to be the case then it should therefore *always* be that way. If it changes then something nefarious is afoot.

Nothing can ever change or get better or get worse, etc.

Of course this worldview would be opposed to integration and, well, every single innovation or human achievement that changed a status quo.

If Mater Dei's football team was all-white 28 years ago (his claim) then it should be all-white today. If it isn't then Mater Dei must be morally corrupt.

• Thanks 1

This view is not surprising given that Louisiana is #1 in the country for the percentage of residents who were born in the state.

Landgeist Maps (@landgeist) / Twitter

In other words, RedZone, like the culture he was raised in, despises change. Transient people are suspect and must be assigned nefarious motives to their personal decisions.

Of course this doesn't account for the fact that the most insular states are generally the poorest and least educated.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

so I hate the term football factory.

STA, St Aug (NOLA) and etc are football factories.........they are going to produce players. Just the way it is.

St Aug is an ALL black private school here....

Watch mater dei's NFL production closely the next few years. 

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

STA, St Aug (NOLA) and etc are football factories.........they are going to produce players. Just the way it is.

St Aug is an ALL black private school here....

Watch mater dei's NFL production closely the next few years. 

you are missing the point.. if Mater Dei happens to have more alums play in the NFL it simply means better players have decided to go there. They don't produce them..

If Mater Dei, STA, DeMatha etc.. didn't exist would there be less NFL football players available?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

you are missing the point.. if Mater Dei happens to have more alums play in the NFL it simply means better players have decided to go there. They don't produce them..

I'm not missing anything.

In the day mater dei may have produced 2 or 3 legit D1s on their champ teams. Check out their website which lists college players by year.

Now they have 45 or more D1s on the roster.

Why is that SO hard to grasp?

I don't get it.