2022 HS Track and Field

Wooderson

9 hours ago, 954gator said:

Definitely not what they were (mens obviously lol)  I still think they can medal though.    However they should not be able to keep with USA unless we fumble it.  I don't think anyone could honestly.  

They will not medal.  The women I believe could become the 1st to run a sub 40.  USA 40.82 is the world record for women.  Their men will not medal unless we go all USA and drop the baton.  Tx and FL will handle business

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

They will not medal.  The women I believe could become the 1st to run a sub 40.  USA 40.82 is the world record for women.  Their men will not medal unless we go all USA and drop the baton.  Tx and FL will handle business

It's hard to remember when the last time we didn't mess up with both women and men . Poor coaching ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

It's hard to remember when the last time we didn't mess up with both women and men . Poor coaching ?

Yes, coaching decision making !  America always runs to many different runners in the practices and heats. And if that alone isn't bad enough we change their order of running. Coaches are too diplomatic. They want EVERYBODY to get a medal, hence NOBODY does. Five runners max, start to finish (Practice thru Gold). 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 11:44 PM, DevilDog said:

Mu is the smoothest runner.  Shes a genetic freak..  so smooth

Agree, an 800m body to die for....those legs. Since the Top two 800 women were banned in 2021 (Caster Semenya & Margaret Wambui) for having to much male testosterone she has been unchallenged. But American Ajee Wilson can't be over looked. She "almost" beat Mu two weeks ago at National's. I LOVE TRACK   :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dan in daytona said:

Yes, coaching decision making !  America always runs to many different runners in the practices and heats. And if that alone isn't bad enough we change their order of running. Coaches are too diplomatic. They want EVERYBODY to get a medal, hence NOBODY does. Five runners max, start to finish (Practice thru Gold). 

Your right . Kinda like that in B-ball also with Dream teams. Coaches assume with the talent we have that they don't need to do more practices etc.

6 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

Agree, an 800m body to die for....those legs. Since the Top two 800 women were banned in 2021 (Caster Semenya & Margaret Wambui) for having to much male testosterone she has been unchallenged. But American Ajee Wilson can't be over looked. She "almost" beat Mu two weeks ago at National's. I LOVE TRACK   :)

ME TOO 😁

On 7/17/2022 at 7:17 PM, DevilDog said:

Great race.  Tx, FL, FL.  Very close.  Bracy and Bromell were moving.  Remember I said a few years back that Jamaica would not be elite.  They gonna get smoked in 4x100.  USA, GB, Japan and China should all beat them unless there are stick problems.  That USA 4x100 gonna be helluva fast

Bet Jamaica medals. They know what they are doing for the most part when it comes to relays on this stage.

3 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Bet Jamaica medals. They know what they are doing for the most part when it comes to relays on this stage.

They will not medal.  Unless the other 4 screw up a baton.  They are not a top 3 Relay team  they finished 5th in Tokyo.  Hell Italy, GB and China beat them and Japan which has the best stick game got DQ'd.  They don't have sprint depth.  In 100 or 200 either.  I told you this would happen after Bolt.  They were fading with him.  

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

They will not medal.  Unless the other 4 screw up a baton.  They are not a top 3 Relay team  they finished 5th in Tokyo.  Hell Italy, GB and China beat them and Japan which has the best stick game got DQ'd.  They don't have sprint depth.  In 100 or 200 either.  I told you this would happen after Bolt.  They were fading with him.  

I think if this were the olympics you would be dead on.   Too much uncertainty in the worlds.   Lots of runners backing out last minute etc.    Both reigning Olympic 100 and 200  champs didn't show to the blocks for the semi's.   Kerley looks hurt etc.    Who knows what the actual relay teams look like on race day.     

Now if your asking if Jamaica's top 4 sprinters have the speed of ours?? no way. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 1:15 PM, 954gator said:

Who runs in the mens 4x1 and 4x4.    Is Kerley out?  We know Ross is out for the 4.    

By the way anyone know what really happened with Ross?  Dodging testers?

Seems he dodged them.  Kerley says he's good.  I got Coleman, Kerley, Brommell and Bracy Williams in that order.  But would look at Lyles and the 200m Wonderkid as well.  I think both would be a better anchor. 

• Like 1

Lyles making a statement...he still the 200m king.   Knighton ran slower than his semifinal where he ran "70%" the second half.    My dude needs to stay humble and keep grinding.    People need to pump the breaks on all the Bolts records are falling talk.   Nobody is running a 19.19 or 9:58 anytime soon.

If Fanbulleh ever gets his start right....he will be very hard to beat as well (kind if like Degrasse).   He seems to be able to run down even the most elite of comp.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Lyles making a statement...he still the 200m king.   Knighton ran slower than his semifinal where he ran "70%" the second half.    My dude needs to stay humble and keep grinding.    People need to pump the breaks on all the Bolts records are falling talk.   Nobody is running a 19.19 or 9:58 anytime soon.

If Fanbulleh ever gets his start right....he will be very hard to beat as well (kind if like Degrasse).   He seems to be able to run down even the most elite of comp.    

Knighton was never going to win from lane 3.  That was a terrible draw for him and one I don't understand with him having the second fastest semi time. 19.19 expiration date is coming soon. 9.58 will be here for awhile.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Knighton was never going to win from lane 3.  That was a terrible draw for him and one I don't understand with him having the second fastest semi time. 19.19 expiration date is coming soon. 9.58 will be here for awhile.

Yeah I don't understand the lane draws.   Knighton usually has the fastest start, but not last night.  He did say he made a mistake getting out of the blocks.    I dunno man I think 19.19 is beatable, but Bolt had the total package.   I see these guys running and I think their perfect runs are in the 19.3-4ish range.   

On 7/20/2022 at 2:43 PM, DevilDog said:

Seems he dodged them.  Kerley says he's good.  I got Coleman, Kerley, Brommell and Bracy Williams in that order.  But would look at Lyles and the 200m Wonderkid as well.  I think both would be a better anchor. 

I like Coleman (best starter), Lyles 2nd (get baton early, pass it late), Brommell, Bracy. This "could" be a world record even with Kerley hurt....fingers crossed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Woah!!!!

This has been the best overall T&F I've seen possibly ever.  If that 200 was 210M Fahnbulleh would have won it.  Terrible starter best closing speed.  I actually think he should move to the 400.  Can run down college kids at the 180 Mark.  But never those other elite.  Lyles Amazing.