Saban holds nothing back but says the obvious at the same time.

HurricaneNick

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

What does a 8-4 record have to do with pulling 7  5* recruits is what we are wondering?

The 5*s were the primary point.

We'll wait 

Well if you read the post I responded to...

The post was basically saying nobody would go to A&M because they went 8-4 and lost 4 SEC games....

NEVERMIND the fact they played all but 1 game with their original starting QB.  NEVERMIND that they went 11-1 the year prior.

But hey...if Bama or LSU got all those players after going 8-4 it's "nothing" right?

33 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

But hey...if Bama or LSU got all those players after going 8-4 it's "nothing" right?

Right!

LSU and Alabama have recruited very well for decades no matter what their record is/was and the culture is totally different.....LSU doesn't even have to leave the state really and they can pull a Top 10 Class most years. If prospects want to go the NFL then LSU and Gump are solid choices.

Texas A&M pulling 5* prospects is absurd. It doesn't matter really......3 or 5 of those guys will end up hating College Station and that's when the real trouble will start.

14 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Right!

LSU and Alabama have recruited very well for decades no matter what their record is/was and the culture is totally different.....LSU doesn't even have to leave the state really and they can pull a Top 10 Class most years. If prospects want to go the NFL then LSU and Gump are solid choices.

Texas A&M pulling 5* prospects is absurd. It doesn't matter really......3 or 5 of those guys will end up hating College Station and that's when the real trouble will start.

I laughed so damn hard at this.

I tell you what...let LSU keep going 8-4 and see if all those top Louisiana players stay in state.

It'll be the 90s all over again.  Or they'll go to Bama like quite a few already have recently.

Also...You can make it in the NFL anywhere. If ya good enough...they will find/sign you.  Plenty have.

And Culture???  Ha!  Have we not read all the trouble LSU has been getting in the past year?

8 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

I tell you what...let LSU keep going 8-4 and see if all those top Louisiana players stay in state.

It'll be the 90s all over again.  Or they'll go to Bama like quite a few already have recently.

Also...You can make it in the NFL anywhere. If ya good enough...they will find/sign you.  Plenty have.

And Culture???  Ha!  Have we not read all the trouble LSU has been getting in the past year?

I guess you have convinced yourself just to miss the entire point on really what's being talked about here 

Like I said.... it doesn't matter though.

Miss away!

29 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

We cannot act like LSU, Alabama, and A&m are the same in terms of brands and history. I believe A&M won their last national title in the 1930’s. Again, no one is breaking the rules but the writing is on the wall. 

46 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

We cannot act like LSU, Alabama, and A&m are the same in terms of brands and history. I believe A&M won their last national title in the 1930’s. Again, no one is breaking the rules but the writing is on the wall. 

We know that. A&M is like Longview in regards to "brand." 

Shouldn't matter...Until the top dogs don't get their way and start throwing hissy fits.  Then moves suddenly become "shady."

We've seen it throughout history.  Everything from SMU in the 80s (illegal I know), the Prop 48 issue at NEB and other Big 8 schools during the 90s (Texas bitched), to Greyshirting in the SEC as examples.  NIL is the next big thing in recruiting to fuss about.

The whole thing shouldn't be a big deal...but because it's Texas A&M doing it and not the "Bluebloods" of the SEC...Ya know how it goes...

Heaven forbids if the Mississippi schools ever start winning...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

A&M and LSU were pretty similar before 2003. A&M was probably a better program

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

A&M and LSU were pretty similar before 2003. A&M was probably a better program

LSU started taking off after that monumental Sugar Bowl win against OU.  Then took off from there.

But from 70s to 2000s.  They were going through absolute HELL just trying to win SEC titles.

A&M's "hell" just lasting longer.  They'll get another someday.  Until then...they are living off '98.

7 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

LSU started taking off after that monumental Sugar Bowl win against OU.  Then took off from there.

But from 70s to 2000s.  They were going through absolute HELL just trying to win SEC titles.

A&M's "hell" just lasting longer.  They'll get another someday.  Until then...they are living off '98.

In the 90s, they were Florida's punching bag

LSU is 36-22 all time vs Texas A&M.

LSU has won 12 SEC Championships.

Texas A&M has won O in 10 years now.

The last Texas A&M Conference Championship was in 1998 when they were a part of the Big 12.

None of that has anything to do with Texas A&M buying the best recruiting class in the history of college football. I'm almost convinced there's something fishy there.

I'm going to laugh when this recruiting class fails Jimbo Fisher. 

But whatever.

Just now, RedZone said:

LSU is 36-22 all time vs Texas A&M.

LSU has won 12 SEC Championships.

Texas A&M has won O in 10 years now.

The last Texas A&M Conference Championship was in 1998 when they were a part of the Big 12.

None of that has anything to do with Texas A&M buying the best recruiting class in the history of college football. I'm almost convinced there's something fishy there.

I'm going to laugh when this recruiting class fails Jimbo Fisher. 

But whatever.

Or Jimbo Fisher fails this recruiting class.

One of the two, for sure.

Texas A&M will be stuck on zero for 100 more years. lol

Current Members
School Last SEC Title Number of SEC Titles Number of Divisional Titles
Alabama 2021 29 16
Georgia 2017 13 11
Tennessee 1998 13 6
LSU 2019 12 9
Florida 2008 8 (+1 vacated) 15
Auburn 2013 8 8
Ole Miss 1963 6 1
Kentucky 1976 2 0
Mississippi State 1941 1 1
Arkansas Never 0 4
Missouri Never 0 2
South Carolina Never 0 1
Texas A&M Never 0 0
Vanderbilt Never 0 0

39 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Texas A&M will be stuck on zero for 100 more years. lol

Current Members
School Last SEC Title Number of SEC Titles Number of Divisional Titles
Alabama 2021 29 16
Georgia 2017 13 11
Tennessee 1998 13 6
LSU 2019 12 9
Florida 2008 8 (+1 vacated) 15
Auburn 2013 8 8
Ole Miss 1963 6 1
Kentucky 1976 2 0
Mississippi State 1941 1 1
Arkansas Never 0 4
Missouri Never 0 2
South Carolina Never 0 1
Texas A&M Never 0 0
Vanderbilt Never 0 0

Tennessee needs to spend 30 or 40 million dollars on some players...... another program stuck in the 90s. 

If every coach in the nation fails at Tennessee it's time to bring in 7-10 5* prospects and give it a shot. 😃

Too funny.

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Tennessee needs to spend 30 or 40 million dollars on some players...... another program stuck in the 90s. 

If every coach in the nation fails at Tennessee it's time to bring in 7-10 5* prospects and give it a shot. 😃

Too funny.

For somebody "done" with the Convo you sure bumpin' ya gums a lot.

Those LSU facts got ya feelings hurt?

• Like 2