Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

19 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

My daughter’s bf met Shaq a few hours ago at Cologne airport.  

I’ll share his nice hair and partial frames next to Shaq 😂.  

Her bf has a cool side gig at the airport.  Shaq was kind enough to chat, take a photo with him and he also helped with carrying suitcases from the private group of 15 flight. 👍🏻

DJ Diesel is having a workcation around Europe sharing his music taste.  

My daughter and bf are on their way now to Greece for vacation, followed by attending a wedding in Moldova next weekend.
No DJ work for them though like Shaq.  😊  They’re paying.  

IMG_5218.jpeg

Phoenix Suns legend Shaq 😂

If I'm not mistaken Germany was where it all began for Diesel, as it was on a military base there where Dale Brown first spotted a six-foot-six, 13-year old Shaq.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 11:07 AM, Wooderson said:

Phoenix Suns legend Shaq 😂

If I'm not mistaken Germany was where it all began for Diesel, as it was on a military base there where Dale Brown first spotted a six-foot-six, 13-year old Shaq.

My son met Charles Barkley at a Zona airport a few years back and my daughter’s bf meets Shaq doing his side gig at Cologne airport… I need to travel again soon 😂.   

I did meet LT a handful of times, including a flight from NJ to FL a good 10 years plus back.  We chatted in the boarding area about George Young (GM) mainly.  

Edit:  my previous post I had a brain freeze… my daughter and her bf have a wedding to attend in Macedonia next weekend, not Moldova, as I posted in error.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

My son met Charles Barkley at a Zona airport a few years back and my daughter’s bf meets Shaq doing his side gig at Cologne airport… I need to travel again soon 😂.   

I did meet LT a handful of times, including a flight from NJ to FL a good 10 years plus back.  We chatted in the boarding area about George Young (GM) mainly.  

Edit:  my previous post I had a brain freeze… my daughter and her bf have a wedding to attend in Macedonia next weekend, not Moldova, as I posted in error.  

I think I'm the only lifelong Phoenician that's never had a Barkley encounter, made all the more perplexing due to my golf course employment back in the day.

I did use a urinal next to Dan Majerle at a D-backs game in 2007, which isn't a big deal on a national scale but here and during that era (he  was retired but part of the local TV broadcasts during the Nash years) might as well have been Mick Jagger 😄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

I think I'm the only lifelong Phoenician that's never had a Barkley encounter, made all the more perplexing due to my golf course employment back in the day.

I did use a urinal next to Dan Majerle at a D-backs game in 2007, which isn't a big deal on a national scale but here and during that era (he  was retired but part of the local TV broadcasts during the Nash years) might as well have been Mick Jagger 😄

How did his tan look in the can😂? I always liked Thunder Dan.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Dan was a good player.  
Mick just turned 80 last week.  🍺 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Dan was a good player.  
Mick just turned 80 last week.  🍺 

It's very strange as Majerle has always been a larger than life character among the fans out here (especially the ladies) but has repeatedly gotten the shaft from management (whether it was getting traded for Hot Rod friggin' Williams, being passed over as the interim Suns coach in favor of Lindsey frackin' Hunter, or getting canned after a single losing season after building Grand Canyon U into a consistent 20-win mid-major). Curious if we all know something that the decision makers don't or vice versa.

16 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

It's very strange as Majerle has always been a larger than life character among the fans out here (especially the ladies) but has repeatedly gotten the shaft from management (whether it was getting traded for Hot Rod friggin' Williams, being passed over as the interim Suns coach in favor of Lindsey frackin' Hunter, or getting canned after a single losing season after building Grand Canyon U into a consistent 20-win mid-major). Curious if we all know something that the decision makers don't or vice versa.

Interesting.
I remember him with the Heat.  He was a good role player and seemed to be a liked teammate and was also a fan fave down here as well.