The future of high school football

badrouter

It seems clear to me that we are headed towards a landscape where there are relatively few mega powers, who openly recruit state and even nationwide, and often travel long distances to play other such powers. We're kind of there now, but, I see things becoming much more pronounced along these lines. Many schools will drop football all together, while others will cease competing against programs they used to play annually. It is certainly possible we will see schools in general getting out of competitive sports, being replaced by academies like IMG. The building of "Super" teams is unstoppable and inevitable, to whatever extent it isn't already happening.

I think it's important that some leaders with foresight become proactive in anticipation of this, and try to imagine a healthy set of dynamics where we end up in a place people are generally satisfied with, and the kids are able to find the right opportunities for themselves. Failure to do this will open the door (further) for self-serving shysters who don't always have the best interest of kids or the game in mind. You can see the disaster occurring at the collegiate level now as an example of how failing to anticipate changes that are obviously coming can lead to a set of circumstances where precious few people actually are happy with where we've ended up at.

What are the best ways to manage a landscape where there are a bunch of intentionally built all-star teams? Because we can't stop it from happening. And, I'm not even sure there are any good arguments in favor of trying to stop it. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

It seems clear to me that we are headed towards a landscape where there are relatively few mega powers, who openly recruit state and even nationwide, and often travel long distances to play other such powers. We're kind of there now, but, I see things becoming much more pronounced along these lines. Many schools will drop football all together, while others will cease competing against programs they used to play annually. It is certainly possible we will see schools in general getting out of competitive sports, being replaced by academies like IMG. The building of "Super" teams is unstoppable and inevitable, to whatever extent it isn't already happening.

I think it's important that some leaders with foresight become proactive in anticipation of this, and try to imagine a healthy set of dynamics where we end up in a place people are generally satisfied with, and the kids are able to find the right opportunities for themselves. Failure to do this will open the door (further) for self-serving shysters who don't always have the best interest of kids or the game in mind. You can see the disaster occurring at the collegiate level now as an example of how failing to anticipate changes that are obviously coming can lead to a set of circumstances where precious few people actually are happy with where we've ended up at.

What are the best ways to manage a landscape where there are a bunch of intentionally built all-star teams? Because we can't stop it from happening. And, I'm not even sure there are any good arguments in favor of trying to stop it. 

Geez Louise

You say the same fucking thing on all damn boards, refuse to listen to any reason and repeat the same lies your told by morons like lowndes punk and red flag and you somehow believe it 

Then the moment someone points it out you got some smartass comment "always gotta have the last word" when in reality people wouldn't have to constantly get on your ass about your stupid as shit takes if you would stop lying every single time you say the same thing 

You then take pot shots at people helping programs out but think lowndes punk is the type of person actually doing what is good for the sport 

You can't get a good take no mater how many topics you jump to, it's just sad 

• Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, badrouter said:

As long as Louisiana borders Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi I shouldn't even really care truthfully..... not sure why I should give a shit about St Frances or any of the rest of them.

Louisiana has some great games against Texas, Mississippi and Arkansas this year

That's enough for the average high school football fan.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kingoftrolls said:

Geez Louise

You say the same fucking thing on all damn boards, refuse to listen to any reason and repeat the same lies your told by morons like lowndes punk and red flag and you somehow believe it 

Then the moment someone points it out you got some smartass comment "always gotta have the last word" when in reality people wouldn't have to constantly get on your ass about your stupid as shit takes if you would stop lying every single time you say the same thing 

You then take pot shots at people helping programs out but think lowndes punk is the type of person actually doing what is good for the sport 

time to put you on "ignore". You'll be the first.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

47 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I don't think football will die quickly in the overall high school landscape, if at all. I do think there will continue to be the few "super mega monster powers" that operate using players from huge regions. 

I think eventually, they'll have to play each other as more normally operating high schools figure out what they are and choose to not play them, despite the pressure from a few polls and pimps. 

Not sure how many of those powers will arise, but, it'll be fewer than we think that make it, if the ones doing the pimping don't do some better due diligence on who they're signing contracts with. 

29 minutes ago, RedZone said:

As long as Louisiana borders Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi I shouldn't even really care truthfully..... not sure why I should give a shit about St Frances or any of the rest of them.

Louisiana has some great games against Texas, Mississippi and Arkansas this year

That's enough for the average high school football fan.

This. Not many people care about IMG or St. Frances, and why would they? They aren't representing much of what most people understand as high school football in general. 

I really don't care about them much myself. If they weren't being posted in polls or pimped by ree rees, I wouldn't even know their name.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Hopefully the state steps in before that happens because the current governing in certain states like Georgia florida and California are a shit show. That's been my focus since joining this board and the only ones against stopping this mess are this who schools are already doing it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

53 minutes ago, Kingoftrolls said:

Geez Louise

Imagine trying to be internet tough. Ive seen your fatass you must have forgot. You couldn't beat me in anything but eating. You've Never played a sport and think you know more than me other higher level coaches and even former players. Not to mention making multiple accounts like a bitch. I know you are a sad pos looking for attention and validation but stick to the tigersprorts shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This. Not many people care about IMG or St. Frances, and why would they? They aren't representing much of what most people understand as high school football in general. 

I really don't care about them much myself. If they weren't being posted in polls or pimped by ree rees, I wouldn't even know their name.

I've always been more of a college guy anyways (LSU!!).......I like high school football a lot though. I got into the high school scene basically because of LSU football recruiting back in the day and it kind of evolved into a bad habit... a habit of back and forth with very strange people (you know them) that I can't break for some reason.

Why should we care about mega powers playing in tiny stadiums with tiny fans?...some with NO stadiums lol

...and they call that high school football. 🤣

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have no problems with them either. My problem is those that do the same but pretend to be regular schools. md sjb grayson lee sta etc...

• Thumbs Down 1

So instead of having 3 or 4 teams going for that all-important MNC, we may have 8 or 9 going for it in the future.

I think simply not caring is the best answer. If the idea of a MNC really matters that much to a lot of people, then they should separate the private from the public schools. You'd have a public champ and a private champ. Not caring is probably the best solution though.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Imagine trying to be internet tough. Ive seen your fatass you must have forgot. You couldn't beat me in anything but eating. You've Never played a sport and think you know more than me other higher level coaches and even former players. Not to mention making multiple accounts like a bitch. I know you are a sad pos looking for attention and validation but stick to the tigersprorts shit. 

You think you can intimidate me

Show up to Lake City if you think I'm just Internet tough, go ahead and post my picture again and get another suspension since you think you can do whatever the hell you want and never face consequences but be prepared for me to strike back just as aggressively

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

time to put you on "ignore". You'll be the first.

Go ahead bitch I'll do the same to your other account because you add nothing to any conversation

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I need to remind everyone that this poster also thought that Venice was better than everybody in California except MD and SJB among other things.

Damn Los how about the more bigger elephant

How about the fact that he's acting like this is a problem but is okay with it happening at Lakeland

45 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

You haven't coached a day of high school football you quack, you have never been a head coach 

You trying to put yourself as a "higher level coaches" is pathetic

You are just a racist prick who thinks because of your race that you were a good athlete, I've been around real athletes who would mop the floor with you even while fighting the flu 

Your nothing and I will personally enjoy crucifying you bitch

56 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't think football will die quickly in the overall high school landscape, if at all. I do think there will continue to be the few "super mega monster powers" that operate using players from huge regions. 

I think eventually, they'll have to play each other as more normally operating high schools figure out what they are and choose to not play them, despite the pressure from a few polls and pimps. 

Not sure how many of those powers will arise, but, it'll be fewer than we think that make it, if the ones doing the pimping don't do some better due diligence on who they're signing contracts with. 

Agreed.

How can I block or mute another poster? I'm trying to do this and can't seem to find the place to do it. Certainly, I will not continue visiting the site if I'm unable to block a certain someone. Thanks.

• Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, Champa said:

So instead of having 3 or 4 teams going for that all-important MNC, we may have 8 or 9 going for it in the future.

I think simply not caring is the best answer. If the idea of a MNC really matters that much to a lot of people, then they should separate the private from the public schools. You'd have a public champ and a private champ. Not caring is probably the best solution though.

yep. And that's sad, but true.

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Agreed.

How can I block or mute another poster? I'm trying to do this and can't seem to find the place to do it. Certainly, I will not continue visiting the site if I'm unable to block a certain someone. Thanks.

"Oh I can't block this person because I'm afraid of being called out for my lies" your an embarrassment just like the other losers who are now kissing your ass just to think they will get somewhere teaming up on me

"Super teams ruining sports while my team is a Polk county All star team" what a bitch

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I need to remind everyone that this poster also thought that Venice was better than everybody in California except MD and SJB among other things.

What I think about how good a given team is in a given year is irrelevant to my ability to pose questions worth discussing.

7 minutes ago, Kingoftrolls said:

How about the fact that he's acting like this is a problem but is okay with it happening at Lakeland

5 years ago he would've been able to come up with many good arguments to stop it.

Now?

Ehhh.

👇

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

And, I'm not even sure there are any good arguments in favor of trying to stop it.