Lakeland is better than

badrouter

22 minutes ago, badrouter said:

For example, all of the indications we have are that Lakeland was willing to host Miami Central, and Central was willing to host Lakeland, but neither was willing to travel to the other. How one concludes one is guilty of something the other isn’t guilty of is amusing. 

Maybe but Lakeland showed ZERO interest until Lakeland went and got the Polk County all county team in the building but maybe the Miami Central guy on here can explain this 

@MC Rockets

• Like 1

7 hours ago, badrouter said:

It doesn’t make sense for any high school team to play several hours away from home…unless the coach is an egomaniac who needs his team to become noticed. Traveling far is a sucky experience and a financial loser.

👆

This guy loved OOS games when Lakeland was beating Pittsburgh Central Catholic 35-0. But when Lakeland decided they didn't want to do it anymore?

"Only egomaniacs play OOS games! They're financial losers!"

7 hours ago, badrouter said:

For example, all of the indications we have are that Lakeland was willing to host Miami Central, and Central was willing to host Lakeland, but neither was willing to travel to the other. How one concludes one is guilty of something the other isn’t guilty of is amusing. 

It's not amusing with the added knowledge that Lakeland won't travel to *anybody* and Central will.

What's amusing is your complete lack of good faith.

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Because you have no argument so you just resort to the "they're just better regardless" pose.

I might argue that in the classes of '23 and '24, Lakeland has fourteen players with 3* or more, while the two schools I mentioned have six each. Next, I'd speak to history. Under its current coach, Lakeland has many wins over major national powers, while those schools have (off the top of my head) zero such wins. Lakeland also has seven state titles in a state which is known to be orders of magnitude better than Illinois and Hawaii. So, on paper they are much more talented, and in real results under the current coaches, they are much more established.

It's a pretty easy argument, actually. Though I'd be happy to stick with Nolebull's initial comment. But, as long as people are going to put out national rankings, I will be happy to offer my own opinions.

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

👆

This guy loved OOS games when Lakeland was beating Pittsburgh Central Catholic 35-0. But when Lakeland decided they didn't want to do it anymore?

"Only egomaniacs play OOS games! They're financial losers!"

It's one thing to play a few of those games when all expenses are paid. But, to keep seeking them out, like a Venice does, can only be explained by an egomaniac coach looking to grab headlines for himself. There's also quite the difference between a private school in a major metropolitan area and a public school subject to county school board limitations. 

If someone trustworthy were to disclose some actual contractual terms offered to and rejected by Lakeland, I would be more able to offer an opinion on the matter. But, it's simple common sense to not want to be stuck riding many hours on a school bus through the middle of the night after a stressful game.

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

It's one thing to play a few of those games when all expenses are paid. But, to keep seeking them out, like a Venice does, can only be explained by an egomaniac coach looking to grab headlines for himself.

So your scrambling, fall back example is the *one* egomaniac you could find.

We've already laid out your hypocrisy on this.

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

If someone trustworthy were to disclose some actual contractual terms offered to and rejected by Lakeland, I would be more able to offer an opinion on the matter.

Lakeland could've called up any number of schools, hosted, and gotten Paragon/ESPN to cover expenses for the traveling team.

You're scrambling to defend this shit because you are hardwired to fanboy for Lakeland and Bill Castle.

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

If so then why do they take on tougher challenges and why did Lakeland beat it's only quality opponent by 3 points?

Coaches and schools that want to become known and relevant can benefit from playing a big OOS opponent. Castle doesn't need to seek any of this.

Lakeland controlled the Osceola game, getting on the verge of blowing it open. They failed to do so primarily because of three plays. Up 13-0 and with the ball inside Osceola's 40, a wide open RB dropped a pass in a monsoon, and the drive stalled. Then, Osceola moved their best player over from defense, and he turned a screen pass into a TD (he's a great, 4* player); they then recovered an onsides kick, then threw up a duck on a broken play that the same guy pulled in and took in for a score. osceola also got another onsides kick to start the 2nd half, and hit a trick play to set up the 3rd score. The game was also played with the assumption that it would be the first of two games between the teams, so I imagine Castle kept some things in the playbook for November.

I also maintain that Osceola is better than many realize. Their ugly win over Treasure Coast doesn't look nearly as bad now given STA also had an ugly win over TC. Looking forward to seeing them play Jones in a week.

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Lakeland could've called up any number of schools, hosted, and gotten Paragon/ESPN to cover expenses for the traveling team.

You're scrambling to defend this shit because you are hardwired to fanboy for Lakeland and Bill Castle.

True.

Bill Castle is 237 years old. He's not interested in riding on a cramped bus with stinky players for six hours in the middle of the night after a game.