Lakeland is better than

badrouter

24 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Kahuku and East St. Louis. I know this is infuriating to many people. Too bad. This should have (of course it will not actually) have implications on national rankings.

I have a very hard time believing you when you told me that Bowman was better than Rainey.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Kahuku and East St. Louis. I know this is infuriating to many people. Too bad. This should have (of course it will not actually) have implications on national rankings.

You have no clue because they don’t play. There is no “national rankings”. There are made up opinions of people who like HSFB, but no one can watch hundreds of teams per week and understand who’s better. Every game has their own context. (Calling the dogs off, garbage scores, refs calling fake flags) etc etc. There is too much info that you don’t have to make a sound judgment. Just box scores, and assumptions. And I’m not implying that you cant determine if SJB is better than some Vermont team. I’m saying you can’t tell if the 87th team is better than the 107th team. Unless they play 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You have no clue because they don’t play. There is no “national rankings”. There are made up opinions of people who like HSFB, but no one can watch hundreds of teams per week and understand who’s better. Every game has their own context. (Calling the dogs off, garbage scores, refs calling fake flags) etc etc. There is too much info that you don’t have to make a sound judgment. Just box scores, and assumptions. And I’m not implying that you cant determine if SJB is better than some Vermont team. I’m saying you can’t tell if the 87th team is better than the 107th team. Unless they play 

I will say that I agree 100%. And if that was the consensus narrative,  I’d have nothing more to say.

14 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I have a very hard time believing you when you told me that Bowman was better than Rainey.

It still remains to be seen, as we don’t know exactly what’s led to Bowman’s transfers, or what will happen in the future. There was ample reason to believe Bowman is better. That’s a question I think I’d be willing to defer to the STA folks on.

14 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Also East St. Louis is not and has never been a world beater type of team. They are always very talented but most years would go ofer against the top 5 from the football states.

Perhaps you missed where I was going with this. ESL and Kahuku mostly had SFA beat. So, I was commenting on how I think this Lakeland team would fare vs SFA.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They have 1 win versus a T1000 team, that's not national championship material or tiers material #SOSMatters

1 minute ago, SportsMarketing said:

They have 1 win versus a T1000 team, that's not national championship material or tiers material #SOSMatters

That means we don’t know how good they are. The only team with a pulse they played, they barely beat. There is nothing tangible that would suggest that Lakeland could beat a top 100 team. Can they? Sure. It’s all opinion until they do it 

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

That means we don’t know how good they are. The only team with a pulse they played, they barely beat. There is nothing tangible that would suggest that Lakeland could beat a top 100 team. Can they? Sure. It’s all opinion until they do it 

Exactly why it's important to #PlayTheBest #AnytimeAnywhere

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

It still remains to be seen, as we don’t know exactly what’s led to Bowman’s transfers, or what will happen in the future. There was ample reason to believe Bowman is better. That’s a question I think I’d be willing to defer to the STA folks on.

Rainey was a key factor on great teams and made plays. Bowman has not been good enough to get on the field at 2 schools when the running back situation was perfect for a very good player to get touches.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SportsMarketing said:

I’ve made no reference to the quality of the strength of schedule to date. I’m simply speaking to the power of the team. They’re plenty more loaded than about 100 other teams that may have played more highly ranked teams (which Nolebull and I agree are ultimately fake rankings.)

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Indeed, it is all opinion, which can neither be proven nor refuted. It can also be said, and neither proven nor refuted, that Lakeland would beat Mater Dei. I can’t prove that. You can’t disprove that.

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I must also say that describing Osceola merely as “with a pulse” is an absolute dogshit characterization. Let us not forget you once had Rockledge ahead of  Lakeland. How did Rockledge fair on their home field vs. Osceola? 

🤡

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

I must also say that describing Osceola merely as “with a pulse” is an absolute dogshit characterization. Let us not forget you once had Rockledge ahead of  Lakeland. How did Rockledge fair on their home field vs. Osceola? 

🤡

At least nolebull did a ranking but of course like most people here you prefer to be a Monday night QB instead of showing what you actually know 

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

Indeed, it is all opinion, which can neither be proven nor refuted. It can also be said, and neither proven nor refuted, that Lakeland would beat Mater Dei. I can’t prove that. You can’t disprove that.

Perhaps but most people of common sense would take Mater Dei over Lakeland because Mater Dei has ACTUALLY taken on other nationally ranked opponents and won consistently lately while Lakeland seems content to play some FL teams who ain't even top 100 in the state and coast because they don't want to play anyone good outside of Bryant Stadium

• Thanks 1

It doesn’t make sense for any high school team to play several hours away from home…unless the coach is an egomaniac who needs his team to become noticed. Traveling far is a sucky experience and a financial loser. Games that figure to get better attendance because they are closer to both campuses make more sense. If a team plays in an area where there are big time opponents within reasonable distance, more power to them. South Florida, SoCal, it makes more sense. Generally, it’s only dumb or desperate teams traveling a long way to play games without a big paycheck.