Lakeland is better than

badrouter

10 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

JS is ideally located (& was created) to attract athletes from 4 separate counties. Not a part of the diocese. Pulling kids from OC, LA, SD, IE. You should know this living in south OC. Unfortunately, they didn’t land a top 5 player and 5 star recruit like McClain this past recruiting cycle like Lakeland did. Hell, MD and Bosco aren’t even poaching 5 stars from nearby schools Lol. What proves Osceola is better than JS, OLu, SM, MV, SC, Edison, etc? & I'm not saying those schools are better than Osceola, I'm just asking. A players star ratings? Again, how have IMG and Frances lost or struggled if talent and athletes are all that matter? What do stars mean really? Haynes king was ranked ahead of Bryce young in high school. You know how it goes. Mater Dei started a 14 year old freshman (no offers, no stars) at guard against a  st Frances front 4 that had 4 SEC committed defensive lineman (Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Ole Miss) and nearly put a running clock on them. St Frances actually had way more D1 FBS prospects on the field that night. Maybe twice the amount.Lol. 

The only Cali team I have seen is Los Alamitos (told they were a top team 10 in Cali, please correct me if i am wrong) struggle in the trenches gainst AHP. And watched them against Basha.

I can tell you Osceola would have a field day in the trenches against a team like Los Alamitos. 

This is where Osceolas strength is this year (in the DL, OL) and I would favor them against a team like Los Alamitos in the trenches and game. (Osceola is also stacked at DB with 3 D1 FBS Prospects that would help against a good Qb like Malachi Nelson)

Again its just my opinion, just giving you my reasoning.

Im not familiar with the other teams you mentioned so cant chime in on those teams.

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

What I don't get is why does MD tries so hard to force it through the air?   Could they not run on Jserra? @HurricaneNick @steeler01

I didn't watch that game,  but I agree.  I was at the Centennial game and Mater Dei could've ran every down and scored on every drive barring penalties. 

I think vs Bosco, they'll do what they have to, to win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

I didn't watch that game,  but I agree.  I was at the Centennial game and Mater Dei could've ran every down and scored on every drive barring penalties. 

I think vs Bosco, they'll do what they have to, to win

Maybe they are trying to keep SJB honest with the film prep?   I dunno.  

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

What I don't get is why MD tries so hard to force it through the air?   Could they not run on Jserra? @HurricaneNick @steeler01

Preaching to the choir man. 3-4 yards a pop at minimum running dive and power against them. Lots of “run the damn ball” screams from the bleachers last week. I hope it was to make bosco think MD is inept when they watch film? 😂

23 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I almost mentioned this game in the thread where those two bozos @GoBigBlack and @CaliNorth tried to argue that Crenshaw was way better and more physical than Lakeland.

But it's a little bit convoluted.

So Crenshaw beat Narbonne in the LA City Section Championship to qualify for the state bowl game. It was one of their best wins that year. Narbonne was in the Marine League. The champion of the Marine League was......Carson. They beat Narbonne by 2 touchdowns in the regular season and then lost to them by 4 points in the rematch.

Osceola lost to Lakeland twice (by 16 and 19 points) and had 5 total losses. All by 2 or more scores.

You realize that they're just making shit up when they start trying to argue LA City Section teams are way better than Lakeland.

1. I never argued they were better

2. Just ask if you can take me to dinner and get it over with

• 2 weeks later...

This week Lakeland plays undefeated Clearwater Academy International. CAI has won every game by at least three TDs. They are a large team in the trenches and at WR. They are also comprised of a lot of largely unknown players who moved to the United States to pursue a career in football. I think they are very dangerous. They won’t play in any playoffs, and Lakeland would be their biggest win in program history. I also think Lakeland will be flat, as they are still teenagers who don’t know any of CAI’s players from camps or 7v7.

I’m close to picking CAI to pull the upset. 

• Haha 1

I hope the above post is satire, but unfortunately I don’t think it is. @badrouter says Mater Dei wouldn’t be able to sustain drives and get much going against Lakeland but is scared of Clearwater academy. Picks them to beat the greatest team and coach of all time. They have 500 3 stars or better and are supposed to lose this week. Can’t make this shit up. Clearwaters resume could be one the worst I’ve seen this year.

Clearwater academies opponents are a combined 17-33 (no typo, 17 wins and 33 losses) and he is bragging about them winning games by a few scores. Sad really. 

B31637D6-8195-498D-8524-1D6402462217.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I hope the above post is satire, but unfortunately I don’t think it is. @badrouter says Mater Dei wouldn’t be able to sustain drives and get much going against Lakeland but is scared of Clearwater academy. Picks them to beat the greatest team and coach of all time. They have 500 3 stars or better and are supposed to lose this week. Can’t make this shit up. Clearwaters resume could be one the worst I’ve seen this year.

Clearwater academies opponents are a combined 17-33 (no typo, 17 wins and 33 losses) and he is bragging about them winning games by a few scores. Sad really. 

B31637D6-8195-498D-8524-1D6402462217.jpeg

Most all of the teams CAI have played have all played tough schedules. So that explains their poor records. IMO, if one did state rankings for Florida and included CAI, they’d be borderline top 10 in the state. I do just expect them to overlook CAI, but that may be putting too much stock into what a local social media personality told me a few weeks back (that he thought Lakewood was Lakeland’s toughest remaining opponent). So, I’m picturing Lakeland playing a roughly top 10 team in the state while being flat and underprepared. 

I won’t be on here claiming anything special about Lakeland if they do get upset; that’ll be over.

Hopefully, my fears about this game will be as off as my SJB-MD prediction was.

13 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I will defer to you as a FL poster, but is putting CAI in the state of Florida top 10 an exaggeration or based on some objective evaluation?

I can't know for sure just yet. And I am saying they are borderline Top 10, there are several teams outside of the top 6-7 that are all bunched together and indistinguishable at the moment. But, what I can see through viewing their roster is they have excellent size throughout their lineup. In the trenches they have several highly recruited players, and they have 4 WRs that are 6'3" or taller. There is reason to believe they are better than is currently recognized because of the nature of their roster with all of the international players who haven't been on the camp or 7v7 circuit here. They beat Miami Palmetto worse than Columbus did; they beat Fort Dorchester worse than Grayson or Gaffney did; and they're one of very few teams to have won all of their games by 3 TDs or more.

13 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Of course you do. You think they’re better than both MD and Bosco. Lakeland has a million 3*+ players and MD would struggle against them but their homer is picking them to lose this week. Lol. 

I haven't fully picked the loss yet! I have to check back in with the football gods later this week first.

On 10/18/2022 at 2:14 PM, badrouter said:

This week Lakeland plays undefeated Clearwater Academy International. CAI has won every game by at least three TDs. They are a large team in the trenches and at WR. They are also comprised of a lot of largely unknown players who moved to the United States to pursue a career in football. I think they are very dangerous. They won’t play in any playoffs, and Lakeland would be their biggest win in program history. I also think Lakeland will be flat, as they are still teenagers who don’t know any of CAI’s players from camps or 7v7.

I’m close to picking CAI to pull the upset. 

I hope you feel better now router, lol.

• Haha 1