Lakeland is better than

badrouter

12 hours ago, 954gator said:

I'm not saying Lakeland beats MD at all but how the hell would you know?  Guaranteeing a running clock is very California-ish.   Nobody knows what type of team Lakeland really is until the end of the season usually.     

Hey 954 what's happening, haven't talked with you since the old DJ board.

And you are right about Lakeland. Bill Castle coaches for Nov/Dec.

15 hours ago, badrouter said:

You read something into my comment that wasn't there. Of course special teams are a big part of the game! It is worth noting that, with the overwhelming majority of kickoffs, the receiving team gains possession of the ball for some amount of time. Perhaps they fumble, or the defense stops them. But, they get possession for some amount of  time. Twice against Osceola, Osceola kicked off to Lakeland and Lakeland never had possession of the ball. As I said, if that happens again, it will certainly impact the game!

I can almost guarantee Osceola will try the same thing in a rematch. 

What i will say is in the postseason the Home team will be the favorite in the rematch. 

Osceola has had trouble at Bryant stadium in the postseason and Lakeland has had trouble at Markus Paul Stadium in the postseason as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bones said:

🤣

Ask this guy for a lank to a game and he instead gives offer lists. Offer lists =/= good football teams. In my experience the good FL teams are basically SFA, good offer sheets but not representative of how they play football. Teams like that become Cannon fodder for good football teams.

And the rest of the FL teams try to play the same basic style of football but with all the offered kids stockpiled into 4 schools. 

Lol you think all of Florida's best players go to 4 schools??  Thats hilarious.  

11 hours ago, Bones said:

🤣

Ask this guy for a lank to a game and he instead gives offer lists. Offer lists =/= good football teams. In my experience the good FL teams are basically SFA, good offer sheets but not representative of how they play football. Teams like that become Cannon fodder for good football teams.

And the rest of the FL teams try to play the same basic style of football but with all the offered kids stockpiled into 4 schools. 

Oh. No.

The "good" Florida teams are merely equivalent to a program that's only lost to Mater Dei and STA over the last 6 years.

What will we ever do!

Just now, 954gator said:

This has definitely been true lately.   Last really tough somewhat far road game I remember Lakeland playing was when they played Carol City.  

954 don't fall for the water boy's nonsense, it's prehistoric old.

Even when Castle had National Championship level teams traveling around the country wasn't big on his agenda. He only did it a few times for the kids, the Dreadnaught alumni and a few media people. The man is nearly 80 years old those days are over for him.

Maybe the next man in charge will take up that mantel and play OOS. The "L" logo and name recognition still rings bells.

1 minute ago, PCGridiron said:

954 don't fall for the water boy's nonsense, it's prehistoric old.

Even when Castle had National Championship level teams traveling around the country wasn't big on his agenda. He only did it a few times for the kids, the Dreadnaught alumni and a few media people. The man is nearly 80 years old those days are over for him.

Maybe the next man in charge will take up that mantel and play OOS. The "L" logo and name recognition still rings bells.

Hey I'm not saying Lakeland isn't good at all just that they haven't been going big in the regular season that's all.  

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Any florida guys have the Dunbar vs Cypress Lake score ?

17 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

There’s no mention of it on Twitter, maxpreps or score stream. It probably didn’t happen. The area is in shambles. Football is/should be the furthest thing on the mind of the people of Ft Myers 

No game has been played in Sarasota or Lee counties since the hurricane hit so it's either been postponed (if it's district or they have a common bye week) or cancelled

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Osceola has been solid most years and very good in pockets for the better part of 15 years or so.

If they're the best team you play, and it's likely that's the case, then you don't really play anybody.

In other words beating Osceola is a good win on a state level but not a national level?

2 hours ago, TruthSerum said:

In other words beating Osceola is a good win on a state level but not a national level?

Mostly bc of familiarity.   Osceola has never made any OOS noise enough to garner much national attention.    They played a team from California (Carson) back in 2009ish and even that game wasn't televised or hyped up much.   In fact I can't find any highlights of it at all.  

Cocoa for example is more nationally recognized because they played a bunch of OOS games around that same period.   If they hadn't people outside of Florida wouldn't know who Cocoa is.