Lakeland is better than

badrouter

12 hours ago, badrouter said:

(and no, traveling several hours away for games is not "part of the job"; most schools don't travel that far for games).

So will Bill Castle opt out of the state championship game given that traveling several hours on a bus is not a part of his job?

The lengths that  you will go to apologize for the behavior of grown men is embarrassing.

14 hours ago, badrouter said:

That's 15 guys (counting Vass who's SEC offers ensure he'll become a 3* soon) rated 3* or better. There are teams with even more such players, but they are few and far between. Mater Dei is not among those teams. FWIW.

Mater Dei has 33 players with Division 1 FBS offers. Lol. The rosters aren’t even comparable. 

Why’d you wait online to buy tickets within 1 minute of them going on sale for a game you think will be a running clock? The only chance of there being a running clock on Friday night is if lakeland shows up to play. 😉

14 hours ago, badrouter said:

If Osceola recovers two onside kicks again in a rematch, it'll be another good game!

Its hilarious you guys are trying this hard to make the game seem like it was a blowout LOL

Special teams is a crucial part of the game if you aint know.

If it works, keep doing it, simple coaching! (if you also didnt know)

11 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

So will Bill Castle opt out of the state championship game given that traveling several hours on a bus is not a part of his job?

The lengths that  you will go to apologize for the behavior of grown men is embarrassing.

Yes, I figure they will forfeit the game in that case.

"The behavior of grown men..."? Ridiculous. Bizarre.

11 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Mater Dei has 33 players with Division 1 FBS offers. Lol. The rosters aren’t even comparable. 

Why’d you wait online to buy tickets within 1 minute of them going on sale for a game you think will be a running clock? The only chance of there being a running clock on Friday night is if lakeland shows up to play. 😉

Lakeland has 24 with FBS offers. Once you get past about 22, you're necessarily talking about backup players. Mater Dei has some built-in advantages which figure to make them more able to get backups offers. Mater Dei wouldn't be able to mount sustained drives vs. Lakeland. And they'd struggle to make plays of any kind on offense as they lack elite skill players.

1) The only down time in my day that day was around 9:00 am, which happened to be when they posted the link.

2) The only way I'd be able to watch the game at all is to attend, since I don't do Bally sports.

3) MD is one of the last top CA teams I haven't caught in person yet.

MD just barely beat a team with zero starred-players. The only team MD has played with comparable talent to Lakeland they also barely beat (CC is a gimmick-based offense). You just have a massive blind spot when it comes to teams from outside of CA. You likely couldn't name a single player on Lakeland's team without looking them up. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Svargas19 said:

Its hilarious you guys are trying this hard to make the game seem like it was a blowout LOL

Special teams is a crucial part of the game if you aint know.

If it works, keep doing it, simple coaching! (if you also didnt know)

You read something into my comment that wasn't there. Of course special teams are a big part of the game! It is worth noting that, with the overwhelming majority of kickoffs, the receiving team gains possession of the ball for some amount of time. Perhaps they fumble, or the defense stops them. But, they get possession for some amount of time. Twice against Osceola, Osceola kicked off to Lakeland and Lakeland never had possession of the ball. As I said, if that happens again, it will certainly impact the game!

7 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Lakeland has 24 with FBS offers. Once you get past about 22, you're necessarily talking about backup players. Mater Dei has some built-in advantages which figure to make them more able to get backups offers. Mater Dei wouldn't be able to mount sustained drives vs. Lakeland. And they'd struggle to make plays of any kind on offense as they lack elite skill players.

1) The only down time in my day that day was around 9:00 am, which happened to be when they posted the link.

2) The only way I'd be able to watch the game at all is to attend, since I don't do Bally sports.

3) MD is one of the last top CA teams I haven't caught in person yet.

MD just barely beat a team with zero starred-players. The only team MD has played with comparable talent to Lakeland they also barely beat (CC is a gimmick-based offense). You just have a massive blind spot when it comes to teams from outside of CA. You likely couldn't name a single player on Lakeland's team without looking them up. 

Mater Dei would running clock Lakeland on the road. With ease. Bishop Gorman has more talent than Lakeland, they’re much better than lakeland in the trenches. Look it up at 9am tomorrow morning during your down time. Bishop Gorman would also running clock Lakeland. Mater Dei has elite skill players on both sides of the ball. So much talent including the #1 running back in the country in the class of 2025. You don’t know what you’re talking about, it’s fine. Enjoy your first Mater Dei game buddy. 

8 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Mater Dei would running clock Lakeland on the road. With ease. Bishop Gorman has more talent than Lakeland, they’re much better than lakeland in the trenches. Look it up at 9am tomorrow morning during your down time. Bishop Gorman would also running clock Lakeland. Mater Dei has elite skill players on both sides of the ball. So much talent including the #1 running back in the country in the class of 2025. You don’t know what you’re talking about, it’s fine. Enjoy your first Mater Dei game buddy. 

A team that beat 3-3 J Serra by eight points (which was their largest lead of the game) would running clock a team with 15 3* or better players? 🤡 Cute joke.

53 minutes ago, badrouter said:

A team that beat 3-3 J Serra by eight points (which was their largest lead of the game) would running clock a team with 15 3* or better players? 🤡 Cute joke.

If stars meant everything why aren’t IMG and SFA murdering everyone via running clock? You’re entitled to your opinion, some on here think Stetson Bennett is the best QB in the country. It’s clear that we don’t have the brightest posters on here. It would be tough for Lakeland to do much with MD. Lakelands not great in the trenches and they play a fairly soft schedule. MD beat C10 by 3 scores and they beat JSerra by 41 points. Bad night of ball last Friday coming off a bye week where the majority of prep was focused on St. John bosco. Simple as that. Poor performance, no doubt. The non biased posters realize this and said just that. Usually how it goes. MD shows up in the big games. That’s been proven this year too. Friday night is only round 1 of 2. Have Lakeland call the Monarchs for a game next season. Only 1 senior starter on the MD defense this year. Again, enjoy the game! 

54 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

If stars meant everything why aren’t IMG and SFA murdering everyone via running clock? You’re entitled to your opinion, some on here think Stetson Bennett is the best QB in the country. It’s clear that we don’t have the brightest posters on here. It would be tough for Lakeland to do much with MD. Lakelands not great in the trenches and they play a fairly soft schedule. MD beat C10 by 3 scores and they beat JSerra by 41 points. Bad night of ball last Friday coming off a bye week where the majority of prep was focused on St. John bosco. Simple as that. Poor performance, no doubt. The non biased posters realize this and said just that. Usually how it goes. MD shows up in the big games. That’s been proven this year too. Friday night is only round 1 of 2. Have Lakeland call the Monarchs for a game next season. Only 1 senior starter on the MD defense this year. Again, enjoy the game! 

I'm not sure where you're getting this idea from. Perhaps the 2009 team that played DLS? They have 5 DLs with FBS offers. OL has two SEC OTs and a third who may be SEC caliber in a year. They're probably better in the trenches than anyone in CA outside of The Big Two. 

11 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I'm not sure where you're getting this idea from. Perhaps the 2009 team that played DLS? They have 5 DLs with FBS offers. OL has two SEC OTs and a third who may be SEC caliber in a year. They're probably better in the trenches than anyone in CA outside of The Big Two. 

In bold may be true, but the trenches are exactly what separates the two from the rest. Not the skill players. I didn’t say they weren’t good in the trenches, but from the offer list you posted it appears the DL isn’t grabbing major high level P5 offers. OL looks better. MD’s two offensive tackles are ranked #1 and 2 in the country in the class of 2024. Interior DL has more depth as about 6-7 guys rotate. Edge rushers have 4 guys with D1 offers. Would Lakeland play an Aquinas/central/Chaminade Madonna/AHP in the playoffs? Lakeland should breeze through the rest of the schedule. 

12 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

In bold may be true, but the trenches are exactly what separates the two from the rest. Not the skill players. I didn’t say they weren’t good in the trenches, but from the offer list you posted it appears the DL isn’t grabbing major high level P5 offers. OL looks better. MD’s two offensive tackles are ranked #1 and 2 in the country in the class of 2024. Interior DL has more depth as about 6-7 guys rotate. Edge rushers have 4 guys with D1 offers. Would Lakeland play an Aquinas/central/Chaminade Madonna/AHP in the playoffs? Lakeland should breeze through the rest of the schedule. 

MD and SJB are definitely better on the OL. DL is trickier to assess because some of the attributes (especially height) that make players good prospects for the next level aren't as useful in H.S. At this level, Lakeland is better on the DL than OL. Generally, I'd give the edge to The Big Two in the trenches, just not by as much as you all assume. Lakeland's secondary would be very difficult for both MD and SJB. If MD plays SJB tight, I wouldn't argue against both being more highly rated. But, if SJB rolls MD, I'm not going to be willing to concede MD is better in 2022 just yet.

Lakeland has an unfortunate path to the title in Florida. The best teams left for them to play are Clearwater Academy (probably underrated given they aren't rated at all) and a rematch with Osceola. In the absence of a postseason bowl game, Lakeland's schedule won't allow it a chance to be top 5 in the country no matter what they do. It's a major bummer.

On 10/2/2022 at 4:57 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Bowman is faster straight line from what I recall, but it’s been so long.  Everything else, I’d lean Rainey first thought at the HS level.  You know me, 😂  I don’t take questions lightly, especially sports related.  
I’d have to watch clips for awhile to make a more serious effort.   

Just too much on my plate with a sports addiction and current Abby normal analytical dissection of my Swiss cheese portfolio 4th quarter adjustments and game plan next week to get my %’s the way I want until end of year.  

Bowman has zero chance vs Rainey in a parking lot race lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I'm not saying Lakeland beats MD at all but how the hell would you know?  Guaranteeing a running clock is very California-ish.   Nobody knows what type of team Lakeland really is until the end of the season usually.     

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, badrouter said:

MD and SJB are definitely better on the OL. DL is trickier to assess because some of the attributes (especially height) that make players good prospects for the next level aren't as useful in H.S. At this level, Lakeland is better on the DL than OL. Generally, I'd give the edge to The Big Two in the trenches, just not by as much as you all assume. Lakeland's secondary would be very difficult for both MD and SJB. If MD plays SJB tight, I wouldn't argue against both being more highly rated. But, if SJB rolls MD, I'm not going to be willing to concede MD is better in 2022 just yet.

Lakeland has an unfortunate path to the title in Florida. The best teams left for them to play are Clearwater Academy (probably underrated given they aren't rated at all) and a rematch with Osceola. In the absence of a postseason bowl game, Lakeland's schedule won't allow it a chance to be top 5 in the country no matter what they do. It's a major bummer.

Clearwater academy is very underrated IMO.   They beat Ft. Dorchester by more than Grayson did and also beat Miami Palmetto by more than Columbus did.   They should give Lakeland a very tough game.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2022 at 8:15 PM, badrouter said:

Lakeland Offense with offers listed:

WR Tyler Williams 4* (UGA commit) WR Daidren Zipperer 3* (Pitt commit) WR Jamar Taylor c/o '24 3* TE Omari Mixon '24 (EKU)

LT Devin Vass  will be a 3* soon (Missouri, Vandy) LG Melvin Robinson (EKU, Rhode Island) C Stokes c/o '24 RG Darian Anderson (DII) RT Genorris Wilson 3* (Auburn commit)

RB: Demarius Rucker c/o '24 3*

QB Zach Pleuss 5,000 career passing yards, probably DII

Defense:

DL Guerlens Milfort 3* (Kansas, NC St) DL Chevaughn Hibbbert (Coastal Carolina) Edge Larry Jones 3* (Coastal Carolina) Edge LaVaughn Brown (USF) DL Idris King (Ark. St)

LB R.J. Kelly 3* (Ark. St) LB Ro Hardy (hoops, FCS likely) LB Josh Smith (EKU) LB Robert Riley (EKU)

DB Cormani McClain 5* DB Shadarian Harrison 3* (Pitt commit) DB Brayshon Williams c/o '24 4* DB Dontay Joyner 3* (Marshall commit) DB Kamaurri McKinley 3* (Toledo commit) DB Twan Wilson 3* (Jackson St. commit)

That's 15 guys (counting Vass who's SEC offers ensure he'll become a 3* soon) rated 3* or better. There are teams with even more such players, but they are few and far between. Mater Dei is not among those teams. FWIW.

🤣

Ask this guy for a lank to a game and he instead gives offer lists. Offer lists =/= good football teams. In my experience the good FL teams are basically SFA, good offer sheets but not representative of how they play football. Teams like that become Cannon fodder for good football teams.

And the rest of the FL teams try to play the same basic style of football but with all the offered kids stockpiled into 4 schools. 

8 hours ago, badrouter said:

Castle coaches the team to a lot of wins and very few losses.

They don't play anybody, dude. It's only been my entire point this whole time.

I think at one point in the 2010s Lakeland had a better winning percentage than STA despite the state championship split being 5-to-0 at the time.

In fact STA just barely nipped them in overall win percentage for the decade.

STA: 126-17 (.881%)

Lakeland: 109-15 (.879%)

Lakeland actually had fewer losses.

😄