30% increase in murder in 2020

Wildcat Will

16 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

I am reflecting on this conversation and it's content. Without a doubt, there is a shortage, or lack of understanding. We must admit when we don't know, what we think we know, in order to learn what we don't know. When you only know what you know, there is much to learn. When you know what others know, you become learned. 

Knowledge will never become wisdom without application.

Sounds good but knowledge is not truth (or wisdom as you pointed out). 

Many learn the ‘knowledge’ of how to do some things the wrong way. As in, knowledge does not equal ‘correct’.....

especially when taken from others.  

And wisdom comes from within...as it can not be taught.  

Just saying

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Troll said:

Many learn the ‘knowledge’ of how to do some things the wrong way. As in, knowledge does not equal ‘correct’.....

Just saying

Confucius say

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."

"The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name"

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Troll said:

Just saying

Acquiring knowledge is not enough. I notice you only addressed a portion. The process of application is essential to knowledge becoming wisdom. This is a natural progression. 

Thru application, the lesson of right and wrong is discovered. Allowing for this eventuality, one expects to be educated, no longer in wonder concerning said subject or topic. 

Wisdom is achieved thru living and taking in all sides of the issue, discriminating that info, applying that info in a practical sense, most commonly, one's life.

3 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Acquiring knowledge is not enough. I notice you only addressed a portion. The process of application is essential to knowledge becoming wisdom. This is a natural progression. 

Thru application, the lesson of right and wrong is discovered. Allowing for this eventuality, one expects to be educated, no longer in wonder concerning said subject or topic. 

Wisdom is achieved thru living and taking in all sides of the issue, discriminating that info, applying that info in a practical sense, most commonly, one's life.

34 Confucius Quotes | Confucius quotes, Philosophy quotes, Quotable quotes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

I am pleased you are into self introspection. Observations of one's self and the examination of one's mental or emotional state or mental process, will be beneficial to you.

Although you may have to dig deep, help is available.

The more you try to talk like you are intelligent the dumber you look.  Big words are only useful if you know how to use them in their correct context. Otherwise you sound like a fool. 

Seinfeld Jackie Chiles GIFs | Tenor+

Seinfeld quote - Jackie Chiles & The Good Samaritan Law, 'The Finale'

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

While you are correct that Wisdom requires experience...

Knowledge does not require action to attain wisdom or otherwise....

to quote Rush....”When you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice “

Ps. 

10 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

I am pleased you are into self introspection. Observations of one's self and the examination of one's mental or emotional state or mental process, will be beneficial to you.

Although you may have to dig deep, help is available.

Riddle me This, before you go, 

“I am loud and obnoxious, I like music that rhymes, I’m a fraction of the population but commit half the crimes

who am i

Just now, OldTerrapin said:

The more you try to talk like you are intelligent the dumber you look.  Big words are only useful if you know how to use them in their correct context. Otherwise you sound like a fool. 

Think GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It amazes me that so often the retort is that I think I am smart or intelligent. Well, I will not profess to bring a dumbass. I will have my best on display at all times because I am 100% real. I am who God made me. 

I am me.

I only sound like a fool to those that can't understand life as I have experienced it and how I have become who I am because of it.

1 minute ago, Wildcat Will said:

It amazes me that so often the retort is that I think I am smart or intelligent. Well, I will not profess to bring a dumbass. I will have my best on display at all times because I am 100% real. I am who God made me. 

I am me.

I only sound like a fool to those that can't understand life as I have experienced it and how I have become who I am because of it.

so in short.. A dumbass? 

7 minutes ago, Troll said:

While you are correct that Wisdom requires experience...

Knowledge does not require action to attain wisdom or otherwise....

to quote Rush....”When you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice “

Ps. 

The individual will, on his or her own, understand the knowledge obtained, and it's place and categorize all actions. Good or bad, they are compartmentalized as they are disiminated. 

27 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Frequent application of terms superfluously, does little to enhance the perception of your intelligence, or validate your arguments.  Sometimes less is more. 

Sometime when your charge is lacking in fundamentals, a return to basics is necessary to establish the baseline for understanding or expectations.

Sometimes more is needed, given the individuals propensity for retaining info.