WTF Navy

Cossacks

4 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Funny how you fucking libs care about the troops and families now. Obama fucked the military for 8 yrs you cant deny that. You cant deny that the equipment and system's used today are old and not adequate. You would rather blame a sailor for the mishap. No way in hell it could be faulty equipment right? Now you fucks want to be all Patriotic. Funny shit.

6795, Never confuse constructive criticism with a lack of patriotism or love of country. You don't love this country any more then I do or many more like myself. We my have different ways of expressing this that you don't agree with, but so what ?  Who the F are you ? We're Americans too. I'm not an unthinking lemming that buys any load of bull$hit prepackaged in the flag or the holy book for that matter. Had an English professor in college who said we all needed a " built-in crap detector " when analyzing information. I'll follow that advice until my last breath. That's what you were fighting for over there, freedom of thought, freedom of expression, don't you realize that ? Believe me, I really do appreciate your sacrifice, thank you. But no way in hell are you any more American then I am.......Freedom...different strokes..different folks.    

15 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:
  4 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Funny how you fucking libs care about the troops and families now. Obama fucked the military for 8 yrs you cant deny that. You cant deny that the equipment and system's used today are old and not adequate. You would rather blame a sailor for the mishap. No way in hell it could be faulty equipment right? Now you fucks want to be all Patriotic. Funny shit.

6795, Never confuse constructive criticism with a lack of patriotism or love of country. You don't love this country any more then I do or many more like myself. We my have different ways of expressing this that you don't agree with, but so what ?  Who the F are you ? We're Americans too. I'm not an unthinking lemming that buys any load of bull$hit prepackaged in the flag or the holy book for that matter. Had an English professor in college who said we all needed a " built-in crap detector " when analyzing information. I'll follow that advice until my last breath. That's what you were fighting for over there, freedom of thought, freedom of expression, don't you realize that ? Believe me, I really do appreciate your sacrifice, thank you. But no way in hell are you any more American then I am.......Freedom...different strokes..different folks.    

Never said I was more anything then you. What I said was Obsma gutted the military for 8 yrs. today because of it you have old out of date equipment and troops with very little experience . Those with experience were forced out because of budget cuts. There is no denying this. Maybey it does end up being human error but it could also be faulty equipment. BTW thank you as well

4 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Funny shit.

What's even funnier is you far right nazis love pointing the finger but will never grow some nuts and own up to when you fuck up.

This has nothing to do with Obama or even Trump's faggot ass.

This was a simple case of human error.

Which btw happened all the time before Obama and the "military cuts". Humans fuck up and shit happens. Stop blaming darky for everything.

13 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

What's even funnier is you far right nazis love pointing the finger but will never grow some nuts and own up to when you fuck up.

Which btw happened all the time before Obama and the "military cuts". Humans fuck up and shit happens. Stop blaming darky for everything.

I didn't call you. When you hear my zipper then open your mouth

8 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Never said I was more anything then you. What I said was Obsma gutted the military for 8 yrs. today because of it you have old out of date equipment and troops with very little experience . Those with experience were forced out because of budget cuts. There is no denying this. Maybey it does end up being human error but it could also be faulty equipment. BTW thank you as well

No where on page 1 did I ever point fingers or blame a soldier for these mishaps. I only question how the hell it can keep happening. I don't know the answers, but someone in leadership (General, politician, analyst, etc) sure needs to address it before more young men die. Money didn't cause this fiasco. Somewhere along the chain of command I surmise we'll get an answer. Our boys deserve better then to die in their sleep for such foolishness. If a tanker can run into a battleship, with little warning, why can't an enemy combatant vessel loaded with explosives ( USS Cole ) do the same thing and kill hundreds if not thousands ?  Libs and conservatives should all agree on this.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

No where on page 1 did I ever point fingers or blame a soldier for these mishaps. I only question how the hell it can keep happening. I don't know the answers, but someone in leadership (General, politician, analyst, etc) sure needs to address it before more young men die. Money didn't cause this fiasco. Somewhere along the chain of command I surmise we'll get an answer. Our boys deserve better then to die in their sleep for such foolishness. If a tanker can run into a battleship, with little warning, why can't an enemy combatant vessel loaded with explosives ( USS Cole ) do the same thing and kill hundreds if not thousands ?  Libs and conservatives should all agree on this.   

That's why I say it may not just be human error. I can see maybe once. But twice in a week? Come on. We both know it's not just humans on duty there had to be systems that were not working properly to not give a warning. Truth is we will never know and a senior navy man or men's career/careers are about to be over.

To me, it's plain as day.  The answer is BOTH.  We have old ass equipment, being used by incompetent personnel, that were hired by people who give out participation trophies, that are being trained by castrated leaders more worried about gender-neutral bathrooms on warships rather than...ya know....WAR.  (thanks to Obama).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

How are you not in prison ? One of Obamas pardons? 

This morning they are investigating possible hacking of the two ships control systems. I was thinking this could be a possible cause. In spite of what laymen on a website say, we have some of the most sophisticated equipment and most highly trained operators in the world. 

With the most sophisticated equipment comes the opportunities for the most sophisticated attacks on said equipment. If we can hack a North Korean missile and crash it, why cant some entity hack our ship and crash it? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This morning they are investigating possible hacking of the two ships control systems. I was thinking this could be a possible cause. In spite of what laymen on a website say, we have some of the most sophisticated equipment and most highly trained operators in the world. 

With the most sophisticated equipment comes the opportunities for the most sophisticated attacks on said equipment. If we can hack a North Korean missile and crash it, why cant some entity hack our ship and crash it? 

again I find it hard to believe we have had 2 collisions inside of a week and want to blame human error. The above makes more sense.

We will never know the truth the Navy/government is never going to admit they wee hacked. A senior Navy man's career just ended.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hacking into the control systems could be the case. However, let's just not unequivocally say that if the systems were compromised it is because Obama was president for 8 years. That is the point of most of the disagreement in this thread -- that whatever the bottom line reason is for the recent collisions and tragedies, don't blindly say it's because "Obama ruined our military." That's just lazy thinking.

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

Hacking into the control systems could be the case. However, let's just not unequivocally say that if the systems were it is because Obama was president for 8 years. That is the point of most of the disagreement in this thread -- that whatever the bottom line reason is for the recent collisions and tragedies, don't blindly say it's because "Obama ruined our military." That's just lazy thinking.

Never said ruined I said gutted. We were a weaker force when he left then we were he started office. This cant be denied.

5 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Never said ruined I said gutted. We were a weaker force when he left then we were he started office. This cant be denied.

It's common knowledge that Democrats do not earmark as much of the budget for military spending as do Republicans. It can be simplistically stated that the military is weaker after every Democratic president leaves office. And as such, it's convenient to blame mishaps on whoever the most recent Democrat was to live in the White House, because they didn't dedicate as much money to the military as a Republican would. But it is all relative when evaluating US military strength, with our troops still being the most advanced in the world. And by decreasing military spending, it certainly doesn't mean Democrats "gut" our armed forces. But it sounds good, and some people fall for it.

46 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

It's common knowledge that Democrats do not earmark as much of the budget for military spending as do Republicans. It can be simplistically stated that the military is weaker after every Democratic president leaves office. And as such, it's convenient to blame mishaps on whoever the most recent Democrat was to live in the White House, because they didn't dedicate as much money to the military as a Republican would. But it is all relative when evaluating US military strength, with our troops still being the largest, most advanced in the world. And by decreasing military spending, it certainly doesn't mean Democrats "gut" our armed forces. But it sounds good, and some people fall for it.

Max this is where you have no idea because you didn't serve. Our most experienced people were forced out. Our systems are old and out dated. I am fully aware of what democrats think of our military. Clinton didn't leave the military anywhere near as bad as it is today. Look it up for yourself. Obama had the highest disapproval  among active duty military. There was a reason for this. Please don't come with it was because of gays and TS. Most military people I know think just like I do. If they can meet every requirements without those requirements being adjusted let them serve. He was disliked because equipment was old and out dated. Housing was inadequate healthcare. How many times did the military receive a raise or cola under Obama?

25 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Obama had the highest disapproval  among active duty military...He was disliked because equipment was old and out dated. 

Did the equipment become old and outdated as soon as "W" completed his 8 years? An example you used in a previous post is that "The Air Force has 12 entire fleets of aircraft that qualify for antique license plates in Virginia." And dealing with this outdated equipment fell entirely on Obama? Convenient, but if he is responsible, so is "W", which would unfortunately eliminate the "fucking libs" blame you like to toss out there. I didn't need to serve in the military to understand this, just as you didn't need to play in the NFL to know certain things like the Cowboys should get their off-field shit together.

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

Did the equipment become old and outdated as soon as "W" completed his 8 years? An example you used in a previous post is that "The Air Force has 12 entire fleets of aircraft that qualify for antique license plates in Virginia." And dealing with this outdated equipment fell entirely on Obama? Convenient, but if he is responsible, so is "W", which would unfortunately eliminate the "fucking libs" blame you like to toss out there. I didn't need to serve in the military to understand this, just as you didn't need to play in the NFL to know certain things like the Cowboys should get their off-field shit together.

It takes decades to modernize our weaponry, most is not off-the-shelf procurements.  It's lazy and shows a lack of understanding of military procurement to blame Obama of outdated weapons.  As an example, the research and development of the F35 started in the early 90s, it was operational in 2015.

our non commitment to modernizing our systems goes back decades and was an ongoing issue throughout my military career.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It takes decades to modernize our weaponry, most is not off-the-shelf procurements.  It's lazy and shows a lack of understanding of military procurement to blame Obama of outdated weapons.  As an example, the research and development of the F35 started in 1992, it was operational in 2015.

our non commitment to modernizing our systems goes back decades and was an ongoing issue throughout my military career.

What teams are you looking forward to watching this year in DFW?

5 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

What teams are you looking forward to watching this year in DFW?

Allen-they have a QB that may be able to get them back to the big dance

cedar hill-young, talented but inexperienced OL/DL.  New coach set a new tougher mindset

ET-new OC with a new emphasis on passing, they have the WR this year to deliver

sachse- very talented team with lots of returning starters, but surprisingly flying under the radar

• Like 1