California stepping up...

NotBigdaddybloom

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

#FlyoverFred...Yes Calif only sent (2) teams on a plane to Ga.  But Calif teams also #packedbags and flew to:

Fla, NJ, Ohio, Hawaii, Oregon, Texas, Maryland, Arizona, Utah, etc.     Some of those states, Calif has multiple plane trips to.   Many of those games were public schools, including Crenshaw which is an inner City Los Angeles team with zero travel budget.

Anyway you look at it, Ga teams in general, don't want to travel. 

And yet has deep pocket supporters that fund those trips.  Not being up on the music scene I don't remember who sponsored them but I seem to remember there was a rap star that funded that trip.  Snoop Dog maybe?  He was expecting a win but instead took a loss from North Gwinnett, a good strong team but one that has never won a championship.  I'm thinking he didn't get his money's worth.  I don't know if that qualifies as a "good loss" or not for you.

Big difference between don't want to and don't have to.  We have good competition in depth near by.  I'm thinking there aren't a lot of good team in Nevada, Arizona, and Oregon so you are forced into go further.  I know there are some but probably not many.  Simple population stats tell me that.  Maybe two or three per state?  Hawaii sounds impressive but I've made that trip and it is often cheaper to Hawaii from California than it is from Atlanta to California.

I would think Texas is similar in that they have plenty of competition at home and don't have to go far for competition.

24 minutes ago, Texasball said:

lol at this post

ET beat DLS -  DLS doesn't lose another game the remainder of the year 

North Shore had been beat the previous 2 weeks before Trinity ever played them.  by Manvel - who got beat 3 times on the year and by Westfield who got beat 2 times themselves.  -  Trinity got beat in the 1st round by S. Grand Praire who themselves finishe 4th in 7 team district and had 5 loses on the year.

At the end of the day every team mentioned above and all the teams that beat these teams could have handled DLS - Just like Trinity

Your point on ET vs North Shore would only be valid if North Shore would have not been beat the two previous games before they played Trinity.

Also - Trinity only beat 3 loss SLC 37-35  -  Funny thing is SLC got beat in the 2nd Round by 4 loss team Guyer who eventually got beat by Mansfield 44-7-  Mansfield themselves lost 3 times and ended up getting beat 49-21 by Lake Travis 

Again - we have a lot more DLS type quality than you will be willing to admit.

[...]

If any of those teams could have handled DLS, and if DLS played better against ET than that year's TX's state champions, then it follows that DLS could have handled any of those teams, right?

So how does it follow that CA football sucks again this year?

20 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Hey Belly Bob -  The best in Oklahoma is equal to the best in CA -  most don't realize that either - Just more proof to me that all the national polls are bogus just like they always have been!

I guess your point is that the best in Oklahoma also sucks.

I wouldn't know. I don't follow football in Oklahoma. 

17 minutes ago, Texasball said:

My god the top of California (DLS) can't even beat one of the best UTAH -  Yet you are willing to talk trash!

DLS wasn't the top of California when they lost to East.

You just said so yourself, remember? 

On 8/28/2017 at 11:56 AM, ECHS05 said:

If you cant ever beat then... thats a sign you dont belong ranked along side them.

Anybody can play them and lose.

I disagree. There's a difference between losing by 1 point and losing by 2-3 TD's. The STA SJB game was very close, therefore, the two deserve to be ranked closely together. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Texasball said:

My god the top of California (DLS) can't even beat one of the best UTAH -  Yet you are willing to talk trash!

Go beat someone then come back and run your mouth!

Texas has a damn good list of State Champions it has beat!

Edit ok one of the best...read it wrong lol. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

And yet has deep pocket supporters that fund those trips.  Not being up on the music scene I don't remember who sponsored them but I seem to remember there was a rap star that funded that trip.  Snoop Dog maybe?  He was expecting a win but instead took a loss from North Gwinnett, a good strong team but one that has never won a championship.  I'm thinking he didn't get his money's worth.  I don't know if that qualifies as a "good loss" or not for you.

Big difference between don't want to and don't have to.  We have good competition in depth near by.  I'm thinking there aren't a lot of good team in Nevada, Arizona, and Oregon so you are forced into go further.  I know there are some but probably not many.  Simple population stats tell me that.  Maybe two or three per state?  Hawaii sounds impressive but I've made that trip and it is often cheaper to Hawaii from California than it is from Atlanta to California.

I would think Texas is similar in that they have plenty of competition at home and don't have to go far for competition.

Snoop dogg is LBP. 

6 minutes ago, Tesseract said:

I disagree. There's a difference between losing by 1 point and losing by 2-3 TD's. The STA SJB game was very close, therefore, the two deserve to be ranked closely together. 

Using that as an example.  Why was SJB ranked ahead of STA on most polls last year?   STA probably shoulda beat BG in Vegas.    BG definitively beat SJB in Cali.   This is more of what people are complaining about. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Using that as an example.  Why was SJB ranked ahead of STA on most polls last year?   STA probably shoulda beat BG in Vegas.    BG definitively beat SJB in Cali.   This is more of what people complaining about. 

Didn't STA lose to a pedestrian BTW or maybe MC?

SJB lost to BG and to MD.

But then they beat Cen10 and crushed MD in the rematch. 

What did STA do down the stretch? Did they have any similar wins?

That's not a rhetorical question. I don't know.

6 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:
13 minutes ago, Fred said:

Snoop dogg is LBP. 

Like I said, I don't keep up with it.  I just remember it was a name I recognized at the time.  Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Just now, Belly Bob said:

Didn't STA lost to a pedestrian BTW?

SJB lost to BG and to MD.

But then they beat Cen10 and crushed MD in the rematch. 

What did STA do down the stretch?

That's not a rhetorical question. I don't know.

Well they didn't lose after the BG game.  I wouldn't call BTW pedestrian though.  They had a wierd year last year for sure.  Remember they worked AHP in the classic before they played STA. 

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Well they didn't lose after the BG game.  I wouldn't call BTW pedestrian though.  They had a wierd year last year for sure.  Remember they worked AHP in the classic before they played STA. 

I think it's one of those things where, all things being equal, a close loss to a team will keep you tied to that team in the rankings. 

But all things might not have been equal last year, if SJB had better wins than STA down the stretch. 

If I remember correctly, BTW lost a few games down the stretch -- a weird season, as you say. That probably pulled STA down. 

I, myself, think STA was as good as anyone last year, but whether rightly or wrongly, polls rank resumes and not how well a team can actually play. 

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Hey Belly Bob -  The best in Oklahoma is equal to the best in CA -  most don't realize that either - Just more proof to me that all the national polls are bogus just like they always have been!

I don't remember you so Rabid

easy to say national polls are bogus when you're from the only power state that doesn't travel -- 

CA, FL, OH, NJ, MD/ DC are flying all over the country while TX's most grueling trip is to Broken Arrow, OK

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 954gator said:

Using that as an example.  Why was SJB ranked ahead of STA on most polls last year?   STA probably shoulda beat BG in Vegas.    BG definitively beat SJB in Cali.   This is more of what people are complaining about. 

SJB has played BG twice, in 2014 (34-31) and 2016 (35-20).

Both games were played in Vegas. 

Edit: Never mind. That's false. The second game was played at LBC College. 

Apologies. 

18 hours ago, Texasball said:

Come on man... Jenks and Union are the only 2 that can claim to be good.

Jenks is now done. 

And either way, none of them are as good as SJB, MD, or Cen10. Thats nonsense to say otherwise.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Pops said:

I don't remember you so Rabid

easy to say national polls are bogus when you're from the only power state that doesn't travel -- 

CA, FL, OH, NJ, MD/ DC are flying all over the country while TX's most grueling trip is to Broken Arrow, OK

Notice something.

If you look real close...

Hint: Public school... Private school

There are a few exceptions... but 90% of the teams involved in nonbordering state OoS games are Privates.

OHs OOS slate is a little down this year... not much traveling to nonbordering states.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Notice something.

If you look real close...

Hint: Public school... Private school

Three things:

1). should we have overall and public-only rankings to make you feel better?

2)  you realize that privates have to fundraise for money, right?  Publication start out way ahead in fundraising because their school is paid for government 

3)  maybe those states just prioritize available dollarsnintonchallenging themselces in field -- am not away of any of those teams that have $60m stadiums or multiple decorated 53' trailers

19 minutes ago, Pops said:

Three things:

1). should we have overall and public-only rankings to make you feel better?

2)  you realize that privates have to fundraise for money, right?  Publication start out way ahead in fundraising because their school is paid for government 

3)  maybe those states just prioritize available dollarsnintonchallenging themselces in field -- am not away of any of those teams that have $60m stadiums or multiple decorated 53' trailers

The public school systems essentially get no money to fund athletics, and they very minute budget they have is for all sports. That is a ridiculous assumption. The gubment does not build facilities (aside from sales tax revenue), buy equipment, pay for transportation (except school owned buses), or any of the other cost associated with the teams.

Before Rush came, our booster club funded all sports teams with the gate proceeds and donations. Now, we have a seperate TD Club where donations strictly go to the football program and the gate revenue is allocated to football with a percentage being given to the school for other sports. Our multiple 53' semi trailers and rigs are donated by a local transport company, the graphics are donated by a local sign company, and the drivers haul them on their own time without pay. That's called fundraising, not gubment money.

Again, you understand very little on what you preach on.

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The public school systems essentially get no money to fund athletics, and they very minute budget they have is for all sports. That is a ridiculous assumption. The gubment does not build facilities (aside from sales tax revenue), buy equipment, pay for transportation (except school owned buses), or any of the other cost associated with the teams.

Before Rush came, our booster club funded all sports teams with the gate proceeds and donations. Now, we have a seperate TD Club where donations strictly go to the football program and the gate revenue is allocated to football with a percentage being given to the school for other sports. Our multiple 53' semi trailers and rigs are donated by a local transport company, the graphics are donated by a local sign company, and the drivers haul them on their own time without pay. That's called fundraising, not gubment money.

Again, you understand very little on what you preach on.

All I know is that I paid more in property taxes every year to fund the public high school that my kids didn't go to than I paid for private school tuition and that school had waaaaay better facilities, all-around, than DLS

either way, whether public s or privates, someone has to pay the tab and the private school pockets have already paid for all of their school and half of the public school 

it shouldn't be an excuse for a rabid fan base, southeastern power with the Hollywood coach and proud touchdown club that craves national attention to do better than invite the #40 CA team and the FL School for Deaf & Blind to your place and beg poverty 

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

All I know is that I paid more in property taxes every year to fund the public high school that my kids didn't go to than I paid for private school tuition and that school had waaaaay better facilities, all-around, than DLS

either way, whether public s or privates, someone has to pay the tab and the private school pockets have already paid for all of their school and half of the public school 

it shouldn't be an excuse for a rabid fan base, southeastern power with the Hollywood coach and proud touchdown club that craves national attention to do better than invite the #40 CA team and the FL School for Deaf & Blind to your place and beg poverty 

You and I both know our money out here goes to uncle jerry's crazy train to nowhere! lol