California stepping up...

NotBigdaddybloom

6 hours ago, Ararar said:

Take your States top 4 teams and tell me how many you would realistically expect to win against IMG,BG,STA and SJCx2

BG also x2

Thats 24 games -- we'll see how CA does but I'd think close to 12-12 -- they'd probably be expected to go 6-2 or 7-1 on SJC x2 offset by DLS probably being at 0-4 in other games and the rest coin flips

GA projects to 1-23 with grayson and sjc splitting -- no one else in GA is in that league -- there's some teams that could hang with SJC but everyone would grayson would project 0-2 at this point

you cherry picked 4 a bit, but don't think any other state would project even 8-16.  Except TX and FL, no one else would project getting a game off sta/ bgx2/ IMG, so you'd need 4 teams that would go 2-0 v SJC

5 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I tell it like it really is.

Outside few recruited up schools California football is way behind Georgia in overall quality and pure football talent.

Truth be told private school football is killing the overall quality of football being played in states like CA and some others.

I think this is probably pretty true. In states where the privates are allowed to stack their teams from the talent provided by the publics in their area, the end result is a couple of good teams and hardly any depth of good teams. 

It remains entertaining to watch them thump their chests about three or four stacked teams though.

14 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I tell it like it really is.

Outside few recruited up schools California football is way behind Georgia in overall quality and pure football talent.

Truth be told private school football is killing the overall quality of football being played in states like CA and some others.

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think this is probably pretty true. In states where the privates are allowed to stack their teams from the talent provided by the publics in their area, the end result is a couple of good teams and hardly any depth of good teams. 

It remains entertaining to watch them thump their chests about three or four stacked teams though.

I guess this makes y'all feel better bout your inferior football😂

38 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Come on dude - CA is not close to beating GA 14-2 or 16-0  -

I would say at best 8-8 split oñ any given year giver or take 2 games.

CA's top 4 go 4-0 against anyone except Grayson -- that's 12-0 and not one game would GA be less than a 3:1 dog

i was generous in saying grayson might win 2

i understand you're the guy that said there's 50 DLS's in TX -- that wasn't even worthy of a "c'mon dude"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The spirit of genuine competition is what matters everywhere else but GA. and Nor Cal

And we keep score for what reason?  To determine who wins and who loses.  That matters in GA if it doesn't anywhere else.  Y'all like to blather about participation trophies and then go on and on about losing close.  That's laughable at best and self serving at worse.  To bad you don't see it.  Win/Loss records determine you moves ahead and who stays home.  Get used to it.

24 minutes ago, Fred said:

And we keep score for what reason?  To determine who wins and who loses.  That matters in GA if it doesn't anywhere else.  Y'all like to blather about participation trophies and then go on and on about losing close.  That's laughable at best and self serving at worse.  To bad you don't see it.  Win/Loss records determine you moves ahead and who stays home.  Get used to it.

It matters in GA so much they won't play anyone of consequence.Your state schedules the sisters of the poor because..you know...it matters who wins and loses 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, old_e said:

This debate has a quick remedy. Corky Kell or Brothers in Arms. Have Jawjaas top 4 play Cali's top 4. Just for shits and giggles.

Issue with Corky kell is its an instate Showcase... that also builds up money for Athletic scholarships.

No team gets a stippened. Meaning any OOS team that would participate would also have to pay for everything. 

Also participating teams must meet a ticket qouta. The only OOS teams that would be elligible would be Neighboring states. 

That travel well... 

Example: Hoover brings about anywhere from 1000-5000 fans with them.  They're also not far from Atlanta.  

6 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Setting aside the fact that Crenshaw in 2009 was not Crenshaw in 2010 in respect of quality, and setting aside the fact that any way you slice it, Crenshaw and VM aren't STA, BG, ET, DBP, etc., either DLS gets credit for beating a good team or else GA doesn't.

Just pick one and be consistent. 

What good teams has DLS beat OOS? 

We're 2-1 vs Miami Central

1-1 with BTW in the past 10 years. 

1-0 vs top 25 Spartanburg-Funny thing is top 25 Spartanburg lost to a GA 1st RD loser... Etowah... (No longer top 25 theyre having a rough year this year.) 

3-2 vs Hoover.  

1-0 vs TCA 

0-2 vs AHP.  

0-1 vs STA

1-0 vs Pomona(CO) 

And for a state that plays anyone anywhere...

I dont see Miami Central or Hoover on CA's resume.Wanna tell me that these aren't elite or Good teams worth the Mighty Californias time? 

Because if they aren't then I guess BG and DBP arent either. 

Which is funny. BG seems to find Miami Central a Good team worth their time. 

The NJ schools are trying to schedule Hoover. 

BG has talkes to Hoover. 

Never heard of a Cali school trying to play either one of em. 

Wanna tell me that BG isnt as good at scheduling as CA or is it the other way around?. 

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And as for upcoming games:

Valor Christian(CO)-#1 in CO 

Bishop Sullivan- #1 in VA

#19 South Pointe-#1 in SC 

John Curtis -top 5 in LA

Knoxville Catholic-Top 5 TN 

Games already completed:

Hoover-#1 in AL 

And next year will be even better. 

That's a cute litter of kittens compared to BGx2, IMG, STA, SJCx2

8 hours ago, Pops said:

BG also x2

Thats 24 games -- we'll see how CA does but I'd think close to 12-12 -- they'd probably be expected to go 6-2 or 7-1 on SJC x2 offset by DLS probably being at 0-4 in other games and the rest coin flips

GA projects to 1-23 with grayson and sjc splitting -- no one else in GA is in that league -- there's some teams that could hang with SJC but everyone would grayson would project 0-2 at this point

you cherry picked 4 a bit, but don't think any other state would project even 8-16.  Except TX and FL, no one else would project getting a game off sta/ bgx2/ IMG, so you'd need 4 teams that would go 2-0 v SJC

1-23.

If that is what Pops projects us as Id probably turn that around, and make it 23-1 and stand a better chance of being right.

11 hours ago, Ararar said:
12 hours ago, Fred said:

It matters in GA so much they won't play anyone of consequence.Your state schedules the sisters of the poor because..you know...it matters who wins and loses 

Spoken like someone who has to find comfort in "good" losses.  You may not like who we play, but they often are highly ranked regardless of your opinion.  Show me where wins and losses don't matter.  I'm waiting.