Maxpreps top 25

HSFBfan

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What's more impressive? Beating defending state champ Valdosta by 45, or an 0-20 JV team by 56? 

The ISB game was only for 2 quarters....and unless I have bad info....Lowndes only ran 15 offensive plays with their starters.  Believe it or not...their fanbase was complaining about Randy Mac scheduling that game.  They felt it was a voidable experience.  The times they are a changin.....

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

The ISB game was only for 2 quarters....and unless I have bad info....Lowndes only ran 15 offensive plays with their starters.  Believe it or not...their fanbase was complaining about Randy Mac scheduling that game.  They felt it was a voidable experience.  The times they are a changin.....

Rufus>>

They felt like it? Hell there was power teams BEGGING to play. $12,500 that they throw around will entice a lot of teams to come. The Miami schools were calling and emailing to no avail. 

Hopefully someone gets in the ear and convinces him, (and Grayson, and Buford and Colquitt) to stop scheduling this JV team. 

Someone needs to attend a coaches convention in Georgia and tell these coaches to man up and schedule the powers from the state so they stop resorting to find oos garbage who doesn't care about ass whippings 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

They felt like it? Hell there was power teams BEGGING to play. $12,500 that they throw around will entice a lot of teams to come. The Miami schools were calling and emailing to no avail. 

Hopefully someone gets in the ear and convinces him, (and Grayson, and Buford and Colquitt) to stop scheduling this JV team. 

Someone needs to attend a coaches convention in Georgia and tell these coaches to man up and schedule the powers from the state so they stop resorting to find oos garbage who doesn't care about ass whippings 

Someone needs to tell the ISB coach that he does not have the players to compete with the teams hes scheduling....

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Speaking for no one else, it was scheduled to fill a hole in our schedule.  Not our first choice by any stretch of the imagination.  I get what you are saying about the $12,500.  I don't have time enough to be involved with the TD club to the level of money, at least other than making contributions.  ^_^  I know we don't have funds on hand to the degree people think we do.  Given the time between scheduling and playing, we might could have come up with the funds but I would have to ask the AD.  We field 17 teams in the various sports and the budget gets stretched to say the least.

9 minutes ago, Fred said:

Speaking for no one else, it was scheduled to fill a hole in our schedule.  Not our first choice by any stretch of the imagination.  I get what you are saying about the $12,500.  I don't have time enough to be involved with the TD club to the level of money, at least other than making contributions.  ^_^  I know we don't have funds on hand to the degree people think we do.  Given the time between scheduling and playing, we might could have come up with the funds but I would have to ask the AD.  We field 17 teams in the various sports and the budget gets stretched to say the least.

The problem with scheduling for Grayson is not Grayson's fault. 

Your state has almost 500 football playing schools. You should not have that hard of a time scheduling a couple non region games per year. 

If 0-20 JV teams are willing to drive 13 hours to play you, then some Georgia team who is much better should have no issue. 

This is the bad collective mentality in Georgia it seems 

• Like 1

The ironic part of Colquitt playing Sullivan and Buford playin South Pointe is those games were forced on them having the risk of losing a gate. Lol. 

They scheduled trash like Holy Trinity and Bishop Timon. Then when those shit teams cancel NOW they can magically make it happen with much better teams? 

Seems fishy. Seems like they love playing garbage when they are fully capable of scheduling quality. Looks like they will only schedule quality when it risks the bottom line. Lol. 

More Georgia weak mentality at play 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The problem with scheduling for Grayson is not Grayson's fault. 

Your state has almost 500 football playing schools. You should not have that hard of a time scheduling a couple non region games per year. 

If 0-20 JV teams are willing to drive 13 hours to play you, then some Georgia team who is much better should have no issue. 

This is the bad collective mentality in Georgia it seems 

With the advent of the 7th classification, the number of teams per region in many cases was decreased leaving more open dates for non region games.  Many of our "peers" (and I use the word loosely) made the decision to no longer play us.  There are at least 3 teams of comparable size within 10 miles of us that said adios amigos!  It was okay while they were the juggernauts and we were on the rise but once we starting whipping up on them it was a different story.  Oh well, you make do with what you have.  Hence our multiple OOS games last year and this.

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Where's there a will there's a way. Look how CQ turned lemons into lemonade in just 48 hours time. #sully

I don't disagree with this but you have to remember where we come from.  Until the last expansion of classifications, there were almost too many teams to the point some classes/regions played 10 region games and there were subregions and such.  We used to have nine teams in our region resulting in eight games.  That left two open.  If we played in the Kell, that left one open.  Today, we have 6 teams in the region leaving us with 5 non region games to fill.  IT is worse for smaller regions such as the one Colquitt is in.  It takes a while to get used to filling that many games both in terms of the logistics but equally important in terms of the mindset of being willing to go OOS to find good teams.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The ironic part of Colquitt playing Sullivan and Buford playin South Pointe is those games were forced on them having the risk of losing a gate. Lol. 

They scheduled trash like Holy Trinity and Bishop Timon. Then when those shit teams cancel NOW they can magically make it happen with much better teams? 

Seems fishy. Seems like they love playing garbage when they are fully capable of scheduling quality. Looks like they will only schedule quality when it risks the bottom line. Lol. 

More Georgia weak mentality at play 

You forgot that Colquitt's first choice was another "cold feet" Florida school name of Cocoa. 

That probably still wasn't the "best" game possible but it wasn't Holy Back Out Of Contract School. 

Ot would be nice if just once in a great while you could find honesty deep down under your thumb tips. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You forgot that Colquitt's first choice was another "cold feet" Florida school name of Cocoa. 

That probably still wasn't the "best" game possible but it wasn't Holy Back Out Of Contract School. 

Ot would be nice if just once in a great while you could find honesty deep down under your thumb tips. 

Cocoa wouldnt have been a bad matchup at all

• Like 1

For teams that generally develop their own talent rather than tramsfer in kids to fill positions annually, there is actually a little bit of a need for a roody poo opponent in order to get the twos and threes some varsity game experience also.

Not saying it has to be an "ISB", but for there to be little chance of getting the younger ones in the game, the varsity starters need a little bit of a breather on the schedule.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The coach for Holy Trinity is a Cocoa alum and approached the Cocoa coach and wanted to play Colquitt. 

Cocoa never had a signed contract with Colquitt. They spoke about it but basically decided against it and forwarded Holy Trinity to them. 

Holy Trinity only took the game to showcase their running back. They were ISB with a 4 star running back. When that back left the program, he didn't want to bring a JV team up there. He was only doing it for the running back. 

Last week Holy Trinity lost to a team ranked in the 6,000's. Why do you want to schedule that so bad? 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Cocoa wouldnt have been a bad matchup at all

I don't think so either. Yet we have NoleBull running around here saying Colquitt sought out the Holy Back Out Of Contract School as a first choice.

Bishop Sullivan lost a game around the same time as Colquitt is the only reason that match up fell into place. 

It was like a message from God. Snark intended.

Colquitt should learn their lesson and not schedule fly by night church schools. 

Why isn't there any tough corn bread eatin down South Georgia team eager to earn their grits against Colquitt? 

Why do all those teams ignore the call? Tell them to man the F up. 

Whats worse? Some church school backing out because they don't want to lose by 60, or 450 schools in your own state practically black listing you?? 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The coach for Holy Trinity is a Cocoa alum and approached the Cocoa coach and wanted to play Colquitt. 

Cocoa never had a signed contract with Colquitt. They spoke about it but basically decided against it and forwarded Holy Trinity to them. 

Holy Trinity only took the game to showcase their running back. They were ISB with a 4 star running back. When that back left the program, he didn't want to bring a JV team up there. He was only doing it for the running back. 

Last week Holy Trinity lost to a team ranked in the 6,000's. Why do you want to schedule that so bad? 

I didn't want to schedule it. It was scheduled though. Contract and all.

I'm glad they backed out in all honesty, but how they did it was not honest. 

Idc about the Cocoa talks either. They were who we were seeking, and passed. Saying we went for that liar school, when cold foots Cocoa forwarded the game to us is funny too.

Colquitt fully expected Cocoa to sign. They were the team turned in to the GHSA for our original schedule. They got cold feet or school boarded or whatever and to "help" us out forwarded the liar school info as a "favor".

Lotta side winding and what not going on down that way imo.

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Colquitt should learn their lesson and not schedule fly by night church schools. 

Why isn't there any tough corn bread eatin down South Georgia team eager to earn their grits against Colquitt? 

Whats worse? Some church school backing out because they don't want to lose by 60, or 450 schools in your own state practically black listing you?? 

Ha! Neither one is good.

I do think black listing is better than wiping the proverbial behind with signed contracts though.

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

It amazes me how you blame us for scheduling them. 

But I dont see you trying to tell these schools not to play schools out of their league. 

Are you gonna do like Pops and Applaud HT and ISB for playing the #1 team in 4 different states  but piss on the teams that scheduled them? 

Its a double edged sword. As a promoter you should know that it takes 2 teams to schedule each other. 

1 school cant force the other school to play. 

And if you want the truth. These small schools seek out our larger schools and you know this. 

Because we pay well so they seek us out to get pay. 

Ask Bayside...