It was ugly but I'll take the win - Grayson 12 McEachern 7

Fred

Could it be the head coaching carousel that they've had going on up there finally catching up with them? Grayson I mean. 

I know first hand that it's difficult to admit when a team has shortcomings, but, there is some short comings up there at Grayson right now. Fred's been saying it, and we thought maybe he was sand bagging some. The off week of practice due to weather certainly could have some affect (which is partly why Colquitt will enjoy an indoor facility soon), but, weather or not, you have to find a way to practice and make it count. 

We all know that Grayson has talent again, but, if it isn't put together correctly, it's only gonna carry you so far. I can't wait to see how Grayson does next week. 

25 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Whats to address? They played a good team, to a close game. Just like last year when they won 16-13 and finished top 5 in the country. Except this year they won by 5 instead of 3.

They remain one of the best on the country. 

If you dont think so, thats great.... but just about everyone thats not a fan on this forum from California disagrees with you.

Thats about all there is to address.

Whatever.  This is worse than Bengahzi.  Next we will catch Grayson boosters Bleach Bit-ing the game tapes.

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I was hoping for some honest takes on the action.  Minus the "great defense" bluster.  I like Archer but no one mentions them and they are 2-0.  There must be some doubts about Grayson, but no one is copping to  it.  Collquit had a nice rally for a win, and seem to be improving every week.  No one talks about Roswell and they were pretty good in recent years.  Also Norcross was good, but is no longer mentioned.

A lot of good teams that are putting in the effort, but don't have much support on this board.

Archer has a few 4* and 3* athletes. But they arent winning state. They could make it deep so long as they dont get plauged with injuries.  

One of their biggest weaknesses is their Run defense. You arent gonna pass on Archer. But you can run on them. 

Overall they are a gritty squad. I dont expect Grayson to blow them out. But I expect it to be a good game.  

• Like 1

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Archer has a few 4* and 3* athletes. But they arent winning state. They could make it deep so long as they dont get plauged with injuries.  

One of their biggest weaknesses is their Run defense. You arent gonna pass on Archer. But you can run on them. 

Overall they are a gritty squad. I dont expect Grayson to blow them out. But I expect it to be a good game.  

Keep the updates coming.  I will be with them on their journey

20 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Have you boys sent the 2017 7A State Championship trophy to Moultrie/Lowndes yet? And if it's Colquitt, Uncle Rush is going to make sure that he leaves the starters in, no matter WHAT the score, just like you clowns did in 2016!

From what I heard, Rush was reaping what he has sown.  Not necessarily with us (Grayson) but with Herron.  I was right about my speculation that Jeff didn't pass to prove a point.  Take it for what it is worth.  Regardless of the crap you respond with, this is all I know and all I'll say.

19 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

WELL, you heard it here FIRST! If Colquitt truly grew up tonight in the second half, like some suppose! They gonna FUCK YOU FOOLS UP in the playoffs! You had better hope you bow out gracefuly against another stump jumper! 

You assume we won't make any improvements and that makes an ass out of you for sure.  If we can get our execution issues resolved I'm convinced we have the talent to be there at the end.

10 minutes ago, Fred said:

From what I heard, Russ was reaping what he has sown.  Not necessarily with us (Grayson) but with Herron.  I was right about my speculation that Jeff didn't pass to prove a point.  Take it for what it is worth.  Regardless of the crap you respond with, this is all I know and all I'll say.

I don't really remember Rush ever running up the score on Herron's Camden teams though. Maybe there was something else between them. I do remember Colquitt going for it on 4th down with a small lead in 2015 though. Maybe that was the one that pissed him off after Colquitt dealing with sickness and broken a/c or heat running in the locker room etc. 

Not very classy either way.

Colquitt is usually taking the victory formation when the game is well in hand. 

11 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

For a Top 10 team, you have to admit that beating the #35 in state ranked team by 5 points......is concerning

No joke.  I've voiced my concerns here but no one seemed to listen.  After the past couple of weeks I'm convinced we have the talent and skills to go far but we *have* to resolve the execution issues or it will be a frustrating year.  I think we will be fine come region if the injuries are healed but I'll be honest, I have concerns about next week.  The first 5 games this year  (minus one of course) are tough considering new coach and how much talent we graduated last year.  We do have some guys that are freaky good.  I saw our 300+lb defensive line that squats 650 (for now :D) hustling to the sideline to beat the next play and he was moving like a guy 100lbs lighter.

We will have to see how it goes next week.  After John Curtis we have a bye and then ISB (I know) before Ramsey comes to town to try to avenge their loss from last year.  I still think we will be playing in late November and have an excellent shot to be there in December.

By the way, thanks for the opportunity for real discussion and not the normal crap that goes on.

1 minute ago, Fred said:

No joke.  I've voiced my concerns here but no one seemed to listen.  After the past couple of weeks I'm convinced we have the talent and skills to go far but we *have* to resolve the execution issues or it will be a frustrating year.  I think we will be fine come region if the injuries are healed but I'll be honest, I have concerns about next week.  The first 5 games this year  (minus one of course) are tough considering new coach and how much talent we graduated last year.  We do have some guys that are freaky good.  I saw our 300+lb defensive line that squats 650 (for now :D) hustling to the sideline to beat the next play and he was moving like a guy 100lbs lighter.

We will have to see how it goes next week.  After John Curtis we have a bye and then ISB (I know) before Ramsey comes to town to try to avenge their loss from last year.  I still think we will be playing in late November and have an excellent shot to be there in December.

By the way, thanks for the opportunity for real discussion and not the normal crap that goes on.

Be careful... He's setting little Sammy traps all over the place. 

Image result for setting traps gif

xD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't really remember Rush ever running up the score on Herron's Camden teams though. Maybe there was something else between them. I do remember Colquitt going for it on 4th down with a small lead in 2015 though. Maybe that was the one that pissed him off after Colquitt dealing with sickness and broken a/c or heat running in the locker room etc. 

I was a little surprised by what I heard but it actually was after Jeff left and I have no reason to doubt the source.  It kind of makes sense with the way the game plan ran.  Who knows.

Yea, we normally chill towards the end as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fred said:

I was a little surprised by what I heard but it actually was after Jeff left and I have no reason to doubt the source.  It kind of makes sense with the way the game plan ran.  Who knows.

Yea, we normally chill towards the end as well.

8 hours ago, Fred said:

Im sorry Fred where you saying something ?

21 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I came on this thread with good intentions, to learn about Ga teams and support the state.  Then I got hammered by the locals.

Come now Sammy,I've never reated you poorly, or withheld hospitality. Or hammered California football. The difference really, is that it's legal to stack a public school team in California ( and most states without a history of discrimination in school zoning), simply due to Georgia ( and most of the deep South, with a few exclusions in Florida and NC) still being under mandatory school desegregation rulings. DOJ will probably lift those sooner than later as demographic shifts no longer require said rulings.There are a few open enrollment holes in the state, and a few of the private schools may beheading where Marist, Westminster, Woodward,or Lovett have yet to. But for the most part, it's still neighborhood , "My side of town vs your side of town." Should be interesting, if in a few years, Georgia goes statewide open enrollment like say, Arizona. In that scenario,  a few Rush Probst types in  Metro Atlanta schools, with unfettered access to any kid Fulton, DeKalb, Cobb, and Gwinnett, will be fun to watch. 

2 hours ago, JCGIII said:

Come now Sammy,I've never reated you poorly, or withheld hospitality. Or hammered California football. The difference really, is that it's legal to stack a public school team in California ( and most states without a history of discrimination in school zoning), simply due to Georgia ( and most of the deep South, with a few exclusions in Florida and NC) still being under mandatory school desegregation rulings. DOJ will probably lift those sooner than later as demographic shifts no longer require said rulings.There are a few open enrollment holes in the state, and a few of the private schools may beheading where Marist, Westminster, Woodward,or Lovett have yet to. But for the most part, it's still neighborhood , "My side of town vs your side of town." Should be interesting, if in a few years, Georgia goes statewide open enrollment like say, Arizona. In that scenario,  a few Rush Probst types in  Metro Atlanta schools, with unfettered access to any kid Fulton, DeKalb, Cobb, and Gwinnett, will be fun to watch. 

Welcome "back"

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Back when he was talking to the Valdosta foks about a full time gig he reportedly said something along the lines of his Hoover team would drop 49 on Lowndes, and no wing t team would beat him. Guess Herron, like McPhearson (51-0) couldn't resist.  And if Rushbo gets his chance, he'll drop half a hundred on Grayson in a skinny minute.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Im sorry Fred where you saying something ?

It was on a thread with HawgGoneIt about Jeff and Rush.  I've been saying for three weeks or more that I was concerned.  If you go back and reread threads with discussions about Grayson there have been others that were much more enthusiastic than I about how good we may or may not be.

1 hour ago, JCGIII said:
19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Back when he was talking to the Valdosta foks about a full time gig he reportedly said something along the lines of his Hoover team would drop 49 on Lowndes, and no wing t team would beat him. Guess Herron, like McPhearson (51-0) couldn't resist.  And if Rushbo gets his chance, he'll drop half a hundred on Grayson in a skinny minute.

I really don't know the origins nor the reasoning.  I know we did not pass near in that game as much as we normally did last year.  I don't know if it was something between them due to games played or if Jeff was going to prove that the running game was every bit as good as the spread or what.  I just know I was told there was a point being made. {shrugs}

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fred said:

I really don't know the origins nor the reasoning.  I know we did not pass near in that game as much as we normally did last year.  I don't know if it was something between them due to games played or if Jeff was going to prove that the running game was every bit as good as the spread or what.  I just know I was told there was a point being made. {shrugs}

A transferred up All-star team could beat those depleted Packers regardless of the type of offense they ran. Wasn't much to be proven their except stroking his ego it sounds like.

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2017 at 3:40 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Cain't pass on ARCHER? REALLY? Colquitt torched Jamyus Williams on a forty yd. score, before he defected to Gayson!

On 9/3/2017 at 10:10 AM, JCGIII said:

I truly hope that doesn't happen here in GA.  It seems more fun to see neighborhood (for the most part) kids go at it every Fall Friday.  When  kids migrate to any schoo, that is not private, it appears to take the rivalry aspect from the games themselves.