It was ugly but I'll take the win - Grayson 12 McEachern 7

Fred

I've been saying for some time we had issues and no one seemed to listen.  Tonight they came home to roost.  The defense kept us in the game as they usually do.  The offense just couldn't get clicking.  McEachern has a good team and a good defense, don't get wrong.  We just made it easy for them most of the night.  We couldn't seem to string anything together.  We would have a good play or series and then would look like rec ball...and that's being rude to rec ball.  Our D stood strong most of the night although we had the penalty bug.  I heard the practices weren't great this week.  I just hope this wakes everyone on the team up and makes them realize they need to play better.  Sometimes you have ugly games that you just have to figure out how to win.  Hopefully this is our ugly win for the year.  In the end it is the W/L that counts and we came out of it with a W.

I will say the play was very physical and we had a few significant injuries.  I hope John Curtis is having a bad week next week or it will be a long bus ride home for sure.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fred said:

I've been saying for some time we had issues and no one seemed to listen.  Tonight they came home to roost.  The defense kept us in the game as they usually do.  The offense just couldn't get clicking.  McEachern has a good team an a good defense, don't get wrong.  We just made it easy for them most of the night.  We couldn't seem to string anything together.  We would have a good play or series and then would would look like rec ball...and that's being rude to rec ball.  Our D stood strong most of the night although we had the penalty bug.  I heard the practices weren't great this week.  I just hope this wakes everyone on the team up and makes them realize they need to play better.  Sometimes you have ugly games that you just have to figure out how to win.  Hopefully this is our ugly win for the year.  In the end it is the W/L that counts and we came out of it with a W.

I will say the play was very physical and we had a few significant injuries.  I hope John Curtis is having a bad week next week or it will be a long bus ride home for sure.

What Injuries? 

45 minutes ago, Fred said:

I've been saying for some time we had issues and no one seemed to listen.  Tonight they came home to roost.  The defense kept us in the game as they usually do.  The offense just couldn't get clicking.  McEachern has a good team and a good defense, don't get wrong.  We just made it easy for them most of the night.  We couldn't seem to string anything together.  We would have a good play or series and then would look like rec ball...and that's being rude to rec ball.  Our D stood strong most of the night although we had the penalty bug.  I heard the practices weren't great this week.  I just hope this wakes everyone on the team up and makes them realize they need to play better.  Sometimes you have ugly games that you just have to figure out how to win.  Hopefully this is our ugly win for the year.  In the end it is the W/L that counts and we came out of it with a W.

Have you boys sent the 2017 7A State Championship trophy to Moultrie/Lowndes yet? And if it's Colquitt, Uncle Rush is going to make sure that he leaves the starters in, no matter WHAT the score, just like you clowns did in 2016!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Fred said:

Broken collarbone, MCL sprain, a hand injury that made the center's hand swell so bad he couldn't hike the ball well the last two downs.  And no, I didn't catch who some of the injuries were to.  Dang baby boomer ears.

WELL, you heard it here FIRST! If Colquitt truly grew up tonight in the second half, like some suppose! They gonna FUCK YOU FOOLS UP in the playoffs! You had better hope you bow out gracefuly against another stump jumper! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

WELL, you heard it here FIRST! If Colquitt truly grew up tonight in the second half, like some suppose! They gonna FUCK YOU FOOLS UP in the playoffs! You had better hope you bow out gracefuly against another stump jumper! 

We played 1 good quarter last night. That is it. Gonna have to do better than that to live up to the hype you put out on here. Offense gave up ANOTHER (3) Touchdown. The defense showed up as usual.

4 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

You were there. Do you think Colquitt grew up at half time or do you think the staff found something and took advantage in the second half? 

I'm just gonna say... It was great seeing Rush get that swag/strut up and down the sideline going right after half time. It coincided perfectly with the rhythm of the game. I think I even saw the first real Rush fist pump of the season on that first drive of the second half. 

Image result for gus malzahn fist pump gif

11 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Our games ain't supposed to be pretty! When you're a state who takes pride in defense, expect a lot of ugly wins. That's how it is in the Peach State.

I can't tell if it's good defense or bad offense...probably a little of both.I was impressed with Cartersville offense though 

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

For good reason...?

1-14... oh wait, 2-14 now...

DLS was 3-6 the last 10 years in OOS games, made it to 4-6... grats on that, youre really piling on in the W column

Cowetta boy frustrated by SoCal guy so fires back at DLS's OOS record

which is the Achille's heal for a proud program in NorCal 

they also have a better win now than anyone in GA is able to get this year because y'all avoided playing anyone good and prefer the FL School for dead and Blind or CA teams outside the top 100 in CA 

"wahoo we won!  We won!"