It was ugly but I'll take the win - Grayson 12 McEachern 7

Fred

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

For Starters... Grayson mustering up a staggering 12 points vs. the #35 state ranked team.  And don't bother arguing that the #35 State ranked team in Ga has a nationally elite defense

At least five grayson credit for not playing a Blind and Deaf girls school like most top GA teams

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

For Starters... Grayson mustering up a staggering 12 points vs. the #35 state ranked team.  And don't bother arguing that the #35 State ranked team in Ga has a nationally elite defense

Im still trying to figure out who the hell ranked Mceachern #35 in state.... 

But since we're making BS rankings... 

MD is #7,Bishop Amat #3,DLS #9 and VM #1. 

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Im still trying to figure out who the hell ranked Mceachern #35 in state.... 

26 McEachern (Powder Springs, GA)   team preview   trend Georgia AAAAAAA Region 3 AAAAAAA 0-2 0-0 0-2 38.6 70.1 5-0
WINS: none, LOSSES: #10 Grayson (Loganville, GA) (12-7), #193 Mill Creek (Hoschton, GA) (23-19)

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

I came on this thread with good intentions, to learn about Ga teams and support the state.  Then I got hammered by the locals.

Fine then. What teams do you want to know about... 

Because if you rely on CP. Then you'll be misguided. 

Mceachern that low? Hell no... 

Mceachern is most definitely top 15 in state... 

10 hours ago, Fred said:

I've been saying for some time we had issues and no one seemed to listen.  Tonight they came home to roost.  The defense kept us in the game as they usually do.  The offense just couldn't get clicking.  McEachern has a good team and a good defense, don't get wrong.  We just made it easy for them most of the night.  We couldn't seem to string anything together.  We would have a good play or series and then would look like rec ball...and that's being rude to rec ball.  Our D stood strong most of the night although we had the penalty bug.  I heard the practices weren't great this week.  I just hope this wakes everyone on the team up and makes them realize they need to play better.  Sometimes you have ugly games that you just have to figure out how to win.  Hopefully this is our ugly win for the year.  In the end it is the W/L that counts and we came out of it with a W.

I will say the play was very physical and we had a few significant injuries.  I hope John Curtis is having a bad week next week or it will be a long bus ride home for sure.

While taking to sum last night, they only had one legit practice on the field  last week due to weather the rest were walkthoughs in the school

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Fine then. What teams do you want to know about... 

Because if you rely on CP. Then you'll be misguided. 

Mceachern that low? Hell no... 

Mceachern is most definitely top 15 in state... 

I was hoping for some honest takes on the action.  Minus the "great defense" bluster.  I like Archer but no one mentions them and they are 2-0.  There must be some doubts about Grayson, but no one is copping to  it.  Collquit had a nice rally for a win, and seem to be improving every week.  No one talks about Roswell and they were pretty good in recent years.  Also Norcross was good, but is no longer mentioned.

A lot of good teams that are putting in the effort, but don't have much support on this board.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Damn what's w all the shitting on Georgia? 

Sorry collateral damage for echs shitting on the sanctity of game thread civility even after several warnings

There were 3 defacation events in DLS game thread, all by Georgians, but at least other two stopped when reminded of game thread rules 

echs who knows them very well because he was involved in creating them took the "they're not written down..... incan say what I want/ where i want" tact that's really more indicative of a west cowetta tough than someone reared on the soft east side

bur, there's a price to pay 💰 

• Like 1

They don't have a "nationally elite defense" or whatever the hell that means.... but you really gotta do your homework on McEachern.

Grayson had a sloppy performance on O yesterday against a tough defense. Same thing happened last year.

And why do you and your Cali brethren get so caught up in rankings? 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

They don't have a "nationally elite defense" or whatever the hell that means.... but you really gotta do your homework on McEachern.

Grayson had a sloppy performance on O yesterday against a tough defense. Same thing happened last year.

And why do you and your Cali brethren get so caught up in rankings? 

Ratings are just a reference point my friend.  In state ratings are relevant.  McEachern was adjusted up from #35 to #26 due to the close game with State #1 Grayson. 

Grayson is purported to be a Nationally relevant Top 10 team.  Their results will be micro inspected, as they should be.  Would be refreshing for some honest takes from their supporters so us OOS guys don't have to hold up the mirror.

23 minutes ago, Pops said:

Sorry collateral damage for echs shitting on the sanctity of game thread civility even after several warnings

There were 3 defacation events in DLS game thread, all by Georgians, but at least other two stopped when reminded of game thread rules 

echs who knows them very well because he was involved in creating them took the "they're not written down..... incan say what I want/ where i want" tact that's really more indicative of a west cowetta tough than someone reared on the soft east side

Fair enough. Proceed ha 

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Ratings are just a reference point my friend.  In state ratings are relevant.  McEachern was adjusted up from #35 to #26 due to the close game with State #1 Grayson. 

Grayson is purported to be a Nationally relevant Top 10 team.  Their results will be micro inspected, as they should be.  Would be refreshing for some honest takes from their supporters so us OOS guys don't have to hold up the mirror.

Gotcha

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Lol... like you can make anybody pay anything Pops. Noone cares what you say.

You think if something someone says hurts your feelings they cant say it in a game thread. Thats not how it works dandelion.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

McEachern was #4 in state last year... they were put at #35 because of the talent they lost last this offseason.

That doesnt mean as much with McEachern. They are always good and always have talent and are well coached.

They also have some of the best facilities in the state.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

McEachern was #4 in state last year... they were put at #35 because of the talent they lost last this offseason.

That doesnt mean as much with McEachern. They are always good and always have talent and are well coached.

They also have some of the best facilities in the state.

Got it.  But no one has addressed Grayson's performance 

Got it.  But no one has addressed Grayson's performance 

Whats to address? They played a good team, to a close game. Just like last year when they won 16-13 and finished top 5 in the country. Except this year they won by 5 instead of 3.

They remain one of the best on the country. 

If you dont think so, thats great.... but just about everyone thats not a fan on this forum from California disagrees with you.

Thats about all there is to address.