Bama 24 Florida State 7

steeler01

10 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Special teams miscues won this game.

And the Alabama defense forcing Florida State into eight straight three and outs. 

ONE second half first down. QB threw back to bck interceptions. Got sacked twice. All of this talk about the AWFUL Alabama offense, yet they outgained Florida State and had more first downs. And didn't turn it over. 

Lot of ugliness. Ran Jalen hurts way too much. He scrambled too much but Florida state's defensive line is outstanding. He kept composure and ran for 60 yards. Did enough. Missed two easy field goals. Should've been 30-7. 

I guess you can can try and make it closer if you want tho   

5 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

And the Alabama defense forcing Florida State into eight straight three and outs. 

ONE second half first down. QB threw back to bck interceptions. Got sacked twice. All of this talk about the AWFUL Alabama offense, yet they outgained Florida State and had more first downs. And didn't turn it over.    

Neither offense was moving the ball. 

Bama scored 14 points in the 2nd half.  11 of those 14 came off of these drives

4 plays -1 yard

1 play 11 yards

The ST decided the game.

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Neither offense was moving the ball. 

Bama scored 14 points in the 2nd half.  11 of those 14 came off of these drives

4 plays -1 yard

1 play 11 yards

The ST decided the game.

And the defense. 

Florida State had seven points with 13 minutes left in the second quarter. The finished with seven points. 

Hopefully Daboll will update the Tide's offense.  Came from the Patriots so knows what a creative offense looks like.  I think they do better with a drop back passer like McCarron.  Yes they win, but with a better offense probably going for their 4th straight NC.  They have been that loaded.

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

And the defense. 

Florida State had seven points with 13 minutes left in the second quarter. The finished with seven points. 

Yes and the defense.

I'm not sure that defense can beat an offense whose WR's will be able to get separation. Bama doesn't have the DL like last year that could get pressure without blitzing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Yes and the defense.

I'm not sure that defense can beat an offense whose WR's will be able to get separation. Bama doesn't have the DL like last year that could get pressure without blitzing.

I agree they needed to blitz tonight but it worked in the end. Don't have the same pass rush but I think they'll continue to create pressure. Not many have the talent Florida state does. And while their receivers aren't household names they made some plays tonight. A few of the blitzes though forced quick inaccurate throws. Think the picks were just bad choices. 

Hate that injury for Francois. NFL MD guy on twitter thinks it's season ending 

8 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I agree they needed to blitz tonight but it worked in the end. Don't have the same pass rush but I think they'll continue to create pressure. Not many have the talent Florida state does. And while their receivers aren't household names they made some plays tonight. A few of the blitzes though forced quick inaccurate throws. Think the picks were just bad choices. 

Hate that injury for Francois. NFL MD guy on twitter thinks it's season ending 

Francois' knee was already obviously swollen as they took him off the field.  It didn't look good for sure. 

30 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

A few teams Alabama better watchout for the entire SEC west this year. 

Everyone is out to get them. 

And quite a few of them have the weapons to beat Alabama. 

Especially LSU,A&M and Auburn.... 

Tennessee might have a legit shot this year. 

Every year teams are out to get Bama because they are pretty much the standard bearer in college football since the arrival of Saban.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Every year teams are out to get Bama because they are pretty much the standard bearer in college football since the arrival of Saban.

I could see Alabama getting an L or 2 this year though... 

Although they could go undefeated. 

I dont see it happening. 

If Auburn ever decides that they wanna play Offense they could be a legitimate threat...

Auburn shouldve beat Clemson last year.

They had 5 red zone trips and came away with no TD each time....  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Are you a betting man?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Tenn was better last year Bama beat them 49-10 in Knoxville.  Wanna bet this years game straight  up say for a $1000.

Vandy put 45 on  Tenn last year. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Lot of ugliness. Ran Jalen hurts way too much. He scrambled too much but Florida state's defensive line is outstanding. He kept composure and ran for 60 yards. Did enough. Missed two easy field goals. Should've been 30-7. 

I guess you can can try and make it closer if you want tho   

Just got home from game. Two of top 3 defenses you will see this year. Ugly for both offenses, but give the nasty defenses credit for that look. I imagine few teams (make that no team) would have started off the season looking in top form against the quality of defense in ATL last night. Hope FSU QB isn't hurt too bad, would love a rematch in CFP. Roll Tide !!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bormio said:

Hopefully Daboll will update the Tide's offense.  Came from the Patriots so knows what a creative offense looks like.  I think they do better with a drop back passer like McCarron.  Yes they win, but with a better offense probably going for their 4th straight NC.  They have been that loaded.

Agree on this. Tua the true freshman QB(drop back passer) will get a lot of playing time the next two games and then a decision might be made on those results of who leads the team afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Agree on this. Tua the true freshman QB(drop back passer) will get a lot of playing time the next two games and then a decision might be made on those results of who leads the team afterwards.

I agree with Tua playing a lot these next few weeks but do not see Jalen losing this job. He wasn't bad at all last night 

5 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Bama has heard this noise the last 4 years. I don't think any of those teams have anymore talent than FSU. Most, if not all , have less!!! Pretty sure as a first game to measure where the team is, Saban has plenty to work on to get this team to another championship...