LOSER, 954, Golf, Zoe, etc. etc.

181pl

All games cancelled. But that's just another typical over-reaction from the powers that be. The excuse was that the schools will be shelters. For who, I don't know. I guess some folks coming up from the south but if that's the case, most people would go past Tampa to get farther away from the storm. 

Well, after finally completing all the renovations on Hard Rock Stadium, those improvements sure are going to be put to the test. I read that the stadium is built to withstand a category 4 hurricane. I guess we'll find out soon enough if that's true or not. Reports indicate it should be a 4 by the time it hits Miami, though I suppose it could be 5 still.

10 hours ago, 181pl said:

Stay safe. Get the hell out of there. Come over to Tampa. Shouldn't be that bad here unless there is an unexpected turn.

lol it's all good fam... I stay not to far from Hardrock so we good here.. Just finished putting up the shutters.. Hey I survived Andrew as a jit... I'm ready again!!! We're survivors down here!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zoe Boy said:

lol it's all good fam... I stay not to far from Hardrock so we good here.. Just finished putting up the shutters.. Hey I survived Andrew as a jit... I'm ready again!!! We're survivors down here!!!

But Irma is worse than Andrew. 

Just stay safe... 

I need to get in contact with my mom shes in Sarasota near the beachfront area....

They keep adjusting the path westward, making the new center for landfall at Key Largo and staying west instead of bouncing back into the ocean as first told. Looks like Tuesday-Wednesday the eye of then tropical storm Irma would be on top of Macon, Georgia. The move to stay put for Rufus is starting to look like the best move, as North Morven looks to take a possible direct hit from a Category 1 storm. 75-100 mph winds sustained for any amount of time is nothing nice in the pecans and pines of south Georgia. 

Stay safe down there gentlemen. I'm thinking it's probably too late to run for people like Zoe so I'm thinking of you man. I hope you made the right choice. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They keep adjusting the path westward, making the new center for landfall at Key Largo and staying west instead of bouncing back into the ocean as first told. Looks like Tuesday-Wednesday the eye of then tropical storm Irma would be on top of Macon, Georgia. The move to stay put for Rufus is starting to look like the best move, as North Morven looks to take a possible direct hit from a Category 1 storm. 75-100 mph winds sustained for any amount of time is nothing nice in the pecans and pines of south Georgia. 

Stay safe down there gentlemen. I'm thinking it's probably too late to run for people like Zoe so I'm thinking of you man. I hope you made the right choice. 

Hurricane Jeanne and Alberto all over again... I wasnt aroumd for Alberto but I heard it literally got to GA and stalled.... cost the state 3 billion dollars... 

59 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Thanks for the love but we're gonna be alright (Kendrick Lamar voice)... We been through many storms... This one is gonna be a tough cookie but we're resilient down here and this gonna put my house to test... my house was built in 2008... 

6 hours ago, 954gator said:

181p you better start getting ready too my friend.   Looks like it might have shifted a bit west.  

If it shifts any more west were F'd. The geography of Tampa Bay is unique. It is a very shallow body of water (less than 100 feet) and it has a low lying peninsula (S. Tampa, where I live) in the middle. If the hurricane hugs the coast, the counterclockwise wind will push all of the water in our bay over peninsular Tampa. If it is a strong enough hurricane, we'll have water to or over our roofs. No place to run. 

I'm boarding up tonight and hauling ass tomorrow if it shifts any more west.

• Sad 1