Lowndes Baseball sweeps nationally ranked #12 parkview to win the 7A state championship

Ga96

To say this team was an underdog would be an understatement.

Even after winning game 1 they were still picked to lose the series.

Ole parkview went as far as to pick up a transfer the week of the playoffs to try to win this one all those transfers and still lost.

It feels better when you do it the right way. Parkview was classless the entire series from the hc to the players talking back to umps and even players going as far as talking to lowndes coaches. They definitely needed that humbling. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

To say this team was an underdog would be an understatement.

Even after winning game 1 they were still picked to lose the series.

Ole parkview went as far as to pick up a transfer the week of the playoffs to try to win this one all those transfers and still lost.

It feels better when you do it the right way. Parkview was classless the entire series from the hc to the players talking back to umps and even players going as far as talking to lowndes coaches. They definitely needed that humbling. 

Congrats

• Like 1

Congrats way to end the 22-23 school year. Baseball and basketball a lot of the time is who gets hot during playoff time not what happened 2 months before. 

Hoover baseball did not even make the playoffs this year. We probably need a fresh start after the coach allowed himself to be suspended this year by the AHSAA for the team USA deal. No excuse for not at least making the playoffs with the talent we had this year no matter if you let a guy that works at the local liquor store coach the team.  

Congrats.

sitting in the gym and Baby Sweets awards ceremony last night, we have a shat ton of track and field championships. Marietta seems to dominate track and field for whatever reason. Just odd.

I expect a big year this year from lowends. I remember you telling me the class of 25 was winning state. They’re juniors in the fall so they should be in the running. 

50 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Congrats.

sitting in the gym and Baby Sweets awards ceremony last night, we have a shat ton of track and field championships. Marietta seems to dominate track and field for whatever reason. Just odd.

I expect a big year this year from lowends. I remember you telling me the class of 25 was winning state. They’re juniors in the fall so they should be in the running. 

Is Marietta's football coaches job safe ? Just wondering with his record his seat has got to be getting hot. If you take out the state title year his record is 23-46.

23 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

96, you forgot to post the list of transfers Lowndes had on the team. 

https://twitter.com/ProspectWire/status/1217091650083749888

Big difference transferring in 3 years ago vs 3 weeks ago. 

3 years equals wanting to be part of the community.

3 weeks ago just chasing a ring and a gun for hire.

Another idiot move by the GHSA to allow a kid to transfer during the playoffs or at the start of the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Big difference transferring in 3 years ago vs 3 weeks ago. 

3 years equals wanting to be part of the community.

3 weeks ago just chasing a ring and a gun for hire.

Another idiot move by the GHSA to allow a kid to transfer during the playoffs or at the start of the playoffs.

Not according to 96. He lists all the transfers for other schools, some who moved in middle school. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Is Marietta's football coaches job safe ? Just wondering with his record his seat has got to be getting hot. If you take out the state title year his record is 23-46.

I don’t know. I’m not one who makes those decisions. 

He could play a bunch of scrub teams and pad his record but he plays the best teams he can work with every year. He doesn’t schedule teams we will beat by 50 for whatever reason. 

I imagine it’ll come down to the expectations of the board and superintendent. They seem good with him so that’s that. I will support whoever is my Sons coach. Don’t always agree with the way everything shakes out, but that’d be the same with any coach we had. 

Marietta can go into most southern schools and poach their coach because they’re willing to pay well. That’s why hoover loses coaches to Georgia, despite having a grand total of three competitive schools they play against in alabama. Usually about the money. 

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

I don’t know. I’m not one who makes those decisions. 

He could play a bunch of scrub teams and pad his record but he plays the best teams he can work with every year. He doesn’t schedule teams we will beat by 50 for whatever reason. 

I imagine it’ll come down to the expectations of the board and superintendent. They seem good with him so that’s that. I will support whoever is my Sons coach. Don’t always agree with the way everything shakes out, but that’d be the same with any coach we had. 

Marietta can go into most southern schools and poach their coach because they’re willing to pay well. That’s why hoover loses coaches to Georgia, despite having a grand total of three competitive schools they play against in alabama. Usually about the money. 

Wrong Niblett left so he could double dip he had his 25 years in Alabama. Several schools wanted him several years before  he went to Gainesville.

I guess the board and superintendent are happy with him even though less the title year your coach has a averaged less than 1 playoff win a year. I sense the involvement of women or men who think like women from the board and superintendent. I just know Marietta has everything in place to be a final 4 playoff team most years.

Does Marietta pay better than say Colquitt, Lee County, Lowndes, Camden County or Valdosta?

35 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Wrong Niblett left so he could double dip he had his 25 years in Alabama. Several schools wanted him several years before  he went to Gainesville.

I guess the board and superintendent are happy with him even though less the title year your coach has a averaged less than 1 playoff win a year. I sense the involvement of women or men who think like women from the board and superintendent. I just know Marietta has everything in place to be a final 4 playoff team most years.

Does Marietta pay better than say Colquitt, Lee County, Lowndes, Camden County or Valdosta?

Not this season. Have played camden a few times recently and Colquitt a few years ago. Lowndes I’m the playoffs and I don’t recall valdosta I’m event memory.

And as soon as nibbles got that pension he bounced because y’all don’t pay those guys well enough. So you’re half right. 

Curious. What does an average alabama HSFB coach make?

24 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Not this season. Have played camden a few times recently and Colquitt a few years ago. Lowndes I’m the playoffs and I don’t recall valdosta I’m event memory.

And as soon as nibbles got that pension he bounced because y’all don’t pay those guys well enough. So you’re half right. 

I don't know the average.  But Nibs was making 138k at Hoover plus booster club.

Some quick math if Nibs stays in Alabama unless he goes to a private school he can't double dip.

Metro Atl must not pay that good coaches leave Gwinnett county ever year. Example Adam Carter leaving Grayson for Lowndes. 

Thompson people say Freeman makes 200k or close to it.

38 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I don't know the average.  But Nibs was making 138k at Hoover plus booster club.

Some quick math if Nibs stays in Alabama unless he goes to a private school he can't double dip.

Metro Atl must not pay that good coaches leave Gwinnett county ever year. Example Adam Carter leaving Grayson for Lowndes. 

Thompson people say Freeman makes 200k or close to it.

There’s salary then the “extras” makes the difference. That’s up to the boosters. I have heard rumors of Coach Morgan’s “extras” are but do not know if they’re factual. 

Apparently they don’t pay shit in Virginia, but not positive. I would never blame him for leaving virgins for Marietta as far as areas go. That’s meaningful as well. 

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

There’s salary then the “extras” makes the difference. That’s up to the boosters. I have heard rumors of Coach Morgan’s “extras” are but do not know if they’re factual. 

Apparently they don’t pay shit in Virginia, but not positive. I would never blame him for leaving virgins for Marietta as far as areas go. That’s meaningful as well. 

I know this Alabama and Georgia pay more than Florida, Tennessee or Mississippi.

On 5/18/2023 at 11:26 AM, Sweetlarry said:

To be fair, you only played Colquitt when we came to y'all. Something came up the year you guys were supposed to come to us.... We don't usually treat Blue Devils well in the Hawg Pen so I aint mad at ya. 

3 hours ago, Iletteredintrack said:

To be fair, you only played Colquitt when we came to y'all. Something came up the year you guys were supposed to come to us.... We don't usually treat Blue Devils well in the Hawg Pen so I aint mad at ya. 

I believe we were supposed to come down the year before you came to Marietta. Covid messed that up.

We’ve traveled to DC and camden, so I don’t think there’s anything about Colquitt that’s worrisome other than lack of accommodations for fans and team. I hope we make the trip next year, if we are still at Marietta. Would love to come down. 

• Like 1