I thought Texas College football sucked

Texasball

TCU looking pretty good ranked at #9 in the country.   Beat Arkansas and Okie State on the road.  Giving them chance to make some noise if they can continue improving.

Since 2000 - TCU has lead the country in total defense 5 times only Alabama with 6 can top that.

Programs improving so far this year -  UTSA 3-0 #2 so far this year in total defense nationally -  Texas Tech - had solid win over Arizona state and Houston - Houston had beat Arizona - SMU is much improved this year - North Texas gets win over UAB this week.  UT will be back to winning ways sooner than later.

Sam Houston ranked #3 in FCS  beat Nicholls State and them Rummel boys 66-17 this week

Texas A&M Commerce #3 in Div 2

Mary Hardin Baylor #1 in Div 3 - defending National Champions

Hardin Simmons #7 in Div 3

Anyone that said TX college ball sucks is a moron.  The State supplies most of the OOS teams with players who come back and beat the TX teams.  No where is this worse then FL - the announcers in the Raiders game last night were joking about how Khalil Mack wasn't recruited any FL schools lol that's insane.  Watching that game  I haven't seen a safety fly to the ball like Karl Joseph in a long time - guy looks like he will be a star to me and the announcers noticed it as well.  FL barely keeps any talent in State - the coaches and recruiters there are awful - by far the worst in the nation.

As for TX football - its the best and always has been with all aspects of the game considered.    Acknowledging that is a simple fact of being a football man to me.   Fl has more raw talent especially on a per cap basis.  Acknowledging these things are  simple facts of being a football fan to me yet it seems a lot of guys on this board use random meaningless high school games to make  a statement about a State in general - lol that's a joke and shows amateur status

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

TCU looking pretty good ranked at #9 in the country.   Beat Arkansas and Okie State on the road.  Giving them chance to make some noise if they can continue improving.

Since 2000 - TCU has lead the country in total defense 5 times only Alabama with 6 can top that.

Programs improving so far this year -  UTSA 3-0 #2 so far this year in total defense nationally -  Texas Tech - had solid win over Arizona state and Houston - Houston had beat Arizona - SMU is much improved this year - North Texas gets win over UAB this week.  UT will be back to winning ways sooner than later.

Sam Houston ranked #3 in FCS  beat Nicholls State and them Rummel boys 66-17 this week

Oh noooooow yalll wanna pay attention to TAMU-C.....

I live across the street from the stadium....I Know ALLLLLLL about them...as well as the high school that plays there (They need work lol)

The big game is coming up against Midwestern State...The ONE team that has given the Lions fits the past couple of years...

Worth watching if ya fallow DII.

4 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Anyone that said TX college ball sucks is a moron.  The State supplies most of the OOS teams with players who come back and beat the TX teams.  No where is this worse then FL - the announcers in the Raiders game last night were joking about how Khalil Mack wasn't recruited any FL schools lol that's insane.  Watching that game  I haven't seen a safety fly to the ball like Karl Joseph in a long time - guy looks like he will be a star to me and the announcers noticed it as well.  FL barely keeps any talent in State - the coaches and recruiters there are awful - by far the worst in the nation.

As for TX football - its the best and always has been with all aspects of the game considered.    Acknowledging that is a simple fact of being a football man to me.   Fl has more raw talent especially on a per cap basis.  Acknowledging these things are  simple facts of being a football fan to me yet it seems a lot of guys on this board use random meaningless high school games to make  a statement about a State in general - lol that's a joke and shows amateur status

I agree...Someone made thread after week 1 of the season saying Texas College Football sucks when A&M lost in the 4th qrt to UCLA and Texas got beat by Maryland.

6 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

FL barely keeps any talent in State - the coaches and recruiters there are awful - by far the worst in the nation.

NJ says hold my beer... one FBS school in the state and the top 8 rated in the '18 class 4 stars or better, Rutgers verbals = 0.   

You need to scroll down to #24 on the composite ratings list in NJ to see Rutgers first verbal, #36 is their 2nd verbal currently.  

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?State=NJ

Miami has 11 verbals from Florida currently rated 4 stars or higher in the '18 class.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

NJ says hold my beer... one FBS school in the state and the top 8 rated in the '18 class 4 stars or better, Rutgers verbals = 0   

You need to scroll down to #24 on the composite ratings list in NJ to see their first verbal, #36 is their 2nd verbal currently.  

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?State=NJ

Miami has 11 verbals from Florida currently rated 4 stars or higher in the '18 class.  

Rutgers is terrible at keeping in state top talent. And you have to give it to Mark Richt hes doing a great job recruiting. 

6 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

And what you said told us basically NOTHING to do with the state of Texas COLLEGE Football....As you basically just used the "players going out-of-state" card...Every State has this amigo (Check Louisiana's history...)

The 2 Oklahoma Schools are doing better than a majority of your Texas College teams with Texas Players...

At least TCU beat Okie Lite Saturday....They'll have to carry the state this year because Texas is "rebuilding" and A&M is lucky they're not 1-2...

We'll see about Sam Houston State....They're basically what McNeese State (LA) WAS....The SLC Power that can't win the big one for some reason....

11 hours ago, Texasball said:

I have an idea! Why don't you North Mexicoians form an All Star team, and play UGA?

2 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

I have an idea! Why don't you North Mexicoians form an All Star team, and play UGA?

What has Georgia done?  The last 4 years they are 8-5, 10-3, 10-3, 8-5 

9 wins vs Nicholls, ULafayette, LA Monroe, Southern Univ, Georgia Southern, Troy, Charleston Southern, N. Texas, Appalachian State - we can only wonder how many more losses your boys might have if they scheduled someone with pulse in non conference. 

Make no mistake about it the SEC East has not been all that strong.  Yet even Vanderbilt has found way to beat Georgia.

When is the last time you guys won a meaningful SEC contest?

Georgia doesn't strike fear in anyone!