Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

5 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Hawg how is that?  I freaking love Key Lime Pie.  How “tart” we talking?

You have to keep in mind that I'm not a huge fan of the sours, but, I do love Key Lime pie myself, so I had to buy a 4 pack to try. 

I'm an instant fan of the brewery since Halloween and the Sticky Treats Vanilla I tried, so I jumped on this one when I saw it. 

Doesn't really favor key lime pie that much, but, was definitely tart and not bad. I knocked back 3 fairly easily. 

Today for the Georgia/Kentucky game, after a long day of Survival Games(paintball), I'm having a Belgian Wit from Monday Night Brewing.

The Fu Manbrew

20181103_181111.thumb.jpg.d3996e7413a93776f2a5e7842cf947f4.jpg

• Like 1

Well, if it means anything, I'm finishing off that sixer of Fu Manbrew I bought for last Friday. I had 3 left, and polishing the last one off now. 

I was gonna holla @The Stache and @Eddyr2 and give them the quote off the back of the bottle since I had a little buzz and felt like reading the back...

"In the perfect stranger we perceive man himself; the image of a God is not disguised by resemblances to an uncle or doubts of wisdom of a mustache," -- G.K. Chesterton 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, if it means anything, I'm finishing off that sixer of Fu Manbrew I bought for last Friday. I had 3 left, and polishing the last one off now. 

I was gonna holla @The Stache and @Eddyr2 and give them the quote off the back of the bottle since I had a little buzz and felt like reading the back...

"In the perfect stranger we perceive man himself; the image of a God is not disguised by resemblances to an uncle or doubts of wisdom of a mustache," -- G.K. Chesterton 

love me some Chesterton...one my favorite Catholic writers...

Image result for g.k. chesterton quotes

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

There’s a game somewhere on a Tuesday right? 83 degrees in November, love the Indian summers. 

A6E75E29-17DA-43C9-9D62-5CFBAF1B2427.MOV Bear Republic Double Aught Pilsner. A6E75E29-17DA-43C9-9D62-5CFBAF1B2427.MOV

Dam nice location man! That place looks stellar. 

83 degrees....dam. Last Friday it rained....again...and dipped down into the 30's.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Great scenery! Looks like you also had the place mostly to yourself. I can dig it. 

Yeah it was really nice and not packed. But then again Tits and I were there around 2:00 Pacific time lol. I went light with Pilsners and a wheat. By 5:00 this place will be packed even outside due to the nice weather we’ve been having. Great brewery and location. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Dam nice location man! That place looks stellar. 

83 degrees....dam. Last Friday it rained....again...and dipped down into the 30's.

I’m ready for winter myself. But I do love these Indian summers every October and November. 4:20 and it’s still really nice out. Won’t see 30’s for a few weeksd and that will be overnight lows. No rain in forecast for at least 2 weeks. But we can always enjoy good beer no matter the weather!!!

60F52BC8-CFEA-4991-8377-DD0D043F3BDC.jpeg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Anyone here tried Founder's Breakfast Stout? 

I keep seeing it, and have been tempted to buy a four pack, but, not sure about the chocolate/coffee/oatmeal mix. 

I tried it and it was alright. Admittedly I’m not a huge oatmeal fan so prob not the guy to ask. I do like other chocolate stouts, Rogue’s chocolate stout is outstanding. Best I’ve had.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I tried it and it was alright. Admittedly I’m not a huge oatmeal fan so prob not the guy to ask. I do like other chocolate stouts, Rogue’s chocolate stout is outstanding. Best I’ve had.

I've just never thought I was a dark beer fan before trying the Mandarin Chief Black IPA. 

I may just have to try. It'll be about like playing a 10 dollar scratch off. Pay 10 bucks, try one beer. If it's good, I win three more. If it's bad, I throw 3+ beers in the trash. Just like a losing lottery ticket. 

Haha.

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just in case anyone wanted to see what  two Mountain Jam's looked like in a 1990 collector's edition Falcons beer mug. 

I don't expect the beer mug will ever be worth anything in spite of it saying collector's edition on it. xD

20181109_233608.thumb.jpg.e6f1ab6e0ff6696df81683344baac3bc.jpg

Those 90’s Falcons always played the 49ers really tough. Great defense, but Chris Miller at QB was not gonna get you enough offense. Same with those late 80s early 90s Saints. Awesome D, but Bobby Hebert wouldn’t scare the 18’ Colquit Hogs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I've just never thought I was a dark beer fan before trying the Mandarin Chief Black IPA. 

I may just have to try. It'll be about like playing a 10 dollar scratch off. Pay 10 bucks, try one beer. If it's good, I win three more. If it's bad, I throw 3+ beers in the trash. Just like a losing lottery ticket. 

Haha.

One of the stores down the street from me has a great beer selection and lets you buy solos out of the 4 or 6 packs. That’s how I’ve found some really good beers. And conversely how I’ve only had to drink only 1 shitty beer on other occasions 😀.

• Haha 1