Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

For anyone that thought I was bull skatin'!

20181130_233349.thumb.jpg.ded7a1e48addb9c6f07f5a55f3a0a789.jpg

xD

Man, I couldn't pull the trigger on the Michter's 10. I had my hand on it and just couldn't do it. 

Not gonna fuss at all about  the Michter's US1 small batch unblended though. Smooth and kinda buttery. Didn't need the chaser at all. Gonna knock it back then sip on that whiskey pour. 

Dammit man. Good shit.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

Was thinking it might be time for beer trade / exchange amongst us. Nice to get some regional stuff that we not usually get to try. UPS that shit across state lines...this ain’t 1977, no states care anymore.

6BF6343C-7B5B-43CF-B1FD-1F1889B0C98E.jpeg

Put in your order bro. We talked about this shit a coupla years ago and all of us pussed out or something. 

They stopped carrying my peach beer in Moultrie, and never carried the Mandarin Chief, but, believe me, I'd take a Saturday and drive the 5 hours to the brewery if need be. Just itching for a reason to go to Gadsden Alabama anyway. I love it there.

Really digging the Funky Buddha Brewery  lately too. Thinking a trip to their brewery in Boca Raton area is on order soon. Their stuff has been available easily in Moultrie lately. I'm not a hoppy beer fan personally so I haven't tried Hop Gun yet, but the Sticky Treats is seasonal and damn good. 4 packs only though. 

Probably easily my favorite two regional breweries to date. Neither from Georgia though. 

Still have ONE Mandarin Chief left. Saving that one for after the state championship. Win or lose that last soldier falls on that night. 

• Like 2

I’m got some great local breweries  (Russian River, Lagunitas, Bear Republic) all within 15 minutes of me. Plus a few good stores that have huge selections of beers. 

Still get thrown off when I go back east by all this state store shit where you can’t just grab a handle of Jameson, a bottle of Chardonnay and 12 pack at the grocery store. What a pain in the ass! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I’m got some great local breweries  (Russian River, Lagunitas, Bear Republic) all within 15 minutes of me. Plus a few good stores that have huge selections of beers. 

Still get thrown off when I go back east by all this state store shit where you can’t just grab a handle of Jameson, a bottle of Chardonnay and 12 pack at the grocery store. What a pain in the ass! 

There are a lot of beer options here now. Just not a lot that I'd put my cross country friends on. 

Publix is hitting pretty good on the craft selection, but, my Moultrie Package is the only one hitting on all cylinders. If I go in there and tell them to order me something, they'll get it if at all possible. Usually they have to order at least a case though. Of course, certain beers, I'll pay up front for a case if need be. Mandarin Chief is one. Paw Paw's Peach is another. 

I can get some Lagunitas over here. They're pretty good. Maybe some limited or seasonal stuff that I can't get locally from them?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Ouch that is top fuel there. Have you tried it before?

I had one last year. I’m not gonna lie, I have an Olympic conditioned liver for these type of things, but it was almost to strong for my tastes.

Well...@Cossacks...I was going to try to sell you on a story about how I'm a clean liver and my liver is clean, but the truth is, I probably am going to have a bit of a brain tumor in the morning...

But, don't worry.  I'll get up, go work out, come home, do some stuff around the house, and then I'll grab that nap by the tail, shake it, and show it who's boss.   I should be good to go by game time...

Kinda looking forward to seeing Butterfield and Vaki...

And oh yes...your idea about a regional beer exchange is inspired.  I gotta try some of that GA peach pit paw paw or whatever that stuff is that @HawgGoneIt likes so much...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There are a lot of beer options here now. Just not a lot that I'd put my cross country friends on. 

Publix is hitting pretty good on the craft selection, but, my Moultrie Package is the only one hitting on all cylinders. If I go in there and tell them to order me something, they'll get it if at all possible. Usually they have to order at least a case though. Of course, certain beers, I'll pay up front for a case if need be. Mandarin Chief is one. Paw Paw's Peach is another. 

You sound like my wife 

only needed one but on sale so bought 6 ☹️

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Well...@Cossacks...I was going to try to sell you on a story about how I'm a clean liver and my liver is clean, but the truth is, I probably am going to have a bit of a brain tumor in the morning...

But, don't worry.  I'll get up, go work out, come home, do some stuff around the house, and then I'll grab that nap by the tail, shake it, and show it who's boss.   I should be good to go by game time...

Kinda looking forward to seeing Butterfield and Vaki...

And oh yes...your idea about a regional beer exchange is inspired.  I gotta try some of that GA peach pit paw paw or whatever that stuff is that @HawgGoneIt likes so much...

Haha, you’ll be doing a whole hell of a lot not than me. Have fun st the game, I don’t see it being that close after halftime. I’m on the DL, was hoping to hit the CC / DO game tomorrow, but I ain’t going anywhere for awhile.

Just now, hardhit1 said:

You sound like my wife 

only needed one but on sale so bought 6 ☹️

Gonna hafta come ride a roller coaster with her one day. 

I was thinking about that stuff when renewing my season pass to my local amusement park the other day. I went and you tubed a those coasters and am pretty jealous. 

Definitely down for the concerts at my park though. Gonna be a Juke Box Hero with Foreigner there next summer. I know they're old and washed up but, I grew up on that stuff. What can I say? I'm a Dirty White Boy that likes roller coasters and music rolled up into one evening. :D

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Gonna hafta come ride a roller coaster with her one day. 

I was thinking about that stuff when renewing my season pass to my local amusement park the other day. I went and you tubed a those coasters and am pretty jealous. 

Definitely down for the concerts at my park though. Gonna be a Juke Box Hero with Foreigner there next summer. I know they're old and washed up but, I grew up on that stuff. What can I say? I'm a Dirty White Boy that likes roller coasters and music rolled up into one evening. :D

Geez... you remember that stuff- cool

next week she is going to the annual coaster club at Kings Island with her parents, dad is now 80

no thanks I'm staying home and watching some GA HSFB and other states 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Haha, you’ll be doing a whole hell of a lot not than me. Have fun st the game, I don’t see it being that close after halftime. I’m on the DL, was hoping to hit the CC / DO game tomorrow, but I ain’t going anywhere for awhile.

Well shoot brother, that doesn't sound too good...hang in...hit me on the side if you want to talk about it...Or, shoot me an address where I should send the beer care package...But that might be bad incentive.

I gotta buddy who drives a motorcycle, lane splitting into work every morning.  Every time he got in an accident I brought him a care package of Ballast Point Victory At Sea.  After the third accident, I realized he might be doing it for the beer...

image.jpeg.f0b193c345f5dcd1478bd417bc0defdd.jpeg

• Haha 2

I think I've actually seen the Victory At Sea over here. Definitely seen more than one  Ballast Point brew anyway. Never tried it as I bever thought I liked dark brews, but, have discovered that I'm more of a dark/stout fan than I once thought.

It's actually pretty cool that some of these smaller upstart breweries have gone pretty much nation wide. They're taking on the Buds and Millers head on and gaining ground. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Well shoot brother, that doesn't sound too good...hang in...hit me on the side if you want to talk about it...Or, shoot me an address where I should send the beer care package...But that might be bad incentive.

I gotta buddy who drives a motorcycle, lane splitting into work every morning.  Every time he got in an accident I brought him a care package of Ballast Point Victory At Sea.  After the third accident, I realized he might be doing it for the beer...

image.jpeg.f0b193c345f5dcd1478bd417bc0defdd.jpeg

Thanks, totally appreciate it, I’ll know more later next week, but I’ll be fine!!

Victory at Sea is usually one of my go to December/ Holiday beers. I can see why your buddy might take a little road rash for the prize!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think I've actually seen the Victory At Sea over here. Definitely seen more than one  Ballast Point brew anyway. Never tried it as I bever thought I liked dark brews, but, have discovered that I'm more of a dark/stout fan than I once thought.

It's actually pretty cool that some of these smaller upstart breweries have gone pretty much nation wide. They're taking on the Buds and Millers head on and gaining ground. 

I’m more of a wheat, porter/stout fan myself. IPA’s are the rage, but not my go to. Now a really good one like Pliny the Elder I really enjoy!

Not gonna lie, I knock back Silver Bullets all day as my go to. It’s a lake beer, I can shoot a gun, drive a tractor, do yard work all day with CL’s and all’s good.

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Real talk though guys... put in your orders. If it's legal to ship and I can get my hands on what you're asking for, I'll definitely be down to ship some out to my fellow craft fans. 

Drop me something in p.m. as to what you want and the details. 

#notskeerttotrade

Yes I will be hitting you up later this week and vice versa for some NorCal brews. 

Heard Moultrie Brewing Company just came out with a new release:

“OT Heart Attack 1 Point Thriller”

I’ll take one please 😂

• Like 1

@HawgGoneIt @hardhit1

I'm a coaster junkie. Got my Cedar Fair Platinum Pass. Go up to Cedar Point every year...camp by the lake at a nearby state park. Cedar Point to put it in Sammy terms, have like 6 tier 1 coasters, and a bunch of tier 2 coasters.

This year they took their worst coaster "Mean Streak" a wooden too rough to ride anymore, and had Rocky Mountain Coasters completely renovate it to "Steel Vengeance"...and now it's unanimous #1 coaster in the world according to coaster fanatics

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

@HawgGoneIt @hardhit1

I'm a coaster junkie. Got my Cedar Fair Platinum Pass. Go up to Cedar Point every year...camp by the lake at a nearby state park. Cedar Point to put it in Sammy terms, have like 6 tier 1 coasters, and a bunch of tier 2 coasters.

This year they took their worst coaster "Mean Streak" a wooden too rough to ride anymore, and had Rocky Mountain Coasters completely renovate it to "Steel Vengeance"...and now it's unanimous #1 coaster in the world according to coaster fanatics

Cedar Point is well known as a Tier 1 amusement park.   Has been for many years.  Even Calif peeps bow down.

• Haha 1

Decided to pay my nearest brewery a visit. First time in and trying any of their brews 

20181202_150047.thumb.jpg.f456dcaf84c365252f1a4eba1b1a7bff.jpg

Went for the big boy first. Walker's Station Stout

20181202_150209.thumb.jpg.7ff3101abeabbc6a2bf9ddea0aebf842.jpg

Gets an A. 

The brewery gets an A as well. Walked in and there was a live band covering Learning To Fly by Tom Petty. They're on break now, but, yeah, cool spot. Shoulda tried the brewery already. 

My son tried the Farmhouse Berry Sour, so I sampled it. Not a huge fan of sours but this one the sour kick is faint enough that the beer is drinkable. It looks pretty. A nice red tint. Seasonal release.15437817065001944526505932544423.thumb.jpg.4fb3d11a562e45207bba250f4173804d.jpg

• Like 2

Just because the brewery is located where Ray Charles was from and is right down the street from Ray Charles Plaza...

Had to try the Rye Charles IPA.

20181202_153306.thumb.jpg.5949aee3d592ab229d6a9dc884c34752.jpg

Good IPA

They have a non-alcoholic seasonal made with fermented blackberries called the Blackberry Shrub. The wife went with that. 

20181202_153327.thumb.jpg.ccad13148582e20574a4f9efcfab39a1.jpg

Jam up and jelly tight. 

Anyway, more regional type choices for an exchange when anybody is ready. Don't think they can/bottle the Blackberry Shrub though.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Fosters!????????????? Your in CA, the land of craft beer! Put that Fosters junk away and get a real beer!

Hey Massengill / Summer's Eve douche fembot. Don't concern yourself with my drink. Just stick to your Similac , if you can't get anymore out of your mama's dried up railroad track sugar tits.

• Haha 1