Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

2 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Today for America’s Game I will be getting loaded on America’s Finest:

CA2FCCF8-293D-4578-8AA9-245E4D02B100.jpeg

We got some other fancy shit for guests who think a delicious C-Light is beneath them.  Their loss.

I go Bullets daily and will probably go 8-10 deep today. Absolutely nothing wrong with seeing the blue mountains.

But I’m gonna say I’m the leader in the clubhouse right now for straight crap. This was $5.00 for a 6 pack today so I thought what the hell.

First off it’s a citrus Mtn. Dew model. It doesn’t get anymore whiskey tango than the Dew 🤮 So kind of on me. Drank about 3 sips, that’s all I could do. Sweet and nasty! Gotta figure out if I can use the other 5 of this devils taint sweat as a marinade for BBQing.

73A01391-8873-4D7B-83DD-EF1ACED3C3BB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm over being jealous about all the special milk shake and dessert beers he finds! 

Damn him!

And damn the dessert beers that I never see anywhere. Ever!

xD

😂 We've got a lot of breweries. Just in the Cincinnati area, there are over 60 breweries. 

Pretty easy to find good beer everywhere

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

The Hawg Ale?

Hahaha. Nah. Not a matching name for the brew that it is. 

Certainly a legit session ale though. 

After trying a couple of those Oyster City brews last night, I realize just how lucky I am to have Pretoria Fields right up the road. Certainly all breweries aren't created equally. Some aren't even in the same stratosphere in spite of having cult followings and what not. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hahaha. Nah. Not a matching name for the brew that it is. 

Certainly a legit session ale though. 

After trying a couple of those Oyster City brews last night, I realize just how lucky I am to have Pretoria Fields right up the road. Certainly all breweries aren't created equally. Some aren't even in the same stratosphere in spite of having cult followings and what not. 

Absolutely true. The market has been saturated with breweries and starting to see some fold. I know locally a few that weren’t very good  and was surprised they lasted as long as they did. 

Ive never understood some of the cult like followings for what really are not very good beers. In the end the quality is what wil be their downfall or success.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Absolutely true. The market has been saturated with breweries and starting to see some fold. I know locally a few that weren’t very good  and was surprised they lasted as long as they did. 

Ive never understood some of the cult like followings for what really are not very good beers. In the end the quality is what wil be their downfall or success.

Well, I totally get the "it's my local brewery" thing. 

At the same time, there is good beers and there are not so good beers. I'm no expert about what the best beer is, but, all bullshit aside, Rye Charles ought to make Pretoria Fields famous and rich. The new session I tried today is a close second to the Rye Charles. 

Anyway, people are following their local thing because it's "theirs" which is great, but, as other better breweries show up and drop their beers in on the same crowd, eyes probably get opened. 

I still love me some Back Forty Brewery. At least the Paw Paw's Peach and the Mandarin Chief also. 

There's a few larger coverage breweries that I like some of their beers, like SweetWater, Lagunitas, Terrapin, Founders and probably more that I can't come up with right at the moment, but, the Rye Charles has most of their IPA beers looking puny imo. I'd put the Walker's Station Stout along side of any of the Founders stouts I've tried. 

The Oyster City couple I tried last night aren't worth mentioning in the same light as any of those 

• Like 1

20190125_230047.thumb.jpg.9b4df6e78e2ac2961f2d88aa2ee09261.jpg20190125_230051.thumb.jpg.13a1f727510e217f0bd936325d376768.jpg

This was another fantastic Listermann collab with The Cincinnati Zoo. 

For those that don't know, Fiona the hippo is probably the most famous celebrity in Cincinnati, not even kidding haha. She was born 6 weeks premature and only weighed half of what the smallest baby hippos normally weigh. The zoo told us how difficult it is for healthy baby hippos to Survive, and that she had very little chance to Survive......Well she survived and is doing great. 

There's merchandise, food and drinks named after her all over the city.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

20190125_230047.thumb.jpg.9b4df6e78e2ac2961f2d88aa2ee09261.jpg20190125_230051.thumb.jpg.13a1f727510e217f0bd936325d376768.jpg

This was another fantastic Listermann collab with The Cincinnati Zoo. 

For those that don't know, Fiona the hippo is probably the most famous celebrity in Cincinnati, not even kidding haha. She was born 6 weeks premature and only weighed half of what the smallest baby hippos normally weigh. The zoo told us how difficult it is for healthy baby hippos to Survive, and that she had very little chance to Survive......Well she survived and is doing great. 

There's merchandise, food and drinks named after her all over the city.

Stuff like that is what makes the local micro-breweries much better to support than an Anheuser-Busch or South African Miller-Coors brewery. 

These smaller local/regional fares know the community where they're based so they understand where to target support and fund raise etc. 

I guess I'm assuming portions of the proceeds on that brew go to supporting the zoo in some fashion though.

• Like 1

59F765AC-3F5F-417A-95EA-B60312552DE3.thumb.jpeg.afb3800c6c41b083438745958bfa8255.jpeg

I am with you @HawgGoneIt anything to drink and watch Sports!...🙂

This is a Abnormal Brewing “Hopsolada” IPA and “Reuben Egrolls”... while watching Golf Visiting So Cal down by the beach in Oceanside, CA!!... 🙂

I also had a THC “Tropical & Juicy” Double IPA (The Hop Concept), Artifex “No Name” IPA (San Clemente) and the best of the bunch was a Burgeon Brewing “Trail Guide” IPA (Carlsbad, Ca)....🙂

All while watching golf... And Chive TV, that stuff is funny!!!...🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

59F765AC-3F5F-417A-95EA-B60312552DE3.thumb.jpeg.afb3800c6c41b083438745958bfa8255.jpeg

I am with you @HawgGoneIt anything to drink and watch Sports!...🙂

This is a Abnormal Brewing “Hopsolada” IPA and “Reuben Egrolls”... while watching Golf Visiting So Cal down by the beach in Oceanside, CA!!... 🙂

I also had a THC “Tropical & Juicy” Double IPA (The Hop Concept), Artifex “No Name” IPA (San Clemente) and the best of the bunch was a Burgeon Brewing “Trail Guide” IPA (Carlsbad, Ca)....🙂

All while watching golf... And Chive TV, that stuff is funny!!!...🤣🤣🤣

How was the hopsolada......im a sucker for anything coconut.

19 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Hey @HawgGoneIt.....thought I saw the Paw Paws Peach for a second......twas not but an illusion

20190202_162148.jpg

Close but no cigar. It's a wheat and everything too. 

Nice looking paint job too. 

Hoping to make a trip up soon for some Paw Paw's Peach and Mandarin Chief. In the meantime, gonna stick with the Pretoria Fields. My getting places havent been introducing much new stuff so I'm hanging with what I like.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

1C6F3862-1743-436B-B3A6-F4AD52345C55.thumb.jpeg.df26d5bf67d7af766473b96c7b59b23c.jpeg

Moonraker “Outrigger” IPA... One of Nor Cal’s best breweries out of Auburn (Sac Area)... Awesome beers!

Also had a Revision “Amarillo Revenge” Double IPA out of Reno!!!!....

Getting ready for the Warriors vs Nuggets!!!... 🙂

The Outigger is a good beer. Have not tried the Amarillo Revenge. If I was a Nuggets fan right now (75-59) I’d drink what ever. Although Dubs have a habit of letting teams creap right back in.

• Haha 1