Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

49 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A Lil Sumpin after a long day on the water. 

20190202_174422.thumb.jpg.596c4558029998dd44e68c1b3d71cf21.jpg

20190202_174452.jpg

I was just at Lagunitas last week, one my favorite brewers.

It hasn’t been a long day on the water for me...but it’s raining here so that’s close enough for me. Hawg, you inspired me to crack open a afternoon beer.

089A0A19-2FC4-4B84-8F71-F412DB0A89C9.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

I was just at Lagunitas last week, one my favorite brewers.

It hasn’t been a long day on the water for me...but it’s raining here so that’s close enough for me. Hawg, you inspired me to crack open a afternoon beer.

089A0A19-2FC4-4B84-8F71-F412DB0A89C9.jpeg

Yeah. My Lil Sumpin' was just a starter. We stopped at Hurricane Grille in Tallahassee on the way home and had a Blackened Mahi sammich, a Mill Pond Dirty Blonde and a Red, Right, Return  Irish Red from Oyster City Brewing/Appalachicola Florida on draft while the Jerry Thigpen Trio played live for us.

The Mill Pond Dirty tasted about like water from a mill pond. Yuck. No hop flavor. Little flavor at all really.

The Irish Red was pretty good so I snapped a shot of it. 

20190202_193640.thumb.jpg.e6c8e0d8a0dab0290b861cfb86712556.jpg

In the end of ends, we caught some fish, and I managed to catch a little buzz. Red fish. Red ale. Red eyes. Haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah. My Lil Sumpin' was just a starter. We stopped at Hurricane Grille in Tallahassee on the way home and had a Blackened Mahi sammich, a Mill Pond Dirty Blonde and a Red, Right, Return  Irish Red from Oyster City Brewing/Appalachicola Florida on draft while the Jerry Thigpen Trio played live for us.

The Mill Pond Dirty tasted about like water from a mill pond. Yuck. No hop flavor. Little flavor at all really.

The Irish Red was pretty good so I snapped a shot of it. 

20190202_193640.thumb.jpg.e6c8e0d8a0dab0290b861cfb86712556.jpg

In the end of ends, we caught some fish, and I managed to catch a little buzz. Red fish. Red ale. Red eyes. Haha. 

Nice.....some time on the water sounds nice......everything just thawed out here today. On Wednesday morning it was -28° with wind chill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coletrain06 said:

Nice.....some time on the water sounds nice......everything just thawed out here today. On Wednesday morning it was -28° with wind chill.

Young man you live in the South compared to us😀  its really thawed out

Like Hawg said I caught a buzz everytime i came back from the ba..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Damn! I didn't think about how cold it might be for yall. I wasn't trying to rub it in really. 

It was raining in Moultrie as we loaded up this morning at 7. I put on a long sleeve tee, and carried an insulated flannel shirt just in case. By the time we all met up and headed south to the coast, I decided to just leave the flannel in Moultrie in my truck. Needed shades from 9 a.m. on and by 3 p.m. I had my sleeves pushed up. 64 degrees and sunny with a slight northeasterly breeze. Didn't even cool down enough after dark at the outdoor bar and grill to worry about pushing my sleeves back down. 

That is definitely a bit abnormal for this time of year honestly though. Normally we'd still go out on the water but be bundled up with insulated coveralls and masks, etc., but love the water and fishing enough to tough it out. Probably would have searched out an inside bar and grill as well.  

(Now I'm rubbing it in just a tad xD)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Damn! I didn't think about how cold it might be for yall. I wasn't trying to rub it in really. 

It was raining in Moultrie as we loaded up this morning at 7. I put on a long sleeve tee, and carried an insulated flannel shirt just in case. By the time we all met up and headed south to the coast, I decided to just leave the flannel in Moultrie in my truck. Needed shades from 9 a.m. on and by 3 p.m. I had my sleeves pushed up. 64 degrees and sunny with a slight northeasterly breeze. Didn't even cool down enough after dark at the outdoor bar and grill to worry about pushing my sleeves back down. 

That is definitely a bit abnormal for this time of year honestly though. Normally we'd still go out on the water but be bundled up with insulated coveralls and masks, etc., but love the water and fishing enough to tough it out. Probably would have searched out an inside bar and grill as well.  

(Now I'm rubbing it in just a tad xD)

i want to say F you

Well just a bit jealous here

Ft Myers next week for me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm over being jealous about all the special milk shake and dessert beers he finds! 

Damn him!

And damn the dessert beers that I never see anywhere. Ever!

xD

Ha!!!.... Yes!!... @Coletrain06 is always posting these awesome beers I can’t find out here In Cali!!!....🤣

Or maybe I am just not looking hard enough!!!....🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hardhit1 said:

i want to say F you

Well just a bit jealous here

Ft Myers next week for me

I'd be ok with the F me. 

I just said eff Coletrain basically for drinking all those great looking dessert beers and stuff. Even if it has to be colder than a witches tit where you go to find them, he makes it seem like the suffering may be worth it. 

Ft. Myers is nice. Definitely far enough south that you probably won't need the white fur pimp coat or anything. Hope it's all pleasure and no business and you enjoy the hell out of it.

4 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Ha!!!.... Yes!!... @Coletrain06 is always posting these awesome beers I can’t find out here In Cali!!!....🤣

Or maybe I am just not looking hard enough!!!....🤣🤣🤣

I'm always looking for anything like those! Never see them anywhere! 

Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama. No where. No how. Guess it's a northeastern/rust belt regional type thing that hasn't caught on down southeast yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'd be ok with the F me. 

I just said eff Coletrain basically for drinking all those great looking dessert beers and stuff. Even if it has to be colder than a witches tit where you go to find them, he makes it seem like the suffering may be worth it. 

Ft. Myers is nice. Definitely far enough south that you probably won't need the white fur pimp coat or anything. Hope it's all pleasure and no business and you enjoy the hell out of it.

Yeah no fur pimp coat i'm bringing my wife

damn 25+ years here  4 days

and 200 days of golf later 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A new brew from Pretoria Fields. So new it doesn't yet have a name. 

A pretty nice session ale for sure. Got the hop bite and a crisp finish. Hazy golden color. Under 5% abv so an easy drinker. 

Lucky me. Get to try one before it's even named. 

20190203_141153.thumb.jpg.01da4012244ed038838b1c2f888c32d9.jpg

The Hawg Ale?

• Haha 1