Depth check - California

Nolebull813

3 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Probably not.

The worst Trinity League team dropped a game earlier to Rancho Cucamonga.  RC is 4-0 but barely getting by mediocre teams.  Los Alamitos has victories over less impressive teams than Rancho.   Translation: Servite is not that good.  The other TL basement dwellers (JSerra and RSM) are a step up from Servite but still might not survive the 1AA bracket.   

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 1:19 PM, Kalven said:

I believe FL would own TX this year. Chaminade STA Central AH Columbus would win 4-1 on TX top 5. 

Agreed.  FL’s best much better than TX’s best this year.  And FL and GA put more guys *per capita* in FBS and the League than CA (and TX ), so I guess that makes FL or GA the best football states.  Happy now, FL? 

PS: MD and SJB will still gladly curb stomp any of your teams, though; anywhere, any time. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2023 at 11:37 PM, Nolebull813 said:

The 31st ranked California team, 333rd nationally just lost to the 42nd ranked KENTUCKY team ranked 2,141st in the country. 

Let the record show that California is a 2 team state that recruits a metro area of 20 million from San Diego to Bakersfield. 

You stole my argument. There is a good reason why Jason Negro and Bruce Rollinson never went to the Power Five for a big payday. They couldn't get a job as a janitor in Middle and South Georgia, without recruiting the whole dang state.

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2023 at 5:42 PM, GoBigBlack said:

Enough to cancel out the worst team in the league beating Los Al last night?

Dang dude. You act as though the teams in the Trinity League don't recruit everything left over by MD and SJB! None of those teams should raise a sweat against regular Cali teams, who only recruit from a talent base of a couple of hundred thousand.

On 9/10/2023 at 4:57 PM, MD87 said:

Agreed.  FL’s best much better than TX’s best this year.  And FL and GA put more guys *per capita* in FBS and the League than CA (and TX ), so I guess that makes FL or GA the best football states.  Happy now, FL? 

PS: MD and SJB will still gladly curb stomp any of your teams, though; anywhere, any time. 🤣

I believe that the top twenty every season in Georgia, would own Cali, Fla., or Texas, except for the football factories in Southern California. As it is now, big time Fla. teams have suddenly become gun shy with playing the top tier in Georgia. Everybody always points to Norcross getting embarrassed by Booker T. Washington, in the I believe, 2013. But nobody ever mentions when many of Georgia big boys swatted Florida's best. We even squashed the Florida Allstar team 27-3, when Jamal Lewis went wild in the Georgia Dome.

Rollinson and Negro are merely recruiting jokes. They don't develop squat. Look what J.T. Daniels did in high school against teams with 1/100th of their talent pool. He gets to college and disappears. He'll be selling used cars pretty soon, if he survives college crowd disillusion.

And if you don't think that MD don't recruit. They replaced J.T. with Bryce Young. And it took THREE WEEKS! Most Cali teams have been recruiting for a 100 years. And don't you boys have NIL in high school?

30 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

None of those teams should raise a sweat against regular Cali teams, who only recruit from a talent base of a couple of hundred thousand.

The first part of your statement is true. but there is not a linear relationship between population and football talent in CA.  So as insightful as you feel your commentary may be regarding most things football, the population thing just makes you look…..

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

I believe that the top twenty every season in Georgia, would own Cali, Fla., or Texas, except for the football factories in Southern California. As it is now, big time Fla. teams have suddenly become gun shy with playing the top tier in Georgia. Everybody always points to Norcross getting embarrassed by Booker T. Washington, in the I believe, 2013. But nobody ever mentions when many of Georgia big boys swatted Florida's best. We even squashed the Florida Allstar team 27-3, when Jamal Lewis went wild in the Georgia Dome.

Rollinson and Negro are merely recruiting jokes. They don't develop squat. Look what J.T. Daniels did in high school against teams with 1/100th of their talent pool. He gets to college and disappears. He'll be selling used cars pretty soon, if he survives college crowd disillusion.

And if you don't think that MD don't recruit. They replaced J.T. with Bryce Young. And it took THREE WEEKS! Most Cali teams have been recruiting for a 100 years. And don't you boys have NIL in high school?

Ga has many all-star teams . Grayson, Buford, Marietta being a few who get transfers every year ( maybe not Marietta ).  Just a lazy argument from you . Your teams do the same, but rarely does an elite team come out of Ga . 

33 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

The Florida boys are tougher than the Georgia boys and you would be upset at the results.

On 9/9/2023 at 4:57 PM, SeaShells21 said:

Right?

It’s like, take away Mater Dei and Thing 2 and that basically leaves De La Salle’s Oos record which is decent but they have a good amount of loses to the power states and from power teams.

I really hope St Frances can at least have a good showing against Mater Dei. It’s a long shot but it’ll take away some of the mystique behind the analysts view of the Trinity League.

Speaking of De la Salle, during their 5000 game winning streak. I think that they beat one decent team, and that was the inner city Poly Jackrabbits, from Long Beach. And their win streak was ended when a team from that football crazed state of Washington beat them. And fast forward to 2019 in Georgia. When a lightly recruited up team from Marietta, traveled to Vegas for the GEICO State Champions Challenge. And did battle with what was heralded as the most talented team in Washington state history, Eastside Catholic. And I watched Marietta on ESPN, blow Eastside out into the desert, something like 58-14.

You thump your chest out there in Cali about two schools. But lets see what's what, if you were confronted with a virtual ALLSTAR team in Georgia, like SJB and Mater Dei. Buford doesn't come close to the recruiting effort those two schools make, to stack their teams. And Buford, at last count, has as many five star players, as CALIFORNIA. How'd you like to play a Georgia team, who has the likes of K.J. Bolden, Dylan Raiola, Eddrick Houston, Ny Carr, Travis Hunter, Amanie Kromah, Tyreek Hill, Nick Chubb, Jamal Lewis, Landen Thomas, Stetson Bennett IV, just to name a few of THOUSANDS in the recent past. And most of these dudes were the best at their position in high school.

All you need to know about Cali talent is this. UGA, to my knowledge, has signed one player, a DB from MD or SJB, since Kirby Smart has come back to Athens.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

Ga has many all-star teams . Grayson, Buford, Marietta being a few who get transfers every year ( maybe not Marietta ).  Just a lazy argument from you . Your teams do the same, but rarely does an elite team come out of Ga . 

NOT like MD or SJB? Or do you think that those two clowns at those two schools developed the #1 or #2 quality teams EVERY season for a decade, out of 12,000 high schools in America? You CAN'T be THIS naive? 

3 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

Speaking of De la Salle, during their 5000 game winning streak. I think that they beat one decent team, and that was the inner city Poly Jackrabbits, from Long Beach. And their win streak was ended when a team from that football crazed state of Washington beat them. And fast forward to 2019 in Georgia. When a lightly recruited up team from Marietta, traveled to Vegas for the GEICO State Champions Challenge. And did battle with what was heralded as the most talented team in Washington state history, Eastside Catholic. And I watched Marietta on ESPN, blow Eastside out into the desert, something like 58-14.

You thump your chest out there in Cali about two schools. But lets see what's what, if you were confronted with a virtual ALLSTAR team in Georgia, like SJB and Mater Dei. Buford doesn't come close to the recruiting effort those two schools make, to stack their teams. And Buford, at last count, has as many five star players, as CALIFORNIA. How'd you like to play a Georgia team, who has the likes of K.J. Bolden, Dylan Raiola, Eddrick Houston, Ny Carr, Travis Hunter, Amanie Kromah, Tyreek Hill, Nick Chubb, Jamal Lewis, Landen Thomas, Stetson Bennett IV, just to name a few of THOUSANDS in the recent past. And most of these dudes were the best at their position in high school.

All you need to know about Cali talent is this. UGA, to my knowledge, has signed one player, a DB from MD or SJB, since Kirby Smart has come back to Athens.

I would love to see an all-star game maybe at the end of the year; where a state, if they decided could put together a all-star roster for a game and play one of the other states all-star team.

Just now, Middlegafan said:

NOT like MD or SJB? Or do you think that those two clowns at those two schools developed the #1 or #2 quality teams EVERY season for a decade, out of 12,000 high schools in America? You CAN'T be THIS naive? 

If the HOF coach from Virginia, who coaches Marietta, has what people consider an allstar team. The powers that be at Marietta, need to get a refund. Other than his state championship season in 2019, he hasn't had a winning record at any time before or since.

1 minute ago, SeaShells21 said:

I would love to see an all-star game maybe at the end of the year; where a state, if they decided could put together a all-star roster for a game and play one of the other states all-star team.

WELL, you won't see THAT out of Texas, Ohio, or Cali. Because their state associations apparently have a stipulation that there be no post season shenanigans among other states.

Georgia actually did this for about a decade, until our girlfriends down on the beach decided that they needed to concentrate more on their tans. WE woulda beaten them for the fifth straight time, if Takeo Spikes hadn't been stopped at the one foot line in Orlando, to preserve a 3-0 win for the beach boys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Middlegafan said:

Dang dude. You act as though the teams in the Trinity League don't recruit everything left over by MD and SJB! None of those teams should raise a sweat against regular Cali teams, who only recruit from a talent base of a couple of hundred thousand.

Oh. Can you tell me what I did that made it seem I was acting that way?

46 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

You ever hear of coaching , having a system in place ? Most schools, you could give them 30 d-1's, and they would never approach MD or SJB .  Look at SF , Duncanville, etc.  

Honestly when I think depth I think states that can divide their teams based on classification and have a good strong representative on every divided level... 

For example in GA and FL: 

At the top you have your larger schools 

GA-Colquitt,Buford,Grayson,Mill Creek teams like that... 

FL-STA,Miami Central,AHP,Chaminade-Madonna,Cardinal Gibbons,etc... 

I dont think Cali can do that... 

You got MD,SJB and Cen10 and thats it.... 

DLS has fallen off so hard that they're out here losing to OLU.... 

OLU who probably wont beat SJB or MD and probably wont finish top 3 in the trinity league.... 

Then Mission Viejo hasn't (And never does) anything impressive.... they play no one.... E V E R.... so its hard to actually gauge them... 

On 9/8/2023 at 11:37 PM, Nolebull813 said:

The 31st ranked California team, 333rd nationally just lost to the 42nd ranked KENTUCKY team ranked 2,141st in the country. 

Let the record show that California is a 2 team state that recruits a metro area of 20 million from San Diego to Bakersfield. 

KY is a BAKETBOL STATE, pilgrim.

Probably the reason why they SHOULD petition to play down in the BIG TEN!