Depth check - California

Nolebull813

SJB and Mater Dei would beat the 2023 Lakeland team convincingly. And that's it. No other team in the state would be a clear favorite. The way they've built two mega-powers has meant that there's no one else in the state that scares anyone. 

The way most fans view things, this is the way to be seen as the "best" state. The "best" state is typically based on how good the top 1-2 teams are. That's a stupid way to rate states. Which is to say it is exactly what you'd expect from people in 2023. So, California is the best state because their top two is the best top two in the country. That #3, whoever that is, is a pedestrian team that couldn't win 4S in Florida, is meaningless. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, badrouter said:

SJB and Mater Dei would beat the 2023 Lakeland team convincingly. And that's it. No other team in the state would be a clear favorite. The way they've built two mega-powers has meant that there's no one else in the state that scares anyone. 

The way most fans view things, this is the way to be seen as the "best" state. The "best" state is typically based on how good the top 1-2 teams are. That's a stupid way to rate states. Which is to say it is exactly what you'd expect from people in 2023. So, California is the best state because their top two is the best top two in the country. That #3, whoever that is, is a pedestrian team that couldn't win 4S in Florida, is meaningless. 

Uh who in California has claimed best state? Best team certainly…all day every day.I myself believe Texas is the deepest state from top to bottom 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Uh who in California has claimed best state? Best team certainly…all day every day.I myself believe Texas is the deepest state from top to bottom 

You would be surprised by the YouTube Californians; although most of them are probably high school students.

Although, a lot of the adults clearly voice the opinion that California is just built different in every way and no one can compete; and they do it on games involving other states. It is rather annoying.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Yeah, I’ve never been a nerd that actually cares what state is the best or not. I would say in my opinion, Texas is the best state but there’s absolutely zero basis or any way to prove that so it’s just a personal opinion which is pretty meaningless. Plus, I really don’t give a shit so there’s that.😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

You would be surprised by the YouTube Californians; although most of them are probably high school students.

Although, a lot of the adults clearly voice the opinion that California is just built different in every way and no one can compete; and they do it on games involving other states. It is rather annoying.

Come on seashells 

YT comments are less reliable and trustworthy than the crackheads at the corner store

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ararar said:

This is not true.Calpreps hasn’t rated California 1 since 2018.Texas has been top dog since then

There may be some sort of metric by which they somehow manage to make CA not their top state. But, at present (after the BG-CC game) they have CC, Sierra Canyon and Junipero Serra as National top 25 teams.  The top several dozen teams in their ratings are always dominated by CA teams.

7 hours ago, badrouter said:

There may be some sort of metric by which they somehow manage to make CA not their top state. But, at present (after the BG-CC game) they have CC, Sierra Canyon and Junipero Serra as National top 25 teams.  The top several dozen teams in their ratings are always dominated by CA teams.

Cen10, yes, but not S. Canyon or JSerra. 

13 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

The 31st ranked California team, 333rd nationally just lost to the 42nd ranked KENTUCKY team ranked 2,141st in the country. 
  ↳

Let the record show that California is a 2 team state that recruits a metro area of 20 million from San Diego to Bakersfield.  ↳

13 hours ago, badrouter said:

SJB and Mater Dei would beat the 2023 Lakeland team convincingly. And that's it. No other team in the state would be a clear favorite. The way they've built two mega-powers has meant that there's no one else in the state that scares anyone.  ↳

The way most fans view things, this is the way to be seen as the "best" state. The "best" state is typically based on how good the top 1-2 teams are. That's a stupid way to rate states. Which is to say it is exactly what you'd expect from people in 2023. So, California is the best state because their top two is the best top two in the country. That #3, whoever that is, is a pedestrian team that couldn't win 4S in Florida, is meaningless.  ↳

Who are you arguing with?

Relax. I think you're the only ones concerned that your dicks might be too small. 

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I see it all the time. Without a doubt cali has the worse fans. Proximity chest thumping.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

The 31st ranked California team, 333rd nationally just lost to the 42nd ranked KENTUCKY team ranked 2,141st in the country. 

Let the record show that California is a 2 team state that recruits a metro area of 20 million from San Diego to Bakersfield. 

You left out recruiting hawaii arizona and utah

5 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I see it all the time. Without a doubt cali has the worse fans. Proximity chest thumping.

Right?

It’s like, take away Mater Dei and Thing 2 and that basically leaves De La Salle’s Oos record which is decent but they have a good amount of loses to the power states and from power teams.

I really hope St Frances can at least have a good showing against Mater Dei. It’s a long shot but it’ll take away some of the mystique behind the analysts view of the Trinity League.