Official: 2023 SEC West Thread

RedZone

I like LSU's chances.

Feeling much better about things after the second half collapse vs Florida State.

I wasn't real impressed with any SEC West team yesterday. Every one of them are very beatable.

Of course every SEC West team will show lots of improvement in the next three to four weeks, BUT LSU has the best players in the West and when we get them all on the field the nation will see and feel it.

Anyways, this IS the SEC West thread!

Good day.

Alabama football has some serious issues in 2023.

I really didn't see one thing that stood out on this Alabama team last night other than not very much discipline..

..gump OL was completely manhandled, QB is a weak link, RBs very average, WRs not very scary, LBs sure didn't stand out, secondary running around not doing much of nothing except missing assignments and tackles.....the DL was OK, but they've had better..... And then there's was 10-11 penalties.

gump has a lot of stuff to clean up. Maybe Nick Saban will finally earn his money this year.

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Kiffin wins the West !!!!!

I guess it's possible, but they were not very impressive yesterday. Granted Tulane is a lot better program now. 

The final score of that game was not really indicative of how the game was actually played.

It was anybody's game with 5 minutes left. They overturned a first down for Tulane on a 4th Down play which was huge and of course the scoop and score at the end for the ice.

Maybe I'm looking at that wrong and it was a good win for Ole Miss on the road.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Alabama football has some serious issues in 2023.

I really didn't see one thing that stood out on this Alabama team last night other than not very much discipline..

..gump OL was completely manhandled, QB is a weak link, RBs very average, WRs not very scary, LBs sure didn't stand out, secondary running around not doing much of nothing except missing assignments and tackles.....the DL was OK, but they've had better..... And then there's was 10-11 penalties.

gump has a lot of stuff to clean up. Maybe Nick Saban will finally earn his money this year.

Alabama had O sacks and only 2 tackles for losses last night.

When was the last time gump did not record 1 sack.

Texas had 5 sacks last night and just dominated the defensive LOS.

Good news for LSU is they've got 2 of their RBs back...... Diggs and  Goodwin were both cleared to play yesterday.

Neither played vs Florida State.

RB Logan Diggs had 115 Yards and a TD in his LSU debut yesterday...... transferred in from Notre Dame and prepped at Rummel (NOLA). 

We also got a couple secondary guys back and of course all world Maason Smith on the DL 

It's only going to get better.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Good news for LSU is they've got 2 of their RBs back...... Diggs and  Goodwin were both cleared to play yesterday.

Neither played vs Florida State.

RB Logan Diggs had 115 Yards and a TD in his LSU debut yesterday...... transferred in from Notre Dame and prepped at Rummel (NOLA). 

We also got a couple secondary guys back and of course all world Maason Smith on the DL 

It's only going to get better.

Did Logan Diggs play for Louisana #10 Rummel when they lost at home against Florida #93 Escambia? I can’t remember. I get the years mixed up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Mississippi state is a bye week. We were told by you that USC has a ton of bye weeks this year, and Arizona was one of those games.  Guess who just played Mississippi State to an overtime game last week? If you guessed Arizona, you're right. 

Alabama’s offense just stinks…. No one other then GA is impressive in the SEC….  

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Mississippi state is a bye week. We were told by you that USC has a ton of bye weeks this year, and Arizona was one of those games.  Guess who just played Mississippi State to an overtime game last week? If you guessed Arizona, you're right. 

.....usc hasn't played 1 single game this year.

Why are you speaking in public?

6 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

The way the SEC has been playing this season they may not legitimately get someone in the playoffs at all. Unfortunately the people in charge would put a 2 loss SEC team in there for ratings purposes and leave a one loss power five team out.

The only problem with your scenario is LSU is not losing another game this year!!