NFL Today - no Phyllis George but we may have some Jimmy the Greeks :)

golfaddict1

16 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

KC is the favorite.  SF extremely fortunate.  They keep getting horrible starts and in deep holes.  One thing that is showcased is Purdy the real deal, leading comebacks Ala Montana,  Young 

Purdy much better 2nd half.  

Nice composure, taking a hit and knowing he’s got the target.  

Scrambling patience.  No tosses into triple coverage.  😂 (Lamar!) 

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Dan Campbell killed the momentum of is own team. bEast Texas Kid gonna roll the Niners ass in 2 weeks.  Only my Cowboys could have choked a game away like that.   

It's gonna be hard to beat the niners in the super bowl.  They've been playing on the edge, and are due for a complete 4 quarter game. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I’d pump the breaks on the Montana and Young comparisons.

Yes he had that sweet bomb to Auyuk 😂, but he was still sloppy with several throws. He actually looked better with his feet than arm.

No comparison to Montana/Young except in grittiness and able to perform in clutch. You have to remember,  Montana wasn't great in his 1rst championship game vs Dallas,  but he/team prevailed despite 6 to's,  two interceptions in the end zone by Joe. 

Somehow game doesn't feel like a victory,  just relief. They need a better defensive coordinator 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Dan Campbell killed the momentum of is own team. bEast Texas Kid gonna roll the Niners ass in 2 weeks.  Only my Cowboys could have choked a game away like that.   

When a 48 yarder attempt up 14 midway 3rd turns into folding pocket aces with bank against a short stack who goes all in.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

When a 48 yarder attempt up 14 midway 3rd turns into folding pocket aces with bank against a short stack who goes all in.  

Do not screw with the football gods. They don’t like coaches who think they are smarter than everyone else

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Do not screw with the football gods. They don’t like coaches who think they are smarter than everyone else

Campbell was holding the fucking Brady Bunch Hawaii relic!  😂 

Announcers were appeasing Campbell too.  Fuck that.  Olsen gets paid a lot of money.  Speak your mind Olsen.  You know he fucked up multiple times.   Let him know it!  

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I’d pump the breaks on the Montana and Young comparisons.

Yes he had that sweet bomb to Auyuk 😂, but he was still sloppy with several throws. He actually looked better with his feet than arm.

A better comparison is Jeff Garcia 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

@Norcalnut thinking of you man.  All the best.  

Take your classy and sporty ride out when you’re comfortable and enjoy the sweepers.  😊

Onto the big dance as I think Parcells said.   Hope you enjoyed the game and could relax.  💪 

Thanks Golf, appreciate the sentiment. I’m doing pretty good in my recovery (unfortunately I lost my whole voice box to cancer but the rest of my body is in real good shape) and keeping my promise to go to the SB if the Niners make it. I have access to 2 tickets at cost so I will be there.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

Thanks Golf, appreciate the sentiment. I’m doing pretty good in my recovery (unfortunately I lost my whole voice box to cancer but the rest of my body is in real good shape) and keeping my promise to go to the SB if the Niners make it. I have access to 2 tickets at cost so I will be there.

I’ll root 49ers for you.  

I’ll also root for $, in case you take in any gambling during your visit.  😊

Have a fantastic trip!  💪 

10 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Vincent Price lured him into that dark cave. Greg, Peter and Bobby tied up against a wall might have been a dream for Mike, but not for Campbell.

😆

“Kids, one more time please… when he was tying you up” 

“Bobby”  “do you like movies about Gladiators” 😂 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’ll root 49ers for you.  

I’ll also root for $, in case you take in any gambling during your visit.  😊

Have a fantastic trip!  💪 

I only play poker, everything else is just a suckers bet. If the house didn’t always come out on top there would be no Vegas. This could be my last chance in life for something like this (gotta admit that I’ve led a pretty good life, this will be my 3rd SB to go along with 3 World Series and 2 NBA championships series) I even pushed back my radiation treatments a week for the SB. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Line opened Niners -2.5. Went down to Niners -1.5 I have not seen KC as the favorite anywhere?

IMG_9978.png

I was using my own prediction . I would favor KC because that 49er defense just has to many holes right now . 49ers can still win , but if I had money on it , which I don't , I would slightly favor KC , plus the Mahomes factor.  Then again, how about the Purdy factor  Lol !   The last time these two faced each other in regular season ( l forget which ) KC shredded the 49er defense .  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

I only play poker, everything else is just a suckers bet. If the house didn’t always come out on top there would be no Vegas. This could be my last chance in life for something like this (gotta admit that I’ve led a pretty good life, this will be my 3rd SB to go along with 3 World Series and 2 NBA championships series) I even pushed back my radiation treatments a week for the SB. 

Did this all come upon you suddenly, or has this been going on for a while ?  Always enjoyed your posts both here and Norcalpreps

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I was using my own prediction . I would favor KC because that 49er defense just has to many holes right now . 49ers can still win , but if I had money on it , which I don't , I would slightly favor KC , plus the Mahomes factor.  Then again, how about the Purdy factor  Lol !   The last time these two faced each other in regular season ( l forget which ) KC shredded the 49er defense .  

Yes, last year KC absolutely shredded the Niners defense. The Niners are due for a complete game. It’s been over two months since they’ve had all facets working. 

I took the Niners and gave the points at one and a half. I never bet with my heart that’s legitimately how I think the game’s gonna play out. I do think the Niners are gonna win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Yes, last year KC absolutely shredded the Niners defense. The Niners are due for a complete game. It’s been over two months since they’ve had all facets working. 

I took the Niners and gave the points at one and a half. I never bet with my heart that’s legitimately how I think the game’s gonna play out. I do think the Niners are gonna win.

As the bookie told me once , ( you have no team when you are a handicapper ). I would never play against  the 49ers because that is my team and I don't want money to spoil my enjoyment of pulling for them .  Yes, 49ers can win .  Armstead's foot injury is a long term lingering thing to overcome . He is far from being his usual self . There is a reason why Washington let Chase leave. He has  limited lateral movement and can't do much against the run . He is only starting due to the injury of the normal guy .   Hargrove doesn't do much either . I think this 49er team does play better when their backs are against the wall . Being heavy favorites against Detroit and Packers I think made them a little tight and that is why they had such bad starts . Who knows . 

3 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Did this all come upon you suddenly, or has this been going on for a while ?  Always enjoyed your posts both here and Norcalpreps

It was kinda sudden, my voice was getting a little horse but I attributed it to long Covid symptoms. When I did finally get a diagnosis of cancer on my vocal cords I had to make a quick decision on heavy radiation and chemo or surgery (full laryngectomy)and light radiation (radiation to the head and neck can really fuck things up) I picked the latter because it has a more likely better outcome. The upside is I’ll still be able to talk using a TEP valve (look it up, it’s pretty amazing) inserted between my larynx and esophagus.  I’ve got a long recovery but prognosis looks good because the cancer didn’t spread from my vocal cords. I’m stoked though about our Niners and ready for my SB trip. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1