NFL Today - no Phyllis George but we may have some Jimmy the Greeks :)

golfaddict1

On 1/29/2024 at 4:56 PM, Norcalnut said:

I only play poker, everything else is just a suckers bet. If the house didn’t always come out on top there would be no Vegas. This could be my last chance in life for something like this (gotta admit that I’ve led a pretty good life, this will be my 3rd SB to go along with 3 World Series and 2 NBA championships series) I even pushed back my radiation treatments a week for the SB. 

Impressive list of title games you took in. 

My list is sadly lonely…

One WS game with my son (Yanks vs Marlins).
We sat in Dolphins seating normally, dead CF about 6 rows from the top and took turns using binoculars.  
$60 a ticket!  😂 

Was fun, even though they lost the game.  They won the series, which mattered more.  

Any specific memories from the title games you took in, stand out?  I should probably ask which, as I’m sure you have many. 

You’ve got more title games to see after this SB. 💪 

One future big game, you might see a 7 on 7 SB live.  😂  

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Impressive list of title games you took in. 

My list is sadly lonely…

One WS game with my son (Yanks vs Marlins).
We sat in Dolphins seating normally, dead CF about 6 rows from the top and took turns using binoculars.  
$60 a ticket!  😂 

Was fun, even though they lost the game.  They won the series, which mattered more.  

Any specific memories from the title games you took in, stand out?  I should probably ask which, as I’m sure you have many. 

You’ve got more title games to see after this SB. 💪 

One future big game, you might see a 7 on 7 SB live.  😂  

You got to experience that with your son, that’s something you can never replace. I never had that with my kids, not into sports, but I’m taking my grandson to the SB so I’m stoked. I guess 1989 Earthquake Series stands out. I had nosebleed seats for that one and it was moving so much I thought the stadium would collapse. I was newly married with 2 young kids so it was a harrowing experience. Watching Baumgartner destroy KC in the WS would be a close second.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

You got to experience that with your son, that’s something you can never replace. I never had that with my kids, not into sports, but I’m taking my grandson to the SB so I’m stoked. I guess 1989 Earthquake Series stands out. I had nosebleed seats for that one and it was moving so much I thought the stadium would collapse. I was newly married with 2 young kids so it was a harrowing experience. Watching Baumgartner destroy KC in the WS would be a close second.

Baumgartner pulled off one of the greatest , most dominant performances I've ever seen in WS series . KC fans trembled when he came out of that bullpen to close them down . What Warrior series did you attend ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Baumgartner pulled off one of the greatest , most dominant performances I've ever seen in WS series . KC fans trembled when he came out of that bullpen to close them down . What Warrior series did you attend ?

I wish I could have been in KC to watch him close it out but his 2 wins were incredible. I was at the Warriors 2015 championship. I also caught Kobe and Shaq in the 2002 championship series. 

• Like 2

On 1/31/2024 at 12:41 PM, CaliNorth said:

He had a wicked hitting spree, to go along with  clutch pitching.  

One of the best hitting pitchers I’ve seen.  
Quite an athlete.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Looks like I’ll sign up for Amazons free trial come playoff time 🤣

No disrespect to the Eagles cheerleaders or their opponent’s (not posted yet), but they should stay home for this game and let some local Brazilian talent cheerlead in all 4 corners of the stadium.   :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

This aged well. lol

Watched the 2nd half of first leg match between Arsenal (home) vs Bayern Munich, this afternoon.   2-2 finish.  

Still weird seeing Kane in a Bayern uni.  

He was getting booed before his penalty kick goal.  😆  

• Haha 1