I saw a grown ass man cry three times tonight!...

ORabidOne

FIRST was when the Colquitt County student body, elected a special needs young lady, as the 2017 Homecoming Queen!

Second was when the Colquitt County Fire Department, brought a ladder truck to the HOG PEN, and hoisted an American flag high over the stadium end zone. As a gesture of thanks to the many local first responders, who aided the county in their time of need two weeks ago! They were subsequently greeted at midfield by a standing ovation!

And lastly, this dude balled when his team of overachieving warriors, came to play tonight in every aspect of the game! And sent the #2 ranked team in ole Virginnie, back home vie a RUNNING CLOCK! MAAAAAYBE, they've turned the corner a year early! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you mighty hogs!

OOOPS, I almost forgot! The QB's MOM told me tonight, that they didn't play teams in Virginia, because NOBODY wanted to PLAY UM! I told her, WELL, you're in GEORGIA NOW!:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

FIRST was when the Colquitt County student body, elected a special needs young lady, as the 2017 Homecoming Queen!

Second was when the Colquitt County Fire Department, brought a ladder truck to the HOG PEN, and hoisted an American flag high over the stadium end zone. As a gesture of thanks to the many local first responders, who aided the county in their time of need two weeks ago! They were subsequently greeted at midfield by a standing ovation!

And lastly, this dude balled when his team of overachieving warriors, came to play tonight in every aspect of the game! And sent the #2 ranked team in ole Virginnie, back home vie a RUNNING CLOCK! MAAAAAYBE, they've turned the corner a year early! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you mighty hogs!

OOOPS, I almost forgot! The QB's MOM told me tonight, that they didn't play teams in Virginia, because NOBODY wanted to PLAY UM! I told her, WELL, you're in GEORGIA NOW!:)

Nice!!!

BSs offense definitely sucks. I can see why they only scored 7 vs AHP, 8 vs SFA, and 0 vs GC. Yet they scored 48 vs McNamara and 55 vs a MA team.

They just heave the ball up 75% of the time and hope someone catches it. Thats not gonna work against too many teams unless you have some super elite WRs. 

But their D was suppose to be elite level. They held AHP to 2 FGs for 3.5 quarters and gave up 1 TD towards the very end of the game. Of SFAs 29 points, only 2 TDs were offensive TDs. And they held GC to 3 points.

Despite that... They were thoroughly beaten by poor, tiny, undersized, and inexperienced Hawglets by 31 points last night.

I posted this in a different thread before I read this thread here, so copied the relative part and brought it over here...

The Sully fans I talked with seemed to think our defense played a little "rough" compared to other teams they've played, which may be true, we got flagged quite a bit. They told me that they thought this was the epitome of an ass whooping though so they couldn't make many excuses. They felt like they had AHP and let em get away and that they should have won against Good Counsel. They compared us to St. Frances Academy in teams they've seen so far but thought we would give them a heck of a game. I guess that was meant as a compliment, but, I don't like our two teams on one sideline being compared to no pansy assed private school. xD

I think they are kind of where we were last season after talking to them. Graduated a lot of seniors off to D-1 schools, then lost their primary running back first game of the season. They're right there with AHP, kinda like we were last year, and probably right there with a lot of teams, but just don't quite have enough to get all the way. 

If their receivers caught half or more of the balls they had hit their hands and dropped, the game could have looked a good bit different. 

7 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Were you watching me with your little field glasses?!

Image result for man with opera binoculars

I was choking back some tears myself when Abby won Homecoming queen. Good stuff.

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I appreciate and admire the strong values down in Moultrie. 

Now, if that could only translate that into future, high-profile OOS games.

I suspect that, as per usual, there will be a couple of "big names" on our pre-region schedule each year.

In spite of all the crud tossed around on here which has built into quite the "legend", Colquitt has always tried to find a couple of high profile games each season. 

Much like has happened to Mater Dei this season, some of the "big names" don't always pan out to be what everyone expected. Nothing can be done about that, but, as we have seen, posters can design quite the story around it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Much like has happened to Mater Dei this season, some of the "big names" don't always pan out to be what everyone expected. Nothing can be done about that, but, as we have seen, posters can design quite the story around it. 

TRUE.  It's much easier to fall of a cliff from one year to the next than the reciprocal situation to occur.  I don't think many good programs actually plot to ambush top tier teams on off years.  Shit happens.

Regarding MD, their league schedule alone is pretty tough.   If they can roll through the Trinity league, toss the SJB monkey off their back twice in one year and beat Cen10, they'll have accomplished something precios few teams could.

Could make for a remarkable Christmas for those on SammyswordStache's list.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I appreciate and admire the strong values down in Moultrie. 

Now, if that could only translate that into future, high-profile OOS games.

I think next year will be a good year to get some games set up GSB. Get the ball rolling with Probst. I think next year we will be able to stand toe to toe with..... ANYONE

10 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

If Sully is the No.2 team in Virginia....then Virginia should discontinue football.  Not one of the Crusaders could catch a .....cold.  They were...as you would say....#overhyped.

Rufus>

WELL, they gots SOMEBODY fooled! Cause their QB has verbal to Maryland! Their WR is a four star! And their TB is an ALL AMERICAN! They have no fewer than ten major DI prospects!

8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

BSs offense definitely sucks. I can see why they only scored 7 vs AHP, 8 vs SFA, and 0 vs GC. Yet they scored 48 vs McNamara and 55 vs a MA team.

They just heave the ball up 75% of the time and hope someone catches it. Thats not gonna work against too many teams unless you have some super elite WRs. 

But their D was suppose to be elite level. They held AHP to 2 FGs for 3.5 quarters and gave up 1 TD towards the very end of the game. Of SFAs 29 points, only 2 TDs were offensive TDs. And they held GC to 3 points.

Despite that... They were thoroughly beaten by poor, tiny, undersized, and inexperienced Hawglets by 31 points last night.

Caulquitt FINALLY played FOUR QUARTERS! 2018-2022 is gonna be FUN TO WATCH!!!!!!!!!!! Forty five to sixty seniors, EVERY season!